PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Interest - Euro-spec / future model headlight trims?

matt clark
02-28-2017, 04:26 PM
Mods, please move this if this counts too much as a 'for sale' thread, but I'm trying to gauge the interest of the community as a whole.

The history of Right Hand Drive / Euro-spec DeLoreans is a bit long and winding, but if you've read either Barrie Wills or Chris Parnham & Andy Will's books, you'll know about the 3 'factory' RHD cars put together while DMCL was in receivership. These were the first European homologation spec cars, and visually they had some interesting differences in the trim. They had an unusual grooved rubbing strip down the side (as did the Burgundy interior car), including a single domed turn signal lens behind the front wheel. Two of these cars also had special trims on the inside of the front fascia by the headlights, continuing the groove pattern from the grill out to the edges:

These 3 RHD cars were registration AXI 1697 (VIN 5565), AXI 1698 (VIN 5638) and AXI 1699 (VIN 5529).

Here's VIN 5565 when it was in the Patrick Collection with it's trims:

http://i.imgur.com/HIxwUhf.jpg

VIN 5638 - on the right here of 5565 for the first time in a long while - never seemed to have those trims, despite having the different rubbing strip/turn signal lens.

http://i.imgur.com/8wEAw4w.jpg

5529 - shown here on a different registration to confuse matters, also has them.

http://i.imgur.com/JBFVJjz.jpg

Both Barrie Wills and Martin Mail aren't too sure on the background/future of these trims. They don't appear on any of the other cars made in receivership, nor with any of the Consolidated cars (to my knowledge). Martin was good enough to forward me some documents that confirm that a proposed facelift for the 1984 DMC-12 was to modify the front end/headlights to look more like an Isuzu Piazza - presumably with flush headlights. Martin had got ItalDesign / Giugiaro to investigate it but I have no idea how far that went - and it didn't involve these side trims. The side trims, however, do exist, and in my mind look really great on the cars.

For years I've been meaning to get around to modelling and printing a set of these for other owners. However, I had a stroke of luck when the owner of 5683 put me in touch with the owner of 5565! While 5529 is in hiding, the owner of 5565 was good enough to let me go over and 'borrow' his trims for copying - a good insurance policy for making backups as he has the only set in the wild!

http://i.imgur.com/7RHe8v2.jpg

Removing the trims showed that there were 3 different methods of attachment going on here - a small plug that fits into the recess on the trim, double sided tapes, and the typically DeLorean-esque exposed Phillips head screw.

http://i.imgur.com/Cb1DiFE.jpg

Here's the trim pieces - showing their age and use a little, but still fascinating to see. To me, they look to be a very low-volume production part, possibly resin poured into an open-backed, one-piece mould. Professionally tooled, perhaps, but definitely hastily moulded and cast. There's a lot of sanding around the edges for fine fit and as you can see, the hollow they created for the peg to slot into is a little... rough.

http://i.imgur.com/XnF6KWz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/whss6MS.jpg

Here they are going under silicone:

http://i.imgur.com/WG270eA.jpg

And here's the first castings out of the mould! Every detail captured, which unfortunately means lots of cleanup left to do. More on that in a bit...

http://i.imgur.com/7dfQNfX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qKg5tpp.jpg

It only seemed right that VIN 5638 got the very first test set out of the mould, given it's sister cars had had them for decades. I was really pleased with the look of them. These are cast in a black-dyed Polyurethane resin and then sprayed with a coat of satin black. The match to the existing front grill was pretty great.

http://i.imgur.com/PPL8RPj.jpg

Now begins a program of test-fitting them to various cars to see how we're doing, because DeLoreans vary a lot. 16606 was local to me so I went down to Gareth to see how well they fit on his car:

http://i.imgur.com/4thn2vl.jpg

The results were a bit annoying.

http://i.imgur.com/Xb5Z4S5.jpg

16606's fascia had quite a heavy respray and also seemed a slight amount more 'pinched' in from the wings/fenders, which really affected the fit. Broadly speaking, I've found that right hand side trim fits slightly more tightly than the left hand one - I noticed this when trying to get them off of 5565, and the owner of 5638 reported something similar when fitting his copies! The trims however are the same thickness, so I'm guessing that's a bit of a DeLorean quirk.

I've got a couple more cars to test fit these two, and then I'm going to modify the master pieces for selling on.

