PDA

View Full Version : Engine Removing the LH coolant pipe

Lwanmtr
06-28-2017, 08:54 PM
I need to clean my frame a bit on the inside so I'm gonna be pulling the fuel tank (good time to hose that out too)...before I started I wanted to make sure of the best way to pull the LH coolant pipe...I see the rubber hoses where it connects, but any tips, or other things to look out for when I'm doing would be helpful.

Thanks

DMCMW Dave
06-28-2017, 11:25 PM
I need to clean my frame a bit on the inside so I'm gonna be pulling the fuel tank (good time to hose that out too)...before I started I wanted to make sure of the best way to pull the LH coolant pipe...I see the rubber hoses where it connects, but any tips, or other things to look out for when I'm doing would be helpful.

Thanks

The pipe actually comes out with or after the tank. Remove both hoses, drop the tank (not actually a "drop" more like a "force" - you'll find it very wedged in place), and the pipe will fall out. Fun part is holding it in position while you put the tank back in.

Lwanmtr
06-29-2017, 02:08 AM
Any tricks in wiggling/prying/dynamiting to make getting it to come out with less work, specially working in tight space underneath?