PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Industries 2017 SPEC Innovative Builds

Delorean Industries
12-31-2016, 10:18 AM
Tomorrow starts a new exciting chapter at DeLorean Industries. As many owners have suspected we have quietly worked with over 180 unique suppliers, manufactures and design firms to make the most nostalgic, yet innovative and bespoke DeLorean DMC-12 a reality. This homage to John's dream nearly 40 years ago has been the culmination of over 10 years of tireless development surrounding his iconic idea. Out of our great respect for John we work for all to know we are currently just the custodians of his visions and ideals. It is simply our job to maintain the continuing innovation for our generation. Even though we are in a position more so than others the choice was made not to create new vin cars. Instead we have opted to maintain the “Singer” approach of working from existing vins as our build template.

It is our great honor to announce the first of six cars to be produced in 2017. Delorean Industries Chassis build number 5195-17 ordered by Mike and Dawn Damico. With a slated delivery of early 2017. Currently four of six 2017 spec builds have been purchased with recipient announcements and build portfolios on our new site released at project commencement. We are currently accepting build applications for the remaining 2017 cars and upcoming 2018 build program.

Josh Bengston
Creative Director
DeLorean Industries

OZ DMC
01-02-2017, 12:07 AM
Interesting post, Congratulations.

Mary
01-26-2017, 11:29 PM
How about a picture? I want to see what it looks like. GREAT GREAT NEWS.

Delorean Industries
01-27-2017, 09:25 AM

Few shots from end of last year. I always ok pictures with owners before sharing. More recent ones to come. We are currently onto the second car chassis build with the first one progressing to electrical build out and base interior.

Delorean Industries
01-27-2017, 09:43 AM

Michael
01-27-2017, 11:03 AM
:jawdrop:

iflights
01-27-2017, 11:17 AM
:jawdrop:
+ what he said!

Too beautiful to drive. It would never leave my garage.

Mark D
01-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Beautiful!

mr_maxime
01-27-2017, 01:08 PM
Too beautiful to drive. It would never leave my garage.

If my Delorean was built like I'd say I'd drive it everyday, but I already daily mine. I just wouldn't feel bad about it anymore. I don't know why you'd want all that stainless just to let it sit. Seems like blasphemy not to drive it like it's now built to be driven.

Domi
01-27-2017, 01:18 PM
This is awesome, the owner is very lucky to have such a beautiful frame and all the other parts :thumbup:

Delorean Industries
01-27-2017, 01:55 PM
We now do all final assembly of our chassis in house. Including all machine work for suspension inserts etc for the builds. All components are bent to our specifications and checked in custom angle fixtures ensuring everything will go together perfectly. The base set up fixture process happens in individual sub assembly fixtures followed by complete welding held on our custom fabrication tables. 4864548646

In a move to secure the future of what I want for this program I recently stepped down as President of the company and have turned managing the day to day over to more capable hands. While retaining a majority stake in the company moving forward I now have complete creative control on a direction I see fit. My new position as creative director allows for focus to be on the details that truly matter. The most superior build possible by micro managing every little detail as you see above.

powerline84
01-27-2017, 05:31 PM
bad ass, I am Glad I ordered my Engine from you guys given the quality and detail of work performed here.
-Jimmy

Mary
02-04-2017, 10:39 AM
How about a picture? I want to see what it looks like. GREAT GREAT NEWS.
Are you using original body panels? Wish my shop could of helped out somewhere I guess we just got on board too late. With the work we do we end up out of touch sometimes for months at a time. Still wanting to add a dmc to our treasured maybe a new one is in my future we are presently looking at all offers for my shop so we can work on our cars and my dmc plans. Got any pictures of a completed car yet? Love the new improvements and the quality of work in the pictures is spot on from what I see. Much success with all you do. We are good at small problem repairs or innovative improvements just ask we would love to add any imput anywhere if we can help. Mary

Mary
02-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Tomorrow starts a new exciting chapter at DeLorean Industries. As many owners have suspected we have quietly worked with over 180 unique suppliers, manufactures and design firms to make the most nostalgic, yet innovative and bespoke DeLorean DMC-12 a reality. This homage to John's dream nearly 40 years ago has been the culmination of over 10 years of tireless development surrounding his iconic idea. Out of our great respect for John we work for all to know we are currently just the custodians of his visions and ideals. It is simply our job to maintain the continuing innovation for our generation. Even though we are in a position more so than others the choice was made not to create new vin cars. Instead we have opted to maintain the “Singer” approach of working from existing vins as our build template.