My plan is to clean up all the dents and dings, as well as fill in the screw holes to make them invisible. This way the trims can be attached with VHB tape rather than screws. This master will then be remoulded, and then cast in black, heat-resistant Polyurethane resin, and sent out painted and prepped for installation. I can send them out with pilot holes drilled in the same place, but to be honest the holes on the originals weren't brilliantly measured, and the screw heads required removing some material from the sides of the fins, so tape feels like a better way to go.

Because there will undoubtedly be some fettling at the user's end to get these to fit specific cars, I'm not asking for loads of money for these - my current thinking is between £35 and 40 GBP for a pair.

I want to limit the first run to 50 sets - I have two full time jobs as does my mould-maker so I have a very short window to get these made, so I'd like to gauge interest from the community to see if there's any real interest in them.

For disclosure, DMCH have contacted me and told me they plan to release this part as they have the drawings for it in their archive. I have no idea on the time frame, cost, or fixing methods - they have only told me that they intend to make them. The castings I'm offering are cast from one of two original sets known to exist, so they have 'provenance' going for them, but they also have the potential fitment issues that come with them - it wouldn't be a DeLorean part if it wasn't imperfect...

So - any interest in these?

dmcnorway
02-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Definitely interested!

Trstno1
02-28-2017, 10:34 PM
Definitely interested!

+1

81dmc
03-01-2017, 12:22 AM
More quirky stuff?

I'm in.

Lwanmtr
03-01-2017, 04:50 AM
looks neat....what would be cool is to press led's into the slots..hehe.

Patrick C
03-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Count me in for a set!

Lukas
03-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Looks good, I would buy a set.

DeloreanTeenager01
03-02-2017, 03:27 PM
Looks awesome and slick I would definitely buy a set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Domi
03-02-2017, 03:35 PM
Sounds interesting :)

Gruffalo
03-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Count me in :)

2015 VW e golf
2005 BMW 120i
1987 Porsche 928 S4
1981 Delorean dmc-12
1980 Fiat bertone X1/9

DMCVegas
03-02-2017, 05:01 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/shut-up-and-take-my-money/i-need-this-take-my-money.jpg

Not even joking here. I need a set of these. These would allow me to cut niches into the fascia to remove/replace the headlights without having to bend the polyurethane, and no risks of scratching the paint. This is doubly important if I ever had to install an aftermarket DMCH fiberglass unit.

If I had a set of these, I'd look into drilling and mounting these things with the same ball studs and brackets that the grille uses. Then when it came time to replace headlights, I'd just pop all 3 pieces off to get at the screws, and then smack them back into place afterwards and be done with it.

Lwanmtr
03-02-2017, 05:15 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/shut-up-and-take-my-money/i-need-this-take-my-money.jpg

Not even joking here. I need a set of these. These would allow me to cut niches into the fascia to remove/replace the headlights without having to bend the polyurethane, and no risks of scratching the paint. This is doubly important if I ever had to install an aftermarket DMCH fiberglass unit.

If I had a set of these, I'd look into drilling and mounting these things with the same ball studs and brackets that the grille uses. Then when it came time to replace headlights, I'd just pop all 3 pieces off to get at the screws, and then smack them back into place afterwards and be done with it.

Oh, I hadnt thought of mounting them that way.....good idea.

mluder
03-02-2017, 06:00 PM
I'm in for a set!

Cheers
Steven

Farrar
03-02-2017, 06:20 PM
I'd look into drilling and mounting these things with the same ball studs and brackets that the grille uses.

I was thinking the same thing, but hesitated to mention it because I'd be accused of bucking tradition. ;)

Seriously, though - I'd be interested in these if the fasteners were hidden.

dmcnorway
03-03-2017, 02:54 PM
That's an excellent idea - to use the same pop-on/pop-off mountings as the grille.
Hey, maybe that is exactly what the experimental workshop at DMC Ltd. had in mind!

DMCVegas
03-03-2017, 03:35 PM
16606's fascia had quite a heavy respray and also seemed a slight amount more 'pinched' in from the wings/fenders, which really affected the fit.

Is there any way that we can taper the inboard 90° edge with a sharp bevel to match the grille, using the same angle as what the grille uses on it's outer sections against the lights? Might this work to avoid the tight fit?

