PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Irma and DMCFL

81dmc
09-09-2017, 11:21 PM
Hope DMCFL in Bonita will be safe from the forecasted flooding. I lived in Bonita Springs/ Naples for 11 years, but Irma is one hell of a monster!

As always, prayers go out to all in the state of Florida.

Alex Brooks
09-09-2017, 11:31 PM
I hope every one stays safe also. Heres to hoping the storm does not live up to the fuss about it.

Michael
09-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Their FB page said they had about 20 DeLoreans safely tucked away inside. The hurricane however looks to hit them pretty squarely.

DMC-81
09-10-2017, 04:14 AM
Yes, I definitely want to wish all DeLorean owners and vendors all the best in surviving this massive storm. My thoughts are particularly with those on the West coast of Florida.

Here