PDA

View Full Version : Abby Ehler Hagen vs. 1121

Alan
04-06-2016, 08:51 AM
Tamir,

I hope you're ok with this. I do want to capture, in a few places, Abby's antics, my responses, and hers. If not, I'll understand if this gets deleted.

I'd prefer no angry responses to this thread. This is just one more place I'm posting this so, hopefully, internet searches will index this story. If people want to chime in with support, that's great. If the thread just gets locked, but remains, that's great, too. The community has come already out to show support and I appreciate that very much.

So, as it turns out, there really isn't anything I can do. I'm not sure if there was any damage caused by Abby Ehler Hagen. Unfortunately, I had minor damage already where Abigail Ehler jumped on my car. For that reason, I'm unwilling to make it a destruction of property kind of an issue. I won't hold abbyballorado responsible for things I can't prove were her fault. It's very unfortunate that neither she, nor her husband, Kristofer Hagen, had the decency to inquire about damage or even to apologize. No, instead, she was simply insulting to me when I indicated that she had done anything wrong.

I hold out very little hope that the Hagen family will do a good job raising their children. I anticipate that their children will also become entitled individuals who feel they owe the world nothing.

Abigail Hagen, I understand that you were excited to see a DeLorean. I was, too, when I saw one before I owned one. You made a stupid mistake. I could have forgiven that. Unfortunately, you chose to ignore me rather than inquiring about damage. I can even understand that. Being human, you may have been embarrassed once you understood the inappropriateness of what you'd done. However, your true nature came out when you attacked and insulted me for calling you out for your juvenile behavior. You are a disrespectful person.

I hope anyone who finds this in the future will give a second thought to what kind of a person you are... as I, and the DeLorean community, know what kind of a person that really is.

Mark D
04-06-2016, 09:30 AM
Wow, I hadn't seen her response posted anywhere previously with the "douche patrol" comment. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything better from someone who'd sit on someone else's car in the first place. For a person to be so obviously in the wrong she should have been nothing but apologetic.

I really feel for you since I've been in a similar situation.... Shortly after I bought my car I rented it out for an event in Chicago. Everyone was very respectful except for one guy who sat right on the front of my car to pose for a photo. I was there supervising and immediately asked him to get off and that he could be causing damage. He was planted half on the fascia and half on the hood. He just sat there posing while his friend fumbled with a camera so I asked him again and he refused to move. I finally had to get in his face and raise my voice to even get his attention. He stood up but was not moving away from the car. I was a half second away from decking him in the face before a few friends of mine stepped in to back me up. The guy finally left and was all pissed because he never got his photo.

EngineerGuY
04-06-2016, 11:03 AM
What's the back story here? Was your car just in a parking garage or on display? Regardless she shouldn't have been sitting on your hood!! Yikes

DMCVegas
04-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Alan, I've got to commend you for taking the high road on this one. Even while in direct contact with Abby Ehler, you, unlike her, did not resort to name calling. Nor while bringing this to the community's attention did you ever encourage any sort of retribution of physical violence nor harassment. In fact, you repeatedly discouraged it.

In fact, I have to say that I'm really proud of the community as a whole. Others too within the community have also been outspoken in this same manner even when talk about any sort of direct contact was spoken of, and actively discouraged it as well. Going on 20 years worth of involvement within the DeLorean community, I've got to say that this makes me both proud, and happy to be associated with such stellar people. I've been outspoken in the past about the negative interactions we've had with other members of the public, and I've actually met with negativity. But within the past few years, that has changed to a great degree. We're outspoken and we stick up for ourselves and one another, but we also carry ourselves with a great amount of respect to not encourage any sort of violent retaliation. Instead we are choosing to hold the negative actions of people that were committed in public view, up to public scrutiny, as to be judged among the perpetrator's peers.

Most of all is the support that we offer to one another. We lend a hand when another needs wrenching done, or even to inspect a potential purchase which another is looking at. And in times when we have overwhelming problems, we support one another in a positive manner. Be it offering advice and confidence boosting for someone who is replacing a water pump and entering into the VOD for their stainless right of passage, of sensible sympathies and support for when our prized possessions are damaged and disrespected. We help one another.

