PDA

View Full Version : General Delorean sold

andy blackmon
07-08-2017, 11:46 AM
In Feb. of '82 I got my Delorean and after 35 years I sold it. I have greatly enjoyed being a member of the Delorean family. I can never thank the members of this forum enough for all the help and advice you have given me over the years. I am 75 years old and I thought I owed it to my car to let a younger person enjoy it. I will remain a member of this forum for the time being. thanks again I enjoyed living the dream and I will miss my silver bullet but all things in life comes to and end. Andy Blackmon former owner of 03513 .

opethmike
07-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Congrats on the sale, and great hearing from an original owner! I remember seeing your car at DCS 2008.

kbrown84
07-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Andy...My family and I are very thankful to now own such a lovely car! Just today we were out to 2 shows and a cruise-in later tonight! Being the president of the Indiana DeLorean Motor Club, we also do a lot of charity and fundraising events for local organizations! My 10 year old daughter is in love with the blue trim, and loves to go cruising with me! Thank you again for the opportunity to own this car and you can rest assured that it will be in our family for many years to come! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/7dd16dc29cf32222f3027b62dd5c896b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NckT
07-17-2017, 06:30 AM
kbrown84 Sir, you look like you're my American Twin !!

ritztoys
07-17-2017, 09:25 AM
kbrown84,

How do I get in touch with your club? I've owned my car for over 26 years, want to share stories, and meet fellow owners. (East side of Indpls)

kbrown84
07-18-2017, 11:03 PM
kbrown84,

How do I get in touch with your club? I've owned my car for over 26 years, want to share stories, and meet fellow owners. (East side of Indpls)

Feel free to email (the best way to get ahold of me since i work odd hours) [email protected]
My number is 317-412-2206, also you can check out the website at www.in-dmc.org

Shoot me an email, and i'll let you know when we get together next! Looking forward to meeting you!

kbrown84
07-18-2017, 11:18 PM
kbrown84 Sir, you look like you're my American Twin !!

You must be a good lookin fellow then! :hysterical:

NckT
07-19-2017, 07:09 AM
You must be a good lookin fellow then! :hysterical:

Obviously :D

kbrown84
01-30-2019, 03:00 AM
Andy,
Just wanted to drop a note and let you know how your car is doing! We have made a few slight changes, but she remains a very dependable car!
In July of last year, a friend and I decided to participate in a charity rally which would put us driving from Indianapolis to Lake Tahoe, California! In a weeks time we put nearly 5,500 miles on the car, and even had the opportunity to run it on a road course for the first time. With the exception of a few very minor things (a broken wire on the ignition coil, altitude sickness in CO) the car performed flawlessly! I've since put another 6-7k miles on it running to Chicago, Kansas City, and a few more trips... We are planning another charity rally this coming July, heading from Indianapolis out to Sebago Lake, Maine! We've managed to raise a few thousand dollars for the charities thus far!

I did have to replace the exhaust due to some rusting issues with the early DMCH exhausts...it now sports a DPI Spec 1 exhaust, and the engine work you had done really sounds great! Im also planning a front suspension upgrade with QA1 coilovers during the spring!

Thanks again for allowing me to own this car...it really has been a lot of fun, and I think of you often while enjoying it! Hope you are well!

Kolin

mr_maxime
01-31-2019, 06:10 PM
I didn't see this thread until just today. I had wondered what happened to Andy. He helped me get my car running again after I hit a truck tire and then let me drive his car.

https://i.imgur.com/cF8yUGw.jpg

opethmike
02-02-2019, 12:38 AM
Holy crap, that car in the gloss black looks AMAZING. I've been thinking about doing that for my LS swapped DMC.

mr_maxime
02-02-2019, 04:38 PM
Holy crap, that car in the gloss black looks AMAZING. I've been thinking about doing that for my LS swapped DMC.

thanks. its no longer black though. the paint on the fascias crackled due to the hotter temps in the south so i stripped it. definitely miss it at times. i can see myself having it wrapped black in the future though.

Michael
02-02-2019, 05:13 PM
thanks. its no longer black though. the paint on the fascias crackled due to the hotter temps in the south so i stripped it. definitely miss it at times. i can see myself having it wrapped black in the future though.

If you are going to paint your DeLorean, wraps are Definately the way to go.

David T
02-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Wraps do not hold up well in the sun. Depending on the quality of the materiel you are lucky if you get 2 years out of it before it starts fading from sunlight. Paint lasts a lot longer.

Michael
02-02-2019, 05:27 PM
Wraps do not hold up well in the sun. Depending on the quality of the materiel you are lucky if you get 2 years out of it before it starts fading from sunlight. Paint lasts a lot longer.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PdV_-VCjOmM/WVejG4NQRsI/AAAAAAAANrA/k-Os_Ydy8eMQIYxTudWH9e-2lHf9saOPwCLcBGAs/s1600/captain%2Bobvious.jpg

mr_maxime
02-02-2019, 05:55 PM

... yeah, the point is to have it be temporary

CFI
02-03-2019, 06:14 AM
In Feb. of '82 I got my Delorean and after 35 years I sold it. I have greatly enjoyed being a member of the Delorean family. I can never thank the members of this forum enough for all the help and advice you have given me over the years. I am 75 years old and I thought I owed it to my car to let a younger person enjoy it. I will remain a member of this forum for the time being. thanks again I enjoyed living the dream and I will miss my silver bullet but all things in life comes to and end. Andy Blackmon former owner of 03513 .

What a great story. It must have been very tough to do, but I’m glad that you decided to sell it and let someone else enjoy being a DeLorean owner. I once heard someone say that we never really own these cars, we simply take care of them for the next generation of enthusiasts.

Well done, sir.