PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Window Switches

jsloden
07-23-2016, 01:24 PM
When I purchased the car the window switches along with the defroster switch was actually missing. I purchased new ones from DMC. I have them in properly but when I try to screw the console back down they hit the fiberglass below and pop out of their holes. Has anyone had this issue? If so any remedy?

Thanks

DMC-81
07-23-2016, 01:37 PM
When I purchased the car the window switches along with the defroster switch was actually missing. I purchased new ones from DMC. I have them in properly but when I try to screw the console back down they hit the fiberglass below and pop out of their holes. Has anyone had this issue? If so any remedy?

Thanks

Hi there,

That is a common problem. Apparently if you wrap the switches with electrical tape around the area where the switch makes contact with the console it helps. Or you can buy the mac-daddy Mattaligner from PJ Grady. I have one and I highly recommend it.

Ron
07-24-2016, 12:56 PM
You might try disconnecting the plug from switch socket, record the order of the wires, press the lock tab to release each wire (save/discard plug), cover each terminal end with heat shrink, then reconnect them to the switch.
[Worked well with the new DMCH LED switches...and they are worse (slightly taller) than stock.]

Bitsyncmaster
07-24-2016, 02:06 PM
You might try disconnecting the plug from switch socket, record the order of the wires, press the lock tab to release each wire (save/discard plug), cover each terminal end with heat shrink, then reconnect them to the switch.
[Worked well with the new DMCH LED switches...and they are worse (slightly taller) than stock.]

Close to what I did. I soldered wires to the switches and added a new connector. Most people just shim up the metal plate a little.

jsloden
07-24-2016, 06:34 PM

Tried this and it seems to work. I saved the plugs in case I get the product from pj grady one day.

Thanks