It is a safe assumption to say that while we are all owners and enthusiasts for the DeLorean DMC-12, we also share our same passions across other marques as well. As such I feel that we should carry with us what we have learned here in terms of not only conduct, but support for our fellow members, and apply those lessons to other marques which we are also involved with. I feel that what we have learned here could greatly benefit others, as well as potentially even chance societal attitudes in order to better respect private property. Or at least to consider the consequences before someone commits to executing their nefarious actions.

Let us all learn from this, and become better people for it.

Domi
04-06-2016, 02:42 PM
I saw this picture on Facebook and I feel sorry about your car.
Unfortunately, nowadays people are less and less disrespect for someone else property :(

Michael
04-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Like I always said about the "look at me" social media crowd...they care nothing about you, your property and that includes your car, they only care about their social status and popularity and will think nothing of damaging your car to get that all important "like".

refugeefromcalif
04-06-2016, 05:09 PM
I saw this on Instagram yesterday posted by timeless_delorean.
Is that someone here?

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=41353&d=1459976866

George

davidc89
04-06-2016, 05:35 PM
Yes, that is Alan's car.

Riley88
04-06-2016, 06:12 PM
I would have thrown that person over a railing. So disrespectful. Im not a kiss ass. You don't mess with other peoples property, sorry.

NJP548
04-06-2016, 06:33 PM
What's the back story here? Was your car just in a parking garage or on display? Regardless she shouldn't have been sitting on your hood!! Yikes

Alan had his car parked and someone noticed it in a parking garage and decided to take a picture on the hood. It definitely was not on display.

Thanks.

-Nick Pitello

Alan
04-06-2016, 06:51 PM
I would have thrown that person over a railing. So disrespectful. Im not a kiss ass. You don't mess with other peoples property, sorry.

Yep. That's my car. It was parked while my wife and I were our and about for the afternoon. It wasn't on display. It was off, by itself, in a "safe" parking spot.

I'm not a kiss ass. I'm not happy. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any legal recourse. I DO have social recourse. I'm doing what I feel I can within the bounds of what I'm allowed. I have no idea if any of this will happen... however...

My hope if that this gets indexed and some day someone searching finds it and thinks a little about her character. Maybe it's a potential employer. Maybe it's her parents (I'd think that might get the big "disappointed"). Maybe it's a friend who she borrowed something from which she returned in not so good shape. Maybe it's Kris, her husband, finally beginning to wonder if he married a flake. Maybe it's a potential employer of his who wouldn't like that the Hagen's didn't feel this was a problem. Who knows.

As someone said in one of the threads where this has recently come up, I don't want to race her to the bottom. It's just a car... my car... a relatively rare car... our car (if you know what I mean), but it's not worth violence. Not really.

On the other hand, if I believed there was damage, I'd be all over her legally... and I'd love doing it.

Oh, and thank you all for your support here in this thread, in other dmctalk threads, and on Facebook. I really do appreciate that.

Michael
04-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Yep. That's my car. It was parked while my wife and I were our and about for the afternoon. It wasn't on display. It was off, by itself, in a "safe" parking spot.

I'm not a kiss ass. I'm not happy. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have any legal recourse. I DO have social recourse. I'm doing what I feel I can within the bounds of what I'm allowed. I have no idea if any of this will happen... however...

My hope if that this gets indexed and some day someone searching finds it and thinks a little about her character. Maybe it's a potential employer. Maybe it's her parents (I'd think that might get the big "disappointed"). Maybe it's a friend who she borrowed something from which she returned in not so good shape. Maybe it's Kris, her husband, finally beginning to wonder if he married a flake. Maybe it's a potential employer of his who wouldn't like that the Hagen's didn't feel this was a problem. Who knows.

As someone said in one of the threads where this has recently come up, I don't want to race her to the bottom. It's just a car... my car... a relatively rare car... our car (if you know what I mean), but it's not worth violence. Not really.

On the other hand, if I believed there was damage, I'd be all over her legally... and I'd love doing it.

Oh, and thank you all for your support here in this thread, in other dmctalk threads, and on Facebook. I really do appreciate that.

I Googled her name and the top (and really only) two hits I got was her Facebook page(which it looks like it's disabled) and this thread.

