PDA

View Full Version : General Where to have your DeLorean signed?

Pags44
06-01-2016, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, I have a rare opportunity to get Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Lea Thompson's signatures this upcoming weekend at a comic con. Where should I have the signatures? Where is the most common place?

I was thinking underneath the glove box lid, on top of the glove box lid, or on the passenger knee pad. My concerns are having the signatures in the sunlight, on anything that will get rubbed, or on anything where I will need to treat with cleaner (DeLorean leather/vinyl cleaner, etc.). Would like to put it on a place that will last forever as I don't want to lose the signatures due to having to reupholster something.

Not that I plan on selling the car, but eventually it will change hands so I'm thinking about collector/dollar value too.

I'm looking into having anti-UV film placed on all windows of the car in the future. Maybe that will help with anti-fading.

Anyone know what type of marker to use? And do you clear coat to protect it?

BladeBronson
06-02-2016, 02:56 AM
John DeLorean signed the underside of my glovebox with a silver sharpie 11 years ago. Its vibrancy hasn't changed. I think that's the best pace to do it. It's just 4 screws and that tensioner arm to remove it.

Nicholas R
06-02-2016, 08:41 AM
Hey guys, I have a rare opportunity to get Michael J Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Lea Thompson's signatures this upcoming weekend at a comic con.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just want to give you a heads up so that you're not disappointed. I think it's uncommon for Michael J. Fox to sign autographs in person anymore. You can likely get Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson's pretty easily on your delorean piece, but Michael J. Fox is doubtful.

According to the Wizard World website, Lea Thompson is $40 and Christopher Lloyd is $70. Michael J. Fox however requires the VIP experience, which is $400, and it says you get a pre-signed photograph with an authenticated signature. http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/philadelphia/michaeljfoxsilvervip.html

Like I said, not trying to be a downer, just want to be sure you know. Best of luck! :thumbup:

David T
06-02-2016, 10:01 AM
I have my car signed by JZD on the bottom of the passenger door. MJF will sign his books, I doubt you will be able to get him to sign your car but it can't hurt to ask.

Kane
06-02-2016, 10:45 AM
I got Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd to sign my passenger sun visor. I did a mail-in service for the con they were at in San Jose back in March. It came back and was very nice looking. So I would say MJF still signs things other than 8x10s.

http://i.imgur.com/7lfJGcw.jpg

papanoel
06-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just want to give you a heads up so that you're not disappointed. I think it's uncommon for Michael J. Fox to sign autographs in person anymore. You can likely get Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson's pretty easily on your delorean piece, but Michael J. Fox is doubtful.

According to the Wizard World website, Lea Thompson is $40 and Christopher Lloyd is $70. Michael J. Fox however requires the VIP experience, which is $400, and it says you get a pre-signed photograph with an authenticated signature. http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/philadelphia/michaeljfoxsilvervip.html

Like I said, not trying to be a downer, just want to be sure you know. Best of luck! :thumbup:

Nick my understanding is that non vip autographs already sold out. I've seen others mention that they are getting his autograph and they did not pay for a VIP ticket. The only restriction is that he isn't able to sign any Nike Products.

delgato
06-02-2016, 12:48 PM
The only restriction is that he isn't able to sign any Nike Products.

That is odd. What is that all about?

Not that I really care one way or another.

I do not have any Nike products, nor do I care about celebrities autographs.

But what is the deal with a private citizen (or celebrity) signing a product I paid for and own?

The corporate world bewilders me.

Nicholas R
06-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Nick my understanding is that non vip autographs already sold out. I've seen others mention that they are getting his autograph and they did not pay for a VIP ticket. The only restriction is that he isn't able to sign any Nike Products.

I'm just relaying what is on the website. I considered having something shipped to Wizard World to be signed but realized that it was unlikely to happen. I have heard that lately it is rare for Michael J. Fox to sign in person, given the effort that it takes for him to sign.

It also seems a little unlikely to me that he would sign down the line for people that bought a single autograph ticket, but that someone that bought the full VIP package for 8-10x the cost, would only get something that was pre-signed. Perhaps I'm wrong, but like I said, it seems odd.

Here is the link to his specific page at the con: http://wizardworld.com/michaeljfox.html?all=true

Honestly I'm not sure how to interpret the timing. Most of the actors just say "[time]-Autographs" His has all listings like: group A photographs, group B autographs, group AA, etc. Not sure what it all means, whether it's that you have to be in a pre-determined VIP group or if there are open autographs.

EDIT: Actually it looks like I was wrong, you can actually get an autograph on site with the VIP packages. According to the different experiences you get the following:

Diamond VIP Package: 2 on site signatures, either on photos, on one premium item, or one regular item
Gold VIP Package: 1 on site signature on either a photo or premium item
Silver VIP Package: 1 Pre-signed Photo with Certificate of Authenticity

No idea how much the diamond and gold packages were because they're already sold out, but I'm guessing they're not cheap, because the Silver package is $400.

Pags44
06-02-2016, 04:41 PM
I paid for the diamond VIP package and called wizard world. They've confirmed that I can have all 3 sign something I bring in (as long as it's by Nike). I mentioned it would be a part of my DeLorean and they said it was ok. Then they gave me advice not to bring something big because I'd have to stand in line and carry it.

