PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Switched power in electrical compartment?

Ryan S.
04-23-2016, 01:12 PM
I'm adding a bazooka speaker in the back. I need a switched power for that speaker and it would super simple if I can get one from electrical compartment. Otherwise, I have to go under dash to get it. Anyone know if that is possible? Thanks

Bitsyncmaster
04-23-2016, 01:52 PM
I'm adding a bazooka speaker in the back. I need a switched power for that speaker and it would super simple if I can get one from electrical compartment. Otherwise, I have to go under dash to get it. Anyone know if that is possible? Thanks

How much current draw on the new circuit? If not much just use power from one of the AUX relays.

Ryan S.
04-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks Dave.
It's switched, right? Sorry for my ignorance but where exactly is aux relay?

Bitsyncmaster
04-23-2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks Dave.
It's switched, right? Sorry for my ignorance but where exactly is aux relay?

Aux relays are the two large relays mounted under the metal plate in relay compartment. You would tap into one of the large white/blue wires to get power for the first key on position. You probably should fuse that connection. Some bass amps will need to much current to use any existing circuits. I would not exceed 10 amps of added load on the AUX relay.

Ryan S.
04-23-2016, 03:42 PM
Aux relays are the two large relays mounted under the metal plate in relay compartment. You would tap into one of the large white/blue wires to get power for the first key on position. You probably should fuse that connection. Some bass amps will need to much current to use any existing circuits. I would not exceed 10 amps of added load on the AUX relay.

Thanks Dave!!! Found it. But oh boy, that wire is pretty thick. None of my 18-14 AWG splicer would fit. I might need to go and get something larger. Should I got something like 12-10 ?

Bitsyncmaster
04-23-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks Dave!!! Found it. But oh boy, that wire is pretty thick. None of my 18-14 AWG splicer would fit. I might need to go and get something larger. Should I got something like 12-10 ?

Yes I think that is a 10 AWG wire on the relay. If you follow that wire it should spice to 5 smaller white/blue wires. So it all depends what the current draw of you new circuit as to where you should splice.