PDA

View Full Version : General Water drip from washer bottle cover

Bitsyncmaster
07-02-2016, 07:02 AM
My car has been up on blocks for a few weeks replacing the rear axle. This morning a noticed a small puddle of water under the washer bottle cover. It's water and not washer fluid (I never filled my washer bottle) and not antifreeze.

Only thing I can think of is the water is condensation since my garage door has been open most days and it heats up and cools off every day. There are two small drain holes in the cover and the water still in there needs a rag touching those holes to keep it draining. So maybe that water was just sitting in there for months from a last time of driving in the rain.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Maybe I will enlarge those two drain holes.

DMCMW Dave
07-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Drill the hole bigger. Water in there drowns the pump. Careful, you don't want to put holes on the bottle!

Sent from phone

Bitsyncmaster
07-02-2016, 10:02 AM
Drill the hole bigger. Water in there drowns the pump. Careful, you don't want to put holes on the bottle!

Sent from phone

Will do. A lot of water came out. Guessing a cup at least. Maybe the holes were plugged.

jmpdmc
07-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Bitsync,

I am late to the party but this happened to me too either from rainfall or car washing. I unplugged the holes and drilled them a bit bigger as Dave told you. Problem solved.

Jeff

Bitsyncmaster
07-04-2016, 07:58 PM
It's really weird. My car has not been out in the rain for months. It was even up on blocks over a week. Then one day saw the small puddle. I used a rag to dry the holes (they would not dry) and an hour later maybe a cup of water had puddled. I never wash my my car.

DMCMW Dave
07-04-2016, 11:38 PM
It's really weird. My car has not been out in the rain for months. It was even up on blocks over a week. Then one day saw the small puddle. I used a rag to dry the holes (they would not dry) and an hour later maybe a cup of water had puddled. I never wash my my car.

Water gets in there AFAIK only from actually driving in the rain. There isn't a gasket between the cover and the body, and water spinning off the tires gets in there. I've seen that leak out from car that haven't been wet in years (and usually have a pump that doesn't work).