PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body black headliner

john 05141
05-02-2017, 04:03 PM
The alcantara headliner was no success.So I need to redo my headliner.
I see many modern cars with optional black headliners . I have never seen that on a Delorean. Everyone seen this, comments or pictures?

Jan

David T
05-02-2017, 04:47 PM
I see many modern cars with optional black headliners . I have never seen that on a Delorean. Everyone seen this, comments or pictures?

Jan

Even on the cars with black interior the headliner is always grey. IMHO it would make the interior just way too dark, especially if it is already black.

DMC-81
05-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Even on the cars with black interior the headliner is always grey. IMHO it would make the interior just way too dark, especially if it is already black.

Well, not always. :) My Camaro, my previous C5 coupe, and one other sports car I had a few years ago had/has a black interior with a black headliner. I guess I like it that way. It's true that it's dark ... especially with tinted windows at night, but if you like a close, almost like a race car cockpit feeling, then it's good for that.

I would be curious to see what it would look like in a D as well.

DMCMW Dave
05-02-2017, 10:47 PM
I've seen a few with black headliners. IMO it doesn't work in this car.

john 05141
05-03-2017, 04:32 AM
I think the original dark DMC headliner is very light. It does not necessarily need to be black, but darker in any way... way darker.
hopefully someone has some pics to share.....

My brother drives a dark grey car with black seats and a black headliner, is great.
light grey is obsolete to my opinion.

Jan

Mario
05-03-2017, 01:43 PM
I've seen a couple people on here say that black headliners in a DeLorean makes it feel too small and claustrophobic on the inside.

DMCMW Dave
05-03-2017, 02:41 PM
I think the original dark DMC headliner is very light. It does not necessarily need to be black, but darker in any way... way darker.
hopefully someone has some pics to share.....

My brother drives a dark grey car with black seats and a black headliner, is great.
light grey is obsolete to my opinion.

Jan

My non-DMC DD has a black headliner (completely black interior) and it's fine. I just think it's too claustrophobic in a DeLorean, and does not match the interior trim color. The DMC interior black is not as black as black headlining material, and it really looks odd against the grey.

All boils down to personal taste. You could easily recover one or both door headliners first to see how it hits you, they are relatively cheap and easy to do rather than the entire set.

DMCSPRINT
05-03-2017, 10:43 PM

Jan

I have all black interior in mine with black velour style headliner. I like the black just would rather have a black vinyl/leather material. Here are a few picks although the headliner is hard to see in some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

john 05141
05-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Thank you for those pictures. Not bad at all.
I want to use a dark grey rather than black. I think I will go fot it. Pictures will folow.

Jan

81dmc
05-06-2017, 12:56 AM
My entire interior is recovered in black leather. I also installed a deep black carpet set. Now I'm taking the plunge with the black headliner as well.

Here's my door pieces:

I personally like the darkness inside the car...

john 05141
05-08-2017, 07:34 AM
I ordered some dark grey headliner. I prepared the headliners already.
more pics to come

Jan