PDA

View Full Version : General It's arrived! First 100 miles impressions...

Moneypenny
06-23-2016, 06:01 PM
After a long wait while DMC-TX worked their magic, my brother's car (4115) has finally arrived in Minnesota!! (Side note; if you ever need to have a vehicle transported, use JP Logistics. The one person I know who has a Veyron will use only them, same with several other high-value vehicle owners I know. My car got here in 2 days and received white-glove service.) Anyway, back on topic, I LOVE this car. It's just so much fun to drive, and wants to just go and go. My brother had already done the Stage II upgrade, suspension upgrade, etc, so it drives really well. And the aftermarket exhaust snarls and burbles beautifully.

Impressions:
I'm sure I can find threads on this topic once I take time to look, but the engine idle hunts like crazy at certain times. It usually settles down after a bit of driving, but that's something I'm going to need to work on.
People love to drive in my blind spot! I've had it happen a bunch of times already today. I pass someone and then they catch up and sit in my blind spot, presumably doing unsafe things with their phones while there. It's like, "Dude, I can't see you in your giant-ass SUV, but I know you're at my 5, and it's unsettling."
I am really glad the A/C works. Today's not a particularly hot day, but it warms up in that cabin in a hurry.
I'm not going anywhere unnoticed. Weirdest comment I've gotten so far, "Say, isn't that what James Bond drove?"
The gearing is way taller than I expected. I don't even get into 4th and 5th unless I'm on the freeway.

It's exciting to have this car and to be part of this community. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment (at least until my brother claims the car back from me).

Photo of my son in the car at arrival... 43968

DMC-81
06-23-2016, 07:09 PM
Congrats! Nice looking car! :thumbup:

davidc89
06-23-2016, 09:51 PM
James Bond did have a Lotus Espirt that was a submarine type car.

David T
06-23-2016, 10:42 PM
After a long wait while DMC-TX worked their magic, my brother's car (4115) has finally arrived in Minnesota!! (Side note; if you ever need to have a vehicle transported, use JP Logistics. The one person I know who has a Veyron will use only them, same with several other high-value vehicle owners I know. My car got here in 2 days and received white-glove service.) Anyway, back on topic, I LOVE this car. It's just so much fun to drive, and wants to just go and go. My brother had already done the Stage II upgrade, suspension upgrade, etc, so it drives really well. And the aftermarket exhaust snarls and burbles beautifully.

Impressions:
I'm sure I can find threads on this topic once I take time to look, but the engine idle hunts like crazy at certain times. It usually settles down after a bit of driving, but that's something I'm going to need to work on.
People love to drive in my blind spot! I've had it happen a bunch of times already today. I pass someone and then they catch up and sit in my blind spot, presumably doing unsafe things with their phones while there. It's like, "Dude, I can't see you in your giant-ass SUV, but I know you're at my 5, and it's unsettling."
I am really glad the A/C works. Today's not a particularly hot day, but it warms up in that cabin in a hurry.
I'm not going anywhere unnoticed. Weirdest comment I've gotten so far, "Say, isn't that what James Bond drove?"
The gearing is way taller than I expected. I don't even get into 4th and 5th unless I'm on the freeway.

It's exciting to have this car and to be part of this community. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment (at least until my brother claims the car back from me).

Photo of my son in the car at arrival... 43968

The Stage II engine will never idle as smooth as a stock PRV but it will idle OK. I would learn to live with it just the way it is. Get some small round, convex mirrors and put them on your outside rear view mirrors to help with the blind spots.

DavidProehl
06-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Glad the car arrived safe and sound and you are enjoying it! Looking forward to our movies in the park event next month and seeing it in person! Congrats again!

Morpheus
06-24-2016, 09:28 AM
Congrats! Nice car!