I love the look of these from a distance, and they would cover up the holes/scars for the headlight hardware nicely. Though up close I feel like I'm looking at Johnny Sokko's flying robot...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/4f/0d/63/4f0d635c3e7f26ed7eabed8825d592ca.gif

jcronin4461
03-03-2017, 04:05 PM
definitely interested!

aipri
03-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Very cool, count me in!

David_NYS
03-15-2017, 12:57 AM
I'd be interested in a set.

DMC-Ron
03-15-2017, 01:24 AM
I would also be interested in a set.

This would appear a good candidate for 3D printing. Plus refinements and adjustments are so much easier to implement.

Ron

Farrar
03-15-2017, 10:57 AM
If the trim pieces are meant to be installed with the headlights in place, having a ball-stud arrangement might be tricky, since it would require enough clearance to pull the trim piece out (toward the headlight) and I'm not sure a ball-stud short enough to allow for that would work very well - at least at the rear of the trim piece where the headlight sits. What about a clip in the back to "hook" onto the fascia, with a ball-stud in the front? Installation would involve pushing the trim piece in slightly more and at an angle, then pulling it forward and snapping the ball-stud into place. Removal would involve prying the ball-stud out, then angling the trim piece toward the headlight, and pushing it in to disengage the clip. I'm not sure the fascia material is tough enough to withstand it, but I'm just thinking aloud here - I know some people (myself included) think the trim piece would be more attractive if the fasteners weren't visible. I don't have my car right now so I can't go out and look at it to check for clearance to see if it's even possible, but maybe someone else could.

Feel free to disregard this message, of course. :)

UK Chris P.
03-17-2017, 10:35 AM
If the trim pieces are meant to be installed with the headlights in place, having a ball-stud arrangement might be tricky, since it would require enough clearance to pull the trim piece out (toward the headlight) and I'm not sure a ball-stud short enough to allow for that would work very well - at least at the rear of the trim piece where the headlight sits. What about a clip in the back to "hook" onto the fascia, with a ball-stud in the front? Installation would involve pushing the trim piece in slightly more and at an angle, then pulling it forward and snapping the ball-stud into place. Removal would involve prying the ball-stud out, then angling the trim piece toward the headlight, and pushing it in to disengage the clip. I'm not sure the fascia material is tough enough to withstand it, but I'm just thinking aloud here - I know some people (myself included) think the trim piece would be more attractive if the fasteners weren't visible. I don't have my car right now so I can't go out and look at it to check for clearance to see if it's even possible, but maybe someone else could.

Feel free to disregard this message, of course. :)

Ive stuck mine on with double sided tape...look great and original to my car.

Trstno1
08-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Is there any update to this thread? I would really like to purchase a set of these trim pieces.

Christian Dietrich
02-19-2018, 07:37 AM
I would really like a set on 11035! Any update?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

wfox2506
04-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Bump. Really interested in these.

L3V3L1
11-14-2018, 07:10 PM
Bump. Really interested in these.
Bizzump...

Lwanmtr
11-14-2018, 08:20 PM
If I get time after I get my fascia back on (waiting to get a couple things from Toby), I may try and mock up my own print them.

L3V3L1
11-15-2018, 04:57 AM
If I get time after I get my fascia back on (waiting to get a couple things from Toby), I may try and mock up my own print them.

do you do 3d printing?

Lwanmtr
11-15-2018, 07:04 AM
Yeah I have a 3d printer, nice n easy to use.

r00b
11-15-2018, 07:02 PM
The plans were on e-bay a while back, I only saved one picture from the auction.

Lwanmtr
11-15-2018, 07:24 PM
cool..good resource anyway :)

Patrick C
11-15-2018, 07:27 PM
I want a set!

Lwanmtr
11-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Not sure how I would do attaching them to the fascia...screws or glue or sticky tape. I'm thinking also of making a set that could be lit from behind for a snazzy effect..hehe.

Christian Dietrich
11-17-2018, 09:00 AM
Not sure how I would do attaching them to the fascia...screws or glue or sticky tape. I'm thinking also of making a set that could be lit from behind for a snazzy effect..hehe.Thin 3M double-sided tape would work perfectly

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Lwanmtr
11-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Yeah that was my thought too..non destructive to the fascia.

L3V3L1
12-20-2018, 03:55 PM
BUMP, i wanted these for Christmas!

