PDA

View Full Version : VIN 5574 at Vangaurd Motor Sales in Michigan

Chris Burns
07-08-2017, 12:05 PM
http://inventory.vanguardmotorsales.com/vehicles/2511/1981-delorean-dmc-12-super-sport

Very very clean example and a cool history with JZDs initials on the door and autographed by BTTF cast members.

But talk about smoking wacky weed when they came up with the price!! Yikes!!

Lwanmtr
07-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Been seeing quite a few lately that are pushing their prices up into that range....seems perceived value is climbing? Though to be sure..the ones on ebay at that price keep getting relisted...so maybe not..hehe

SKnight
07-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Interesting history, but I'd be surprised if someone paid that asking price.

Soundkillr
07-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Been seeing quite a few lately that are pushing their prices up into that range....seems perceived value is climbing? Though to be sure..the ones on ebay at that price keep getting relisted...so maybe not..hehe

No way this car will bring that. Im all for climbing prices, but asking and selling are two different things. Ebay cars still bid strong only to about 25 to 28k meaning what someone's willing to risk on these cars. Any higher and you rarely see bids, unless it's extremely nice.

Dangermouse
07-10-2017, 10:41 AM
$62k for one with an in-need-of-work frame and dodgy interior, makes this $82k one seem appropriately priced

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-DeLorean-DMC-12-/162584177030?roken=cUgayN

Was listed last year for $35k on craigslist, so that seems a reasonable profit for the addition of a couple of bottles or armor-all

I hope they both sell for list price :)

louielouie2000
07-12-2017, 04:12 PM
I noticed today that the latest DeLorean auction on Bring A Trailer today didn't hit reserve and maxed out at $19k. Normally BAT auctions go higher than book values because the website tends to draw the most fanatical bidders. Granted, it wasn't the nicest example... but oddly enough, those are the ones which seem to whip up the most frenzied bidding wars, while the nicer cars just sit on the market. Some comments on that auction mentioned how the market is flooded with high priced DeLoreans right now- makes you wonder if we are in for a correction.

Lwanmtr
07-12-2017, 04:27 PM
The fact that these high priced cars arent selling indicates that the market isnt yet ready for that... non runners or cars that need work I cant see getting into the 20's at all..specially since you never know what other gremlins there are that will pop out during a restoration.