PDA

View Full Version : General Delorean Detailing

drdelorean
03-30-2016, 07:06 AM
Greetings!

So spring is here (barley) in Norway. Ive already started detailing my D, but I thought it would be insightful to get some tips on products and techniques in a thread like this.

I dont know if anyone here have seen Chemical Guys vid on youtube on detailing a Delorean, if you look away from all the bad jokes and the fact that it is a time machine, has anyone tried this product on a stainless?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOkJMFjBG8

Also I'm planning on doing a engine wash/detailing, I got some bumper trim product from AutoGlym that I had good experiences with before. Anything I should be aware of before I go ahead and clean the engine?

Michael
03-30-2016, 08:29 AM
I have been detailing cars professionally most of my life(and I have made a damn good business out of it) and I find it laughable how some people try to make it some extreme science. It takes a bit of learning yes and it takes a bit of knowhow but it's not programing a guidance system for a ICBM.

Don't pay too much attention to videos like that, most are just commercials for their products. Detailing a DeLorean is no different from any other car except a different approach to the stainless finish and I'm not about to rehash that here because it has been discussed at length in other threads as well as what to use.