PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Requesting a blow apart diagram of the dip switch

AugustneverEnds
04-06-2016, 12:25 AM
I have been trying to get my low beams working for weeks now and the dip switch is the only thing I don't know if everything is correct. Can't seem to find a diagram or schematic of it anywhere. Anyone able to help?

Rich
04-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Are you saying you don't know if the dip switch is working or not?

In that case you can use the Headlamp Circuit diagram in this set of schematics to troubleshoot it at its connector. Also use it to ID any components you may have overlooked.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?40-All-Wiring-Schematics

David T
04-07-2016, 09:57 AM
There is no official literature on it. It is supposed to be a non-servicable part. Before suspecting a bad switch make sure both low beam filaments are not blown out. Very common for a driver to drive around on 1 blown headlight and not notice anything wrong till the other one blows out too! Just because the high beam filament works does not mean the headlight is good. The low beam headlights are two bulbs built into one and each is independent of the other.

AugustneverEnds
04-08-2016, 08:59 AM
What I really am looking for is anything that illustrates what color wire goes where. I am not sure if I knocked something out of place recently. The low beams both work but I can't get them to switch on with the lights master switch. I have swapped relays, replaced the ground wire on the bank of relays with Bitsyncmaster's ground buss and still have no low beams. If I remove the relay and jump the brown wire to the blue/red wire that feeds fuse #14 both low beams work. 41400

So my last remaining suspect is the dip switch.

David T
04-08-2016, 10:10 AM
Use the wiring diagram or some vendors sell an enlarged version in color to make things easier. It would sound like the dip switch or the wiring from it to the relays.

Rich
04-08-2016, 06:09 PM
What I really am looking for is anything that illustrates what color wire goes where. The low beams both work but I can't get them to switch on with the lights master switch. I have swapped relays, replaced the ground wire on the bank of relays with Bitsyncmaster's ground buss and still have no low beams. If I remove the relay and jump the brown wire to the blue/red wire that feeds fuse #14 both low beams work.

So my last remaining suspect is the dip switch.

Agreeing with David's advice and forecast. Along with the big schematic David mentions the Headlamp Circuit schematic mentioned in Post #2 shows all of the wire colors to answer your first question about illustrating what color goes where. It shows that the low beam relay is activated by the blue/purple wire that the dip switch controls.

You can check dip switch action with a continuity probe or isolate the problem anywhere along the circuit with a 12V test lamp probe.

Farrar
04-08-2016, 08:57 PM
By "dip switch," do you mean the thing represented by the triangle in this schematic? If so, I hope this helps.

AugustneverEnds
04-10-2016, 11:52 AM
Yes it does!!! Thank you so much