PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Flux capacitor

Trstno1
02-26-2017, 12:42 AM
Alright guys-

I'm sick and tired of being asked if the car has a flux capacitor. i want to see the face on these folks when I say yes! looking for a flux capacitor for the rear deck. Anyone looking to get rid of one? Let me know what you have.

clenet
02-26-2017, 06:33 AM
Alright guys-

I'm sick and tired of being asked if the car has a flux capacitor. i want to see the face on these folks when I say yes! looking for a flux capacitor for the rear deck. Anyone looking to get rid of one? Let me know what you have.

I have the solution to your problem. I was getting asked the same question. So my grandaughter made me a drawing of one on paper and now when asked I just pull out the drawing and show it to the person. They are always impressed and are now satisfied that I met their expectations. I am happy that I don't have to butcher my car to satisfy the general public.

DMC-81
02-26-2017, 06:10 PM
When I get asked that question, I pull the miniature thinkgeek FC out of the glove box and joke that 30 years of development reduced the size, and it even charges your iPhone. :hihi2:

That always gets a laugh and then they ask where they can get one.

refugeefromcalif
02-26-2017, 06:32 PM
When I get asked that question, I pull the miniature thinkgeek FC out of the glove box and joke that 30 years of development reduced the size, and it even charges your iPhone. :hihi2:

That always gets a laugh and then they ask where they can get one.

+1.
I bought a few of those when they came out and people get a big laugh out of it. :biggrin:

George

Peripatetic
02-27-2017, 12:51 AM
Does anyone else's TG Flux Capacitor keep tripping the fuse for the radio? In the past year I've almost gone through the entire packet of yellow fuses.

It's usually good as long as I dont touch it, but if I'm plugging something in theres a 1 in 15 chance I'm about to lose the radio.

WHO1DMC
02-27-2017, 04:17 AM
Ya I think that's typical with this old stuff o so sensitive having things plugged in. Happens to me all the time. aaarrrg

Drive Stainless
02-27-2017, 12:46 PM
The Diamond Select Flux Capacitor is a pretty good value, I think.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-Future-BTTF-Flux-Capacitor-Prop-Replica-Delorean-NEW-/162358027156?hash=item25cd4ae394:m:mEpkxWAk-Wi6w8BHttcvB7Q

For my own flux capacitor, I took one of these toys, removed the important stuff, and transplanted it to the authentic "Stahlin" enclosure with real vacuum relays instead of the replicas.

mluder
02-27-2017, 06:46 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Back-to-the-Future-BTTF-Flux-Capacitor-Prop-Replica-Delorean-NEW-/162358027156?hash=item25cd4ae394:m:mEpkxWAk-Wi6w8BHttcvB7Q

For my own flux capacitor, I took one of these toys, removed the important stuff, and transplanted it to the authentic "Stahlin" enclosure with real vacuum relays instead of the replicas.

Have any photos of that? I have both the Diamond Select and the Stahlin box and was planning to do the same as you...
Did you buy new more screen accurate rubber for the window opening too? Just curious if you new where and what size to get.

Cheers
Steven

Drive Stainless
02-27-2017, 07:07 PM
Have any photos of that? I have both the Diamond Select and the Stahlin box and was planning to do the same as you...
Did you buy new more screen accurate rubber for the window opening too? Just curious if you new where and what size to get.

Cheers
Steven

The enclosure I had already included the window with the gasket. This is the only photo I have at the moment.

The black board is actual "blackboard" from Home Depot.

aotmfilms
03-06-2017, 03:19 PM
Alright guys-

You could always buy the Yatzee version and stick it back there. It's battery powered with two AA batteries I think. I do that sometimes. I have the TG one as wall. I call it the #ghettoflux and I have a #ghettofusion for those times you don't want to spend $600+ on BTTF props. Sorry but it's tight in da hood here in Detroit :D

https://www.amazon.com/YAHTZEE-Back-Future-Collectors-Board/dp/B00V42YOVY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488831446&sr=8-1&keywords=yatzee+back+to+the+future

$18 bucks.

