PDA

View Full Version : Making a return to the forum

tmoore1987
05-10-2016, 09:23 AM
After a near 4 year hiatus, I am making my return to the DMCtalk forum. I used to be under the name timothymoore but I forgot my login information. I used to own world famous barney AKA Vin 10186 that matt piccirillo owns now.

I temporarily got burnt out on DeLoreans for a little but I'm back and I'm looking to learn more about the car and eventually get another one here in the next couple years.

it feels good to be back.

Dangermouse
05-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Welcome back Tim.

tmoore1987
05-10-2016, 10:15 AM
thanks. I'm really excited to get back into seeing what people are doing with theirs and learning more about the cars. hoping in the next 2 years I can be an owner again but I'm not rushing in to it this time unless the right car falls into my lap.

DavidProehl
05-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Great to have you back! Yes, if a hobby is no longer fun, it is time to take a break.

You'll find the right car for you. There are plenty of great one out there that come up for sale regularly, it just usually comes down to price.

louielouie2000
05-10-2016, 01:06 PM
After a near 4 year hiatus, I am making my return to the DMCtalk forum. I used to be under the name timothymoore but I forgot my login information. I used to own world famous barney AKA Vin 10186 that matt piccirillo owns now.

I temporarily got burnt out on DeLoreans for a little but I'm back and I'm looking to learn more about the car and eventually get another one here in the next couple years.

it feels good to be back.

I'm going through the exact same thing myself. These cars definitely have a way of creeping back into my life. I've tried for years to keep them in my past, but it seems they always make their way back in! I'll see a toy DeLorean in a junk shop, hear from an old DeLorean buddy out of the blue, or pass a DeLorean on the road, and suddenly I'm looking at classified postings again.

thanks. I'm really excited to get back into seeing what people are doing with theirs and learning more about the cars. hoping in the next 2 years I can be an owner again but I'm not rushing in to it this time unless the right car falls into my lap.

This is pretty much exactly the way I'm approaching it. I badly needed a break from the cars when I sold mine a decade ago, but am in no rush to put one in my garage. From the ages of 11 through 24 I pretty much saved and spent every dollar I made on purchasing a DeLorean and keeping it maintained. It just burned me out and I wanted to catch up on some of the life experiences I forwent. Could I complete a sale today? Probably, but I know all too well it's not something I ever want to rush or force to make fit again, either. When I'm ready I'll encounter the right one, and hopefully I will have learned the correct lessons from the first 2 DeLoreans I owned haha. :bash:

Jonathan
05-10-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm going through the exact same thing myself. These cars definitely have a way of creeping back into my life. I've tried for years to keep them in my past, but it seems they always make their way back in! I'll see a toy DeLorean in a junk shop, hear from an old DeLorean buddy out of the blue, or pass a DeLorean on the road, and suddenly I'm looking at classified postings again.

This is pretty much exactly the way I'm approaching it. I badly needed a break from the cars when I sold mine a decade ago, but am in no rush to put one in my garage. From the ages of 11 through 24 I pretty much saved and spent every dollar I made on purchasing a DeLorean and keeping it maintained. It just burned me out and I wanted to catch up on some of the life experiences I forwent. Could I complete a sale today? Probably, but I know all too well it's not something I ever want to rush or force to make fit again, either. When I'm ready I'll encounter the right one, and hopefully I will have learned the correct lessons from the first 2 DeLoreans I owned haha. :bash:

Welcome back Tim! (Tim?)

I feel the same with exactly what you said Louie. I just still need to get rid of my first one and then take that break!!!