So, under the glove lid I was thinking is best. The tradeoff is that you can't show it off all the time. The good thing is that I won't have to worry about it getting faded, nudged, or removed if I ever have to replace part of the interior.

I still appreciate your opinions on where to sign and how to protect it. Keep them coming.

I also appreciate you telling me that I'm being unnecessarily OCD about the knee pad, etc.

mluder
06-03-2016, 05:35 AM
A friend took my visor down to San Jose and MJF signed it... He even personalized it which I understand was really rare.
My only regret was not being there in person.

To answer the original question - My visors now have signatures from MJF, Chris Lloyd, Lea Thomson, Bob Gale, and Claudia Wells.

Cheers
Steven

Citizen
06-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I got Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd to sign my passenger sun visor. I did a mail-in service for the con they were at in San Jose back in March. It came back and was very nice looking. So I would say MJF still signs things other than 8x10s.

http://i.imgur.com/7lfJGcw.jpg

Cool pic Kane. May I put it on the DeLorean Registry web site here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=3060)?

Thomas

gullwingD
06-06-2016, 01:37 AM
I was at Wizard World Philly, and it didn't seem like MJF had any trouble signing things considering his PD. I stood only a few feet away from him and watched him do it. It seems like it was limited to either the Gold ($500), or Diamond ($600) tickets. There may have been a set limit on those Gold and Diamond tickets since he was only there for 1 day. The Silver ticket included the pre-signed photo and photo op ($400), (plus 6% philly tax on all). If you wanted to say a few words to MJF, it was better to have the ticket that allowed you to have him sign something in person, because it takes a few seconds longer than a photo op. The photo ops were kind of a joke... hundreds of people and 2 seconds, then some lady yelling at you to get out.

Cool pic Kane. May I put it on the DeLorean Registry web site here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=3060)?

Thomas

Pags44
06-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Well, I made it back from the Wizard World Philly Comic Con and got all 3 signatures on the underside of my glove box lid: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Lea Thompson! All 3 were super nice people. MJF signed in the middle and I thanked him. I asked Christopher if he knew what my glove box lid was...he laughed and just said "Haha, yeah." He took his time and signed a nice signature, looked me in the eye, and said "You're welcome" after I thanked him. When Lea found out that what she was signing was a glove box lid from my DeLorean she looked at me and said something like "Wow, that is so cool!" She shook my gf's and my hand and then even signed my diamond VIP pass neck lanyard.

After getting Michael's signature I received a JSA-certified sticker from a rep of the company who validated the signature as a witness.

After I received all 3 signatures from MJF, Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson, I went to the JSA booth and they certified all 3 signatures.

So that's what the 2 stickers are on my glove box lid (if you can see them from the picture).

The panel was awesome too. MJF is a really funny guy, Christopher is super laid back, and Lea was excited and super nice. What a cool experience!

Peripatetic
07-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Just happened today. 😃

Pags44
08-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Nice. Any pics of the sigs? Looks like you got Bob Gale's and maybe Christopher Lloyd's?

Peripatetic
08-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Nice. Any pics of the sigs? Looks like you got Bob Gale's and maybe Christopher Lloyd's?
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160814/182e0213faf2acff0b3e60f04943f909.jpg
Here is Bob's. I don't have one of Christopher Lloyd on my car. I brought my glove box lid but the staff wouldn't let me bring it to him for autographing. It was a request he made to the staff and I respected it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich_NYS
08-14-2016, 03:13 PM
I was available for autographs at DCS in Springfield this year, but nobody asked...:dunno:

Pags44
08-15-2016, 09:38 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160814/182e0213faf2acff0b3e60f04943f909.jpg
Here is Bob's. I don't have one of Christopher Lloyd on my car. I brought my glove box lid but the staff wouldn't let me bring it to him for autographing. It was a request he made to the staff and I respected it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool signature! Congrats!

Michael
08-15-2016, 09:45 PM
I was available for autographs at DCS in Springfield this year, but nobody asked...:dunno:

Can I buy one? It would be cool to have Calvin Klein's autograph on my glove box lid!

Rich_NYS
08-15-2016, 10:12 PM
Can I buy one? It would be cool to have Calvin Klein's autograph on my glove box lid!

Hahaha.....no charge for you, brah!

john 05141
08-16-2016, 05:10 AM
Bob Gale and James Tolkan signed my drivers side kneepad (between the door and the steering wheel) this way is is not too visible, only when the door is open.
The only letdown is that I took this part of and it traveled al the way across the Atlantic to get it signed. I actually forgot to tape off the parts that become covered when installed. Bob Gale's signature is therefore not very visible.
At DCS Orlando I took another part with me that is fairly small and light, so it was the part where next to the already sighned driver side kneepad where the 2 swtches are for the doorlights. It is signed by Kathryn DeLorean.
I'm proud of those signatures, they are rare in Europe.

Oh, I also took with me the hood of my Sunstar models (BTTFversion) and had it also signed by BG and JT. It is on my desk under a glass cover, very nice.

Jan