Lwanmtr
12-20-2018, 04:13 PM
Im actually just waiting for some plugs to get here so I can finish splicing my halos into the wiring harness...then I can put my fascia back on and do some measuring n stuff to try and develop my own of these things.

ssdelorean
12-26-2018, 03:09 PM
For mounting without tape or holes to facia - what about an "L" like shape out the back side of the unit where they extend across the top and bottom of the headlights so the existing screws for the light surrounds can hold them in place.

Just a thought not fully thought out so - rip away :-)

Lwanmtr
12-26-2018, 03:55 PM
Thats an idea. I've never tried accessing those screws with the fascia on, so I'm not sure how easy it would be.

Of course any warping in the fascia could possibly put a gap between the piece and the fascia.....though they could be made with some over flow so that folks could trim them to fit their fascias (hooray for 37 year old plastic parts).

L3V3L1
12-26-2018, 06:21 PM
maybe you could make them out of a more flexible material? ie rubber? kinda like those stick on bumper guards. I'm not familiar with whats available for 3d printing.
Jason

Lwanmtr
12-26-2018, 06:24 PM
yeah, once i have a design i'll see what works best...also has to stand up to weather variations...most filaments break down after a while..but cross that bridge later...hehe

UK Chris P.
02-15-2019, 04:22 AM
Having recently bought AXI 1699 (currently registered as MGJ 126Y). That also has identical trims to AXI 1697.

I have currently removed them as I'm sorting out new headlight units and wiring behind them.

The car had not been used for 35 years! I've got it up and running now, but still working on the brakes.

CFI
02-15-2019, 07:41 AM
Having recently bought AXI 1699 (currently registered as MGJ 126Y). That also has identical trims to AXI 1697.

I have currently removed them as I'm sorting out new headlight units and wiring behind them.

The car had not been used for 35 years! I've got it up and running now, but still working on the brakes.

That’s incredible! Please post some pictures when you have a chance.

L3V3L1
02-17-2019, 12:27 PM
Somebody make these, and take my damn money, please!

Lwanmtr
02-17-2019, 03:54 PM
Still on my todo list, once Im able to fit my fascia back on and can start measuring, maybe use some of the clay I have to actually mold in there and then scan.

volkstony
02-22-2019, 03:31 PM
Whenever these become available I would love a set also. Please put me on the list for them.

UK Chris P.
07-10-2019, 11:14 AM
That’s incredible! Please post some pictures when you have a chance.

I'm afraid I'm hopeless with computers...attachments etc......give me a car and a good toolbox and I'm fine!

Here are a few.

UK Chris P.
07-11-2019, 12:37 AM

I'm afraid I'm hopeless with computers...attachments etc......give me a car and a good toolbox and I'm fine!

Here are a few.

Here is a link to the full story of finding and recommissioning of RHD AXI 1699...... http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=5862&highlight=MGJ+126Y

Justin Trabue
09-11-2019, 11:04 PM
I would like a pair of these once they become available. Any updates?

Lwanmtr
09-12-2019, 04:54 AM
Im still trying to find some way to get my front running/signal lights to mount to the fascia (the screw holes are stripped, busted, etc). I want to have that on the car before I can rough out a design that will fit. I have some clay I can use to make a mold I can scan into the puter and do some 3d magic.

I already have ideas in my head for a solid version and one that can have led strips placed behind the ribs.

For attaching, I've considered glue (as a non destructive method) or even screws with a backing (which would require removing the fascia, drilling and installing the trim pieced).

I'm in a big project right now, but if I get a chance I'll try n sketch it out.

jamesrguk
09-12-2019, 11:35 AM
I am very happy to CAD these up and 3D print them, I usually 3D print in PET-G which I'm sure would be fine for this application.

I don't want to spend time modelling them up in CAD only to find someone has already done it (if someone has done it I will happily print a set off for free for the designer if I can then use the files) I don't have one to copy so I would have to make do with photos and measurements from my own car's fascia.

Unless anyone in the UK has one they can send me to copy? it doesn't look to be a terribly complex shape and would probably lend itself well to 3D printing.

I would probably include a slight recess in the rear so that it would be attached snugly to the fascia with weatherproof double sided adhesive foam tape, whilst relatively close to the headlight I wouldn't think it would get too hot, if not a good blob of silicone sealant would probably suffice to hold them in place and could then be removed without damaging the fascia.

