PDA

View Full Version : "Hey guys, buy me a DeLorean!"

ccurzio
08-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Anyone else see this joker's page?

https://www.gofundme.com/deloreanbelfast

He's trying to get people to buy him a DMC-12 AND pay for its restoration, under the guise of some kind of "tribute." Despite the fact that Ireland is not without its share of DeLoreans. This is simultaneously the saddest and most transparent DeLorean scheme I've seen yet. This level of entitlement is disgusting.

I added a comment to the page, mentioning that it's not that difficult to see through the smokescreen for what it really is. I also suggested that if he wants to get the car, he should do what most of us have done and buy it himself. Lo and behold, my comment was deleted.

Thankfully, it's plenty obvious to enough people - so much so that he's only raised £200, with £75 of that coming out of his own pocket.

Michael
08-06-2016, 09:20 PM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12903-Delorean-Campaign

ccurzio
08-07-2016, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info, Michael.

That aside, I can't believe the guy had the stones to post here. Unbelievable.

mr_maxime
08-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Lol I think just about everyone chewed him out.

Farrar
08-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Reminds me of those people who like to ride their bikes or ski or whatever, but they can't afford a really nice bike, or to travel to Colorado to ski every winter, so they announce that they're going to ride their bike or ski for charity and start collecting donations. It's a nice way to get yourself a nice Cannondale bicycle and a free trip to Denver, but I don't like how it smells. Those are the people I "unfriend" on Facebook. I donate to charity directly, not through some old classmate's "awareness campaign" that donates whatever is left after they make their own purchases. But that's just me, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rich_NYS
08-07-2016, 07:13 PM
I came here totally intending to buy Chris a DeLorean....clickbait!

Michael
08-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info, Michael.

That aside, I can't believe the guy had the stones to post here. Unbelievable.

No problem. That thread makes me mad just re reading it knowing there are people that share my tastes with such warped values.

ccurzio
08-08-2016, 11:10 AM
I came here totally intending to buy Chris a DeLorean....clickbait!

Don't let the misdirection stop you. I'll gladly accept a second one. :)

I'm just not going to beg the internet for it.