PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Artist and 80's Icon Prince Dead at 57

Morpheus
04-21-2016, 01:50 PM
This makes for a very sad day to any kid of the 80's.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/prince-dead-legendary-artist-found-886457

davidc89
04-21-2016, 04:29 PM
All rain will be purple today.

Rich W
04-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Attaching a few photos of a project I had back in the mid-80's, partially inspired by Prince's song Little Red Corvette.

I bought an old race car rolling chassis (from the days of the old Oswego Speedway) and made it back into a street car.

These photos are right after I got it road-worthy and I later added new bigger and wider custom built wheels (and tires).

Yes, it was "barely legal" and it sure was a blast to drive.

AugustneverEnds
04-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Shocked to hear the news. Took the D out with Prince playing. I hope he is in a peaceful place and his music lives on.

Morpheus
04-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Awesome pics, Rich!

Michael
04-22-2016, 11:20 PM
It's official...I'm now sick of hearing Prince music. Don't get me wrong I had no animosity toward the guy, but just today someone in the news
described it as a tragedy? A tragedy is a 8 yr old boy getting sucked into a woodchipper trying to help his dad who turned his back for a second. A 57 year old millionaire who (let's be honest probably overdosed or had a condition as a result of drugs) may be sad and sobering for those who just idolized him but just not a "tragedy".

Now we will sit back and reflect feeling all puffed up with ourselves because we "care" and make sure Facebook hears our tried and true "my thoughts and prayers are blah blah blah" knowing full well they don't pray to begin with. We will try to muster being sad but in reality we will forget about it as soon as something that directly affects us pops up, like the radiator on our work car giving out or some unforseen bill arrives in the mail.

I hate to be this way but I really get sick of all the crocodile tears people let loose as soon as they see the opportunity. If you want to be sad, be sad. If this news affects you then be well but the second you take to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how sad you are then you just were not that shaken to the core as you want everyone to believe are you?

Mario
04-23-2016, 01:08 AM
(let's be honest probably overdosed or had a condition as a result of drugs)

Ah, just like that John DeLorean guy, right? I heard he died because he did too much cocaine. He smuggled drugs in the doors of his cars, you know!

Just poking fun at you. It just seems especially hypocritical for a DeLorean enthusiast to assume somebody died of a drug overdose when there is no hard evidence to back it up. :)

Michael
04-23-2016, 01:27 AM
It just seems especially hypocritical for a DeLorean enthusiast to assume somebody died of a drug overdose when there is no hard evidence to back it up. :)

https://www.google.com/#q=prince+drug+abuse&tbm=nws

Mario
04-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Some think that the drug overdose 6 days before was the cause of his death, but that's only speculation. At the moment, the cause of death is not yet known.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/princes-autopsy-determine-death-complete/story?id=38596341

Michael
04-23-2016, 01:45 AM
Some think that the drug overdose 6 days before was the cause of his death, but that's only speculation. At the moment, the cause of death is not yet known.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/princes-autopsy-determine-death-complete/story?id=38596341

And that is why the word "probably" was so important in my original text. :wave:

OverlandMan
04-25-2016, 12:17 PM
It's official...I'm now sick of hearing Prince music. Don't get me wrong I had no animosity toward the guy, but just today someone in the news
described it as a tragedy? A tragedy is a 8 yr old boy getting sucked into a woodchipper trying to help his dad who turned his back for a second. A 57 year old millionaire who (let's be honest probably overdosed or had a condition as a result of drugs) may be sad and sobering for those who just idolized him but just not a "tragedy".

Now we will sit back and reflect feeling all puffed up with ourselves because we "care" and make sure Facebook hears our tried and true "my thoughts and prayers are blah blah blah" knowing full well they don't pray to begin with. We will try to muster being sad but in reality we will forget about it as soon as something that directly affects us pops up, like the radiator on our work car giving out or some unforseen bill arrives in the mail.

I hate to be this way but I really get sick of all the crocodile tears people let loose as soon as they see the opportunity. If you want to be sad, be sad. If this news affects you then be well but the second you take to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how sad you are then you just were not that shaken to the core as you want everyone to believe are you?

I'm on the same page w/ Michael. I admit I am not a big Prince fan and if I were, his passing might *slightly* affect me more but not to the degree I've seen some taking it. I don't do social media like facebook but I'm already beaten by it pretty bad.

Morpheus
04-25-2016, 04:54 PM

So do you not think that people can be truly saddened by the sudden and unexpected death of someone like him? What about Michael Jackson? What about Bowie?

So you weren't a big fan of Prince. That's ok. That doesn't give you the right to come in here and be a dick about it.

Michael
04-25-2016, 06:58 PM
So do you not think that people can be truly saddened by the sudden and unexpected death of someone like him? What about Michael Jackson? What about Bowie?

So you weren't a big fan of Prince. That's ok. That doesn't give you the right to come in here and be a dick about it.
Reading comprehension skills Brandon. I never said people couldn't be sad, I said don't make it an excuse to make it all about you. It's just not a "tragedy"

In fact if you really read my post I said if it makes you sad then be sad.

Moneypenny
04-25-2016, 08:34 PM
I hate to be this way...

Then don't be.

Michael
04-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Then don't be.

I'm sorry my personal feelings anger some of you so much. Maybe you are just a little too high strung to believe everyone should be crying crocodile tears online over Prince. Maybe we should ask the doves? Did the doves post on Facebook yet?

AGAIN READING COMPREHENSION. My post was about people who are not sad but want everyone to think they are "suffering" over their loss. "It's all about me"

Moneypenny
04-26-2016, 01:05 AM
I hate to be this way...

Again, then don't be. If you hate to be this way, change the way you are. Then you won't hate it.

the second you take to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how sad you are then you just were not that shaken to the core as you want everyone to believe are you?

...which is exactly what you are doing. Taking to the Internet to make sure everyone knows just how much you want them to know that this didn't have any effect on you, and that you wish to presume that people who are posting their personal feelings are shedding "crocodile tears". Because you can read everyone's mind, I suppose.

I'm sorry my personal feelings anger some of you so much.

No anger. Just pity.

My post was about people who are not sad but want everyone to think they are "suffering" over their loss. "It's all about me"

Getting back to the "reading everyone's mind" part of my comment above, I am deeply curious to know how you know that people aren't really sad but want others to think they are sad. Have they told you? Have they told someone else who then told you? I'm not even arguing that this might be a real phenomenon; I just need to know how you know for sure.

AGAIN READING COMPREHENSION. "It's all about me"

Yes. This certainly is all about you.

Michael
04-26-2016, 04:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FLGEr1zJYo

content22207_2
04-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Aren't human beings social creatures? ie: when they're feeling emotions -- happiness, sadness, fear, anger, etc -- they naturally seek to share those emotions with other human beings.

Bill Robertson

Michael
04-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Aren't human beings social creatures? ie: when they're feeling emotions -- happiness, sadness, fear, anger, etc -- they naturally seek to share those emotions with other human beings.

Bill Robertson
My thoughts and prayers are with Bill