PDA

View Full Version : NEW fellow DeLorean owner

DeloreanTeenager01
05-21-2016, 04:43 PM
My names Preston, I just recently acquired my very first car the DeLorean and just wanted to know of any clubs to join in Southern California. My Vin number is 03583. I hope you all can welcome me to the forum as another fellow enthusiast and next generation DeLorean owner. *Car was purchased in Florida.*

Andrew
05-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Congrats and welcome to the DeLorean ownership community! I Had just turned 18 when I purchased my first DeLorean back in 1998. So I remember what it was like being the new guy. The time sure goes by fast! As of this year I've been a DeLorean owner half my life

What condition is your car in?

Andrew

DMC-81
05-21-2016, 07:49 PM
Welcome Preston to the forum, and congratulations on your new DeLorean!

Riley88
05-21-2016, 10:11 PM
Welcome to the forum and enjoy ownership, its amazing!

DeloreanTeenager01
05-22-2016, 11:46 AM
Congrats and welcome to the DeLorean ownership community! I Had just turned 18 when I purchased my first DeLorean back in 1998. So I remember what it was like being the new guy. The time sure goes by fast! As of this year I've been a DeLorean owner half my life

What condition is your car in?

Andrew

Its in running condition some outside bumps and scratches that you can barely see and little things like the rubber stripping and roof fabric coming unloose. All of which aren't huge fixes and I know I'll probably need to take it down to DMC california to get a clear check but first I need to get it to pass the smog test to get registered. I also will have to get use to no power steering haha

Michael
05-22-2016, 12:29 PM
You will have to post some pics. I drooled over DeLoreans since I was in 6th grade. I watched as prices inched up and up, always out of reach so you are lucky to get your dream car at an early age. As long as she is in good mechanical condition, the cosmetic side can be quite fun to do as you go.

Congrats and welcome!

Domi
05-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the the forum and congratulation on your purchase :)
Any pic of your car?

Morpheus
05-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Congrats, and welcome to the forum, Preston!

Riley88
05-23-2016, 01:24 PM
I am pretty sure i read a thread before where you were looking for a car. Congrats on the purchased. If i hadn't moved to Portland from San Diego I would hav totally driven to check out your DeLorean. Congrats and welcome to the fun fun community!

burch
05-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Congratulations and welcome! Look forward to pics!

DeloreanTeenager01
05-23-2016, 10:55 PM

Here's the Pictures of my Car. I also included a picture of the cleaning supplies for the car I got because I wanted to know how to clean off all of the finger prints on the door and the other junk on it since I have no clue what to use since the spray can says to use Neo something gloves which I don't know.....If you can help me please let me know I need to learn the ways of the founding fathers of the DeLorean forums.

Thanks -Preston:smile:

davidc89
05-24-2016, 10:24 AM
The gloves you talk about are like the gloves you would see a surgeon use or what you could use to clean your house with when using chemicals. A lot of people use Windex, sprayed on a microfiber cloth, to get the prints off. Just stay away from your trim pieces as it may stain them over time. I always take the precaution of wiping with the grain of the stainless.

Also, welcome!

DeloreanTeenager01
05-24-2016, 01:16 PM
The gloves you talk about are like the gloves you would see a surgeon use or what you could use to clean your house with when using chemicals. A lot of people use Windex, sprayed on a microfiber cloth, to get the prints off. Just stay away from your trim pieces as it may stain them over time. I always take the precaution of wiping with the grain of the stainless.

Also, welcome!

Thanks I'll be sure to do that and "Always with the Grains".....