--Doug

aotmfilms
03-06-2017, 03:30 PM

#GhettoFlux
#GhettoFusion

:)

When you have to timetravel on a budget it is the #ghettofusion and #ghettoflux by Ronco....patent pending :D

(Not to mention #ghettofluxbands) ;)

--Doug

aotmfilms
03-06-2017, 03:37 PM

MiniFlux with improved rear #ghettofluxbands :)

--Doug

Michael
03-06-2017, 05:06 PM
I found a nice replica on ebay for 125.00 and snagged it. If you have an iPad just download the FC app!

Chris 16409
03-09-2017, 01:51 AM
This is funny:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/EB00/121G.oap?year=1991&make=Eagle&model=Premier&vi=1440145&ck=Search_121g_1440145_3617&keyword=121g#itemDetailTab_

Doesn't look like it's available at the moment.

WHO1DMC
03-09-2017, 11:13 AM
It was ment to be funny on back to the future day 10/21/15. They never sold them. The pic is a Diamond Select flux I think. I have one from fluxy88.

Dave B

ccurzio
03-09-2017, 12:57 PM
It was ment to be funny on back to the future day 10/21/15.

That gag has been on O'Reilly's site a whole hell of a lot longer than that.

Timebender
03-09-2017, 01:00 PM

I have one as well without the window. My biggest issue with the BTTFII Diamond Select version, with more "movie accurate" effects, is wrong due to the flux lights only being 3 each (thus a more strobe effect), and going from the middle to the outside, vs. outside in.

I thought movie accurate, and the way everyone who makes the expensive FC's, was from the outside into the middle..

Drive Stainless
03-09-2017, 01:08 PM
I have one as well without the window. My biggest issue with the BTTFII Diamond Select version, with more "movie accurate" effects, is wrong due to the flux lights only being 3 each (thus a more strobe effect), and going from the middle to the outside, vs. outside in.

I thought movie accurate, and the way everyone who makes the expensive FC's, was from the outside into the middle..

Mine goes from the outside to the middle. If you had one that went the wrong way, it's a simple matter to pull the circuit board and flip it around. You might need to extend a wire or two.

Nicholas R
03-09-2017, 03:04 PM
There are two diamond select toys versions of the FC. The original (short run) version indeed went the wrong direction (from the inside out) and also had a single strobe light in the middle. There are 2 knobs on it, one that controls the speed of the LED cascading and the other that controls the speed of the strobe. Pretty quickly people started complaining about the direction of the cascading, the innaccuracy of having the center strobe light, and the fact that the strobe lights burned out after a relatively short time. They then released what they called the BTTF Part II version which eliminated the center strobe completely, and corrected the cascade direction (from outside in).

This is the first version with strobe and incorrect cascading. (notice the U-shaped strobe light in the center). This version was very short lived. I remember trying to get one shortly after they came out and they had already switched over. This one was only out for a couple of months.

This is the second and current version which most owners have, with no strobe and correct cascading.

Timebender
03-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Interesting. Mine doesn't have the strobe and goes outside in. But I did get it for super cheap on eBay, as the seller thought it was broken.

I'll have to switch the boards around, and yes, I did look and the wires would have to be slightly extended.

Nicholas R
03-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Interesting. Mine doesn't have the strobe and goes outside in. But I did get it for super cheap on eBay, as the seller thought it was broken.

I'll have to switch the boards around, and yes, I did look and the wires would have to be slightly extended.

If it's going from the outside in as you describe, then it is correct, and consistent with the Diamond Select Toys version two. You do not need to change anything (unless you want it to be backwards from the movie).

Timebender
03-10-2017, 03:05 PM
If it's going from the outside in as you describe, then it is correct, and consistent with the Diamond Select Toys version two. You do not need to change anything (unless you want it to be backwards from the movie).

Sorry - I meant from the center to the edges- inside to out..

Been a long week

cpistocco
03-12-2017, 03:45 PM
For the money, the diamond select FC is not bad....But why are they white and not Grey!!!???
I am painting mine! :)