James

Lwanmtr
09-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Yeah, the shape looks fairly simple. I've only put it off because I want to be sure its snug to the fascia and headlight (and fits..hehe). If course, if someone beats me to it, I wont feel bad.

Pet-g seems like a good choice. I am also considering making a mold so that it can be quicker to make more.

jamesrguk
09-12-2019, 04:44 PM
Yes making a mold and then casting in resin would probably be quicker, and require less finishing.

But I can't imagine that there will really be that much demand for them.

Judging by size you're probably looking at about 4 hours per pair print time? I''d probably get 4-6 pairs on my print bed.

All slightly academic as I haven't got one to copy anyway, but it looks like a fun project.

J

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lwanmtr
09-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Yup, 4-6 sounds about right, if the size is about what I think.

jamesrguk
09-16-2019, 05:17 PM
Ok so bear with me on this...

I had a few minutes this evening and so working just from a photo I found online I drew the headlight trim peice in CAD and quickly printed one out.

I have to say I was quite suprised at how good it looked especially for a 1st effort, obviously I'm just holding it in place with my hand but I'd say it looks about 90%.

**Also please note that other than about 30seconds of wet'n'dry sanding no finishing has been done, as I was out of time this evening.**

Be very interested to hear feedback and whether I should continue to refine them. I printed this in PET-G which should be fine near the headlights.

It sands and paints well and with a little effort and a few coats of paint from a rattle can you can hide the layer lines well enough.

Jhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190916/1c1063f04ae33bbb94f19bbf69a9b9fd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190916/504d3a05d21b17df9ded31c99d523edc.jpg

Lwanmtr
09-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Very cool. care to share the file?

jamesrguk
09-16-2019, 06:04 PM
It's not really ready for sharing, this is just a 1st shot attempt.

jamesrguk
09-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Quick update, version 2 printed and roughly finished.

Version 3 will have slightly different sized grooves to look more like the original. It will also have counter bored holes, the only way to get a reall snug fit is to screw them on with small self tapping screws so I'll get some small black screws to include in the kit.

Printed with 15% infill allows a little flexibility to fit snugly, if your fitting them you may as well fit them right. Filling 2 tiny holes with PU filler and touching them up with a drip of paint on the end of a q-tip - if for some reason you wanted to remove them - isn't a major issue.

It's how the factory were most likely going to install them anyway so it probably makes them more genuine.

I have some great textured black paint which should make them look pretty sharp.

The kit will come with nessasary screws, buyers can go that route or try whatever they like, glue etc...

I hope to have the final product installed on my car by the weekend and photographed and have limited stock with the vendor within 14 days.

J
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/801b507ee19c6a66b7294b7861307f8a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/aeadfd242e049490faa334249f315c04.jpg

L3V3L1
09-18-2019, 01:41 PM

Version 3 will have slightly different sized grooves to look more like the original. It will also have counter bored holes, the only way to get a reall snug fit is to screw them on with small self tapping screws so I'll get some small black screws to include in the kit.

Printed with 15% infill allows a little flexibility to fit snugly, if your fitting them you may as well fit them right. Filling 2 tiny holes with PU filler and touching them up with a drip of paint on the end of a q-tip - if for some reason you wanted to remove them - isn't a major issue.

It's how the factory were most likely going to install them anyway so it probably makes them more genuine.

I have some great textured black paint which should make them look pretty sharp.

The kit will come with nessasary screws, buyers can go that route or try whatever they like, glue etc...

I hope to have the final product installed on my car by the weekend and photographed and have limited stock with the vendor within 14 days.

J
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/801b507ee19c6a66b7294b7861307f8a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190918/aeadfd242e049490faa334249f315c04.jpg

They look great. Any idea what they will cost?

Lwanmtr
09-18-2019, 03:59 PM
Looks really good. and, yeah, got a price in mind?

jamesrguk
09-18-2019, 06:47 PM
Regards pricing, I'm not sure to be honnest, it's the finishing off that will take the time and effort, and until I have a version I'm 100% happy with (version 4 printing as I type) I don't know quite how much post print finishing they will require.

I'm sure they won't be very expensive.

Watch this space, I am at a mini local DeLorean meet tomorrow evening so I will take them along for people to take a look at and get feedback.