DMC-81
04-07-2016, 06:54 AM
Alan, so sorry that this happened to you.

Abby Ehler Hagen you should be ashamed of yourself for this disrespectful act, and especially your response. You owe Alan a sincere apology.

What is wrong with people these days? At least they are dumb enough to post their incriminating "selfie" to the internet. Meanwhile their "friends" look at it on their phone while driving. :shock:

I wasn't so lucky in my unfortunate encounter with a social media bimbo. Last summer the rear end of my daily driver interrupted her text/post causing $8k in damage to my car. At least she apologized, but I had to spend 2 months dealing with her insurance company and the body shop to get close to where I was beforehand. :swear1:

I'm definitely not letting my Delorean out of my sight if this represents the public psyche.

Dangermouse
04-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Somewhat related to the narcissist tendencies of people today

Thieves take selfies of themselves at crime site (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35780067)

Moneypenny
04-07-2016, 03:25 PM

Welp, this just tells me not to drive my DMC-12 to West End. Parking's a nightmare there, anyway.

Also, with your permission (and when I get a chance), I'd like to share the screen-caps from your OP to some of the local MN car enthusiast FB pages. I won't if you'd prefer I don't; I'll leave that up to you. But I know, for example, that the MN Exotics & Supercars group often likes to conclude their cruises at West End, and if they knew that their rides might get treated like this, they'd be outraged.

MTDMC
04-07-2016, 07:40 PM
That was just wrong. She needs a spanking. If that happened to my car, I would tell them to get the hell away from my car. I was at a car show one time and there is a guy leaning on my car and I asked him to get off my car and he says it's okay nothing metal is touching it.

Dumb ass people.

Peripatetic
04-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Well, first, this whole thread makes me anxious to ever take out my car ever. I'll have to stay indoors for eternity like Boo Radley.

Out of curiosity, given your early vin, you have the original No-Longer-Obtainable gas flap hood, right? You can't just swap that one out with a NOS part because they don't exist anymore. (I know we all know that, the main purpose of my comment is for the benefit of potential googlers) Not that a newer hood would have been more acceptable but the fix isn't as easy as swapping.

Are there any of those hyper sensitive car alarms that sense when someone messes with our cars that are compatible?

Ras12
04-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Alan

Just curious why you think you have no legal recourse? I'm not familiar with the laws in your area but there are basic laws which protect your property. Your case would be similar to that of a hit and run caught on camera. There are many legal theories out there that are in your favor. Just wondering why you felt you didn't have the ability to pursue them.

RAS

Ras12
04-07-2016, 10:29 PM
BTW...did you contact your insurance company? I did some quick research and in MN she needs auto insurance to maintain a driver's license. That insurance has a min. $10,000 coverage for damage to other people's vehicles and personal property. Most likely the claim would be covered under either yours or her comprehensive portion of the insurance. The fact that you have photos and actually know the persons name gives your insurance company a great opportunity to subrogate for whatever they pay you for the damages against her insurance. With those photos her insurance will be hard pressed to not settle with your insurance company. They have also have teams of on staff attorneys they use to settle and/or collect on claims. Most have their own subrogation departments that solely focus on getting their money back when their clients are not at fault. That's what you pay insurance for.

Just a thought.

Alan
04-07-2016, 11:50 PM
BTW...did you contact your insurance company? I did some quick research and in MN she needs auto insurance to maintain a driver's license. That insurance has a min. $10,000 coverage for damage to other people's vehicles and personal property. Most likely the claim would be covered under either yours or her comprehensive portion of the insurance. The fact that you have photos and actually know the persons name gives your insurance company a great opportunity to subrogate for whatever they pay you for the damages against her insurance. With those photos her insurance will be hard pressed to not settle with your insurance company. They have also have teams of on staff attorneys they use to settle and/or collect on claims. Most have their own subrogation departments that solely focus on getting their money back when their clients are not at fault. That's what you pay insurance for.

Just a thought.

No damage.

It's a minor misdemeanor if a cop sees her tamper with the car. It IS illegal, but photographic proof isn't sufficient for tampering that doesn't cause damage... according to a lawyer and a local cop.