It is our great honor to announce the first of six cars to be produced in 2017. Delorean Industries Chassis build number 5195-17 ordered by Mike and Dawn Damico. With a slated delivery of early 2017. Currently four of six 2017 spec builds have been purchased with recipient announcements and build portfolios on our new site released at project commencement. We are currently accepting build applications for the remaining 2017 cars and upcoming 2018 build

Josh Bengston
Creative Director
DeLorean Industries

Can't wait to see the completed car. Is the price really gonna be over 100,000? Mary

louielouie2000
02-09-2017, 11:34 AM
Are you using original body panels? Wish my shop could of helped out somewhere I guess we just got on board too late. With the work we do we end up out of touch sometimes for months at a time. Still wanting to add a dmc to our treasured maybe a new one is in my future we are presently looking at all offers for my shop so we can work on our cars and my dmc plans. Got any pictures of a completed car yet? Love the new improvements and the quality of work in the pictures is spot on from what I see. Much success with all you do. We are good at small problem repairs or innovative improvements just ask we would love to add any imput anywhere if we can help. Mary

Can't wait to see the completed car. Is the price really gonna be over 100,000? Mary

I think you are confusing DeLorean Performance Industries with DeLorean Motor Company (Texas). They are two different unaffiliated companies.

DeLorean Performance Industries has their Spec build pricing right on their website. DPI's top of the line, all inclusive twin turbos run just under $88,000:

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/applied-innovation/

New information about DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) reproduction cars hasn't surfaced since October. Details like engine choice, pricing, or release dates have yet to emerge:

http://www.newdelorean.com/blog/

Mary
02-09-2017, 11:10 PM
I think you are confusing DeLorean Performance Industries with DeLorean Motor Company (Texas). They are two different unaffiliated comp
DeLorean Performance Industries has their Spec build pricing right on their website. DPI's top of the line, all inclusive twin turbos run just under $88,000:

http://www.deloreanindustries.com/applied-innovation/

New information about DeLorean Motor Company (Texas) reproduction cars hasn't surfaced since October. Details like engine choice, pricing, or release dates have yet to emerge:

http://www.newdelorean.com/blog/
Thanks for pointing that out wasn't aware they are different. Bummer about dmc.Will look at dpi site. Good to know . Mary

SS Spoiler
02-23-2017, 07:11 PM
A year ago I contacted DPI regarding his rebuilt DeLorean long
block with SS headers and cam upgrade. Received engine midsummer
along with a box of 'jewel like' stainless engine brackets that polish up
almost like chrome. Got motor installed soon enough to make a few
late summer car shows. Car has never run better and has gobs of
power. Sent my old engine core back seven months ago expecting
a check for 2500.00. Repeated e-mails asking about core charge
return wasn't being responded to. The last contact I had with Josh
was Dec 6 saying he's checked out the block and will let me know
as soon as he writes it up. It is now Feb 23 and I'm baffled at the lack
of response.

lonely guy in Montana........

Paul Cerny #2691
Kalispell, Mt

Trstno1
02-23-2017, 11:07 PM
A year ago I contacted DPI regarding his rebuilt DeLorean long
block with SS headers and cam upgrade. Received engine midsummer
along with a box of 'jewel like' stainless engine brackets that polish up
almost like chrome. Got motor installed soon enough to make a few
late summer car shows. Car has never run better and has gobs of
power. Sent my old engine core back seven months ago expecting
a check for 2500.00. Repeated e-mails asking about core charge
return wasn't being responded to. The last contact I had with Josh
was Dec 6 saying he's checked out the block and will let me know
as soon as he writes it up. It is now Feb 23 and I'm baffled at the lack
of response.

lonely guy in Montana........

Paul Cerny #2691
Kalispell, Mt

Im curious......how much does the motor you purchased cost? It's really a bummer that he hasn't returned your core charge yet. Is it a situation of waiting to see if it's an acceptable core or something? $2500 is a lot of $$$. I would be a little miffed as well. Have you started a case with the BBB? It seems to me you have certainly given enough time....

SS Spoiler
02-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Still no response from Josh at DPI......

Delorean Industries
02-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Hi Paul,

I was made aware of this post as I don't actively watch the forums. Per our conversation I mailed you early December on this. When I say mail that does mean pony express as we did correspond by written letter extensively. I fully outlined everything found with the core that was extensive and provided developed photographs for you to better explain in detail. I also included the final invoice with deductions made for shipping etc from the credit amount paid up front and extras requested. Despite being nearly completely unusable we did take a hit on this and provided you with a partial core credit on this after above deductions. I haven't received a call from you since we talked maybe in Sept? Regarding how happy I think you said you were! In all honestly emails from you probably hit our spam folder. We were put onto a number of mailing lists with daily messages from your account with open responses from others on the list. I believe I sent an email asking to be removed from it. Please check to see if you have the letter. If not we can resubmit this to you again with documentation and pictures for your records.

