PDA

View Full Version : Hemmings Sports and Exotic - Sad news

sdg3205
04-07-2017, 03:01 AM
Today when i opened my newest issue of HS&E i was saddened to see that it would also be my last. It is without question the best classic car magazine I've ever read. You may recall they did a nice piece on the DeLorean back in 2010. Normally when a magazine covers the DeLorean, I pick it up for my collection. With HS&E however, I just had to subscribe. It was a breath of fresh air to finally find a classic car magazine that gave every car a fair and in-depth review instead of writing off all these wonderfully bizarre, esoteric cars as "crap" because they didn't perform like a corvette. The writers clearly loved their work, loved meeting the owners and driving the cars. From MG's and Triumphs to Datsuns, Saabs, Tatras and DeLoreans, there was never any shortage of rare or interesting cars to read about. I'm very sorry to see this magazine go.

cpistocco
04-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Today when i opened my newest issue of HS&E i was saddened to see that it would also be my last. It is without question the best classic car magazine I've ever read. You may recall they did a nice piece on the DeLorean back in 2010. Normally when a magazine covers the DeLorean, I pick it up for my collection. With HS&E however, I just had to subscribe. It was a breath of fresh air to finally find a classic car magazine that gave every car a fair and in-depth review instead of writing off all these wonderfully bizarre, esoteric cars as "crap" because they didn't perform like a corvette. The writers clearly loved their work, loved meeting the owners and driving the cars. From MG's and Triumphs to Datsuns, Saabs, Tatras and DeLoreans, there was never any shortage of rare or interesting cars to read about. I'm very sorry to see this magazine go.

WoW ! That is the end of an era. We will never see anything like that ever again. Too bad, :(

OverlandMan
04-09-2017, 12:20 AM
Yep... I am bummed about this too. I posted about it last month here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?15006-Hemmings-Sport-amp-Exotic-Car-Closure

sdg3205
04-09-2017, 12:59 AM
Ah. That's what I get for not visiting the forum as much as I used to. That would have softened the blow.

cdrusn
04-09-2017, 06:56 PM
That was one of two magazines I always read from cover to cover. The other is Porsche EXCELLENCE, another fine magazine although it has become mostly ads so they must be making money. We'll just have to wait and see how the replacement goes.:race:

OverlandMan
04-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Ah. That's what I get for not visiting the forum as much as I used to. That would have softened the blow.

I hear ya. I actually have that HS&EC 2010 issue framed in my office. Here's a pic of a few of my framed treasures including that one.

sdg3205
04-10-2017, 01:39 AM
I hear ya. I actually have that HS&EC 2010 issue framed in my office. Here's a pic of a few of my framed treasures including that one.

Thats a really good idea.