J

Justin Trabue
09-18-2019, 10:50 PM

J

They look great. I am also interested once you have your final version.

jamesrguk
09-19-2019, 02:43 AM
I think this is as close as I'm going to get with a version that is thin and flexible enough to fit most cars as there will always be some car to car variation.

Counter sunk screw hole now included, I would attach with a little black silicone behind and then a single small black self tapping screw.

I suppose I had better practice what I preach and and install a set on my car with screws!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190919/c099b3b9feecacb77d97a49d732957de.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190919/c1cce07bb32b4ed45435c155ed5acee7.jpg

Lwanmtr
09-19-2019, 02:54 AM
Looks good.

Justin Trabue
09-19-2019, 04:05 AM
awesome

jamesrguk
09-25-2019, 06:31 PM
These headlight side trims took a fair bit more work than I thought to get them to look just right, but I'm really pleased with the result.

Now available from DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-side-trims.html

As a spin off I produced some 'Chocolate Block' centre light trims.

Mine have been missing for some time and inspired by the '83 headlight side trims, I designed and produced these centre peices which follow the same ribbed theme.

I put them on my car and I'm really pleased with the look, they really complement the side trims.

Also available at DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-finishers.htmlhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/394fdc0f72798d18a2213ad27284078d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/e65a73411e0b0354c8b65df8dad328c9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/1ea5772420955e9c586fa189cffaa0f4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/7d06eb1c04cec05a16e51388e299bb1f.jpg

Lwanmtr
09-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Very cool. They turned out nicely

Christian Dietrich
09-25-2019, 07:46 PM
These headlight side trims took a fair bit more work than I thought to get them to look just right, but I'm really pleased with the result.

Now available from DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-side-trims.html

As a spin off I produced some 'Chocolate Block' centre light trims.

Mine have been missing for some time and inspired by the '83 headlight side trims, I designed and produced these centre peices which follow the same ribbed theme.

I put them on my car and I'm really pleased with the look, they really complement the side trims.

Also available at DeLoreanGo https://www.deloreango.com/us/headlight-finishers.htmlhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/394fdc0f72798d18a2213ad27284078d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/e65a73411e0b0354c8b65df8dad328c9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/1ea5772420955e9c586fa189cffaa0f4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190925/7d06eb1c04cec05a16e51388e299bb1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using TapatalkSo these finishers go overtop the L finisher in between the headlights? This is all just wonderful bringing to life a possible update that would never happen!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jackb
09-25-2019, 09:15 PM
Very cool!
As soon as I get my eyebrows straightened and fascia aligned with the fenders and repainted, I’m going to add these.

L3V3L1
09-26-2019, 07:15 AM
These are great. Let's see both sets together in one pic.

DeLoreanGo Arran
09-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Here you go :)

Justin Trabue
09-26-2019, 01:08 PM

Thank you. Great work

Bob635
09-26-2019, 07:47 PM
Did any one else notice the center roof mount antenna

Lwanmtr
09-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Did any one else notice the center roof mount antenna

The what? Where?

Mark D
09-27-2019, 02:02 PM
The what? Where?

I think he means from the photo in the original post here:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?14844-Interest-Euro-spec-future-model-headlight-trims&p=214233&viewfull=1#post214233

Lwanmtr
09-27-2019, 03:56 PM
Oh...huh..that looks definately 80's snazzy....I want one...hehe.

L3V3L1
09-27-2019, 04:25 PM
Sold out already. It said available, when I went back to order it says 1 week lead time.

DeLoreanGo Arran
09-27-2019, 04:33 PM
Yes, all of the first batch of these has sold already/been shipped, but you can still order them on the website and if you order now and it will be shipped in a week from now, or as soon as they are done which might be sooner.

Mark D
09-30-2019, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure if this mod is my particular style but I appreciate the amount of effort and time went into designing and developing these parts. It's cool to see people in the community run with a project like this and to see it through to the end with great results. Congrats on bringing these to market and it's exciting to hear the first batch sold out already. I am considering buying a set just to have on hand even if i'm still on the fence about installing them. :)

Justin Trabue
10-01-2019, 01:00 AM

Great job. Thank you

DeLoreanGo Arran
10-02-2019, 04:43 AM
Confirming these are all back in stock now :)