Regards

Josh Bengston
DeLorean Industries

SS Spoiler
02-26-2017, 07:09 PM
Josh, thanks for jumping in on this I knew there had to
Be a simple reason. I would have called but I don't hear
very well on the phone. No, I never got your letter back
in December [didn't realize I lived so far out] it would be great
if you could resubmit. I think my motor was on the very
edge of rot, because there was oil in the valley when I
pulled the intake, which iv'e never seen before. That was why I
sent the full core charge, even though you said I didn't need
to because it was coming from a running engine. I LOVE the
new engine with the power increase. Thanks for catching my
posts, I'll watch the mail box........

Paul Cerny....Montana

SS Spoiler
03-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Now March 25 still no letter with photos showing my
core blocks condition or partial refund on my returned core....

Paul Cerny
94 Oxbow Trail
Kalispell, MT

Kherns
04-14-2017, 05:00 AM
A friend o' mine in France has made an order seven monthes ago...Never received any parts, paid around 700 euros, and not even a single news or update on the problem.
We would really like to sort that out, but Josh is totally unreachable.

Delorean Industries
04-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Your friend placed an international order using our address for shipping when placed. We then invoiced the shipping with insurance separately and the order had been sitting here since without shipping paid. We finally decided to cancel the order and refunded. We do not ship orders without payment first and do not cover in this case 190 euro shipping cost out of our own pocket. This has been expressed multiple times directly. Unfortunately hopes that time would have a rate of attrition on this with us budging were false.

SS Spoiler
04-21-2017, 10:43 PM
Still waiting for refund core charge from Josh. Would like
to see photos showing core problems that was sent last Dec.
Core was sent back nine months ago......

Dangermouse
04-12-2018, 08:26 AM
Oh dear. 05195 is no more

https://cs.copart.com/v1/AUTH_svc.pdoc00001/PIX96/56e8fac7-63d3-4e2c-8105-6c17cda0b152.JPG

https://www.salvagereseller.com/cars-for-sale/29046568-1981-Delorean-Delorean-COLUMBIA-STATION-OH

Based on background it looks like it may have been an external source rather than anything on the car. Either in storage or being transported.

DMCMW Dave
04-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Oh dear. 05195 is no more

Based on background it looks like it may have been an external source rather than anything on the car. Either in storage or being transported.

Picture is obviously inside a trailer. They typically burn from the inside since that's where the fuel is. This must have happened a while ago since it's already at the insurance auction.

Delorean Industries
04-12-2018, 10:36 AM
I'll chime in to alleviate over speculation. This happened the last week of September at our facility in Ohio. It was a brutally hot day and early on a PA owner was stranded on the side of the road. I sent one of my techs with a standard load out of tools, jump box and a jerry can of fuel in the trailer. My tech could not managed to get the car running. Loaded up and brought the car back to Ohio. While loading he had an issue with the winch randomly shorting out and just clicking when actuated. He returned later that day and we unloaded the stranded car. We left the rig hooked up as we were picking up 5195 from the alignment shop as it was slated for delivery the following day. We loaded 5195 at the alignment shop without a problem and as standard hooked the winch cable to the front tow hook and snugged it up to secure for transport. Upon returning to the shop around four in the afternoon we backed up the grade behind the building and parked the trailer on the incline. I went about a few other things and the trailer backed to the building nose down. A little after five we opened the rear gate to pull the car out. The fumes from the jerry can had settled at the front of the trailer around the winch. As soon as the controller was jogged at the rear of the trailer it was over. We quickly realized we couldn't contain the situation and moved to damage control. Thankfully the trailer was stilled hooked to the tow vehicle and we were able to get it away from the building.

We worked with our insurance providers inspection team fully and an independent firm hired by us to find fault in the matter. Both came to the same conclusion which I am not in a position to speculate in detail on as they continue to work with the equipment manufacture in question on this. Even though we were not found at fault this was a sad day with a lot of hard work lost. We were forced to take a massive loss on this as to allow for the soon to be owner made whole. At the same time a lot of good has come from it as well. We have learned in detail how bad things can get quickly and how best to prevent such things and be covered for it. In the end thankfully no one was hurt or killed.

Last week I signed off on the trailer title and car remains. They were bound to try and sell what was left so this being discussed was inevitable.

Losing this car was absolutely heart breaking for me personally. This car was one of the first I purchased years ago with my mentor who got me into this business. He passed away in May of last year before the completion of the build. I felt a sense of closure with finishing the car and was happy that it was going to a good home. It will be a long time if ever that I can bury this experience and put it behind me.

Regards

Josh Bengston
DeLorean Industries

Dangermouse
04-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Sorry to hear that, Josh. It was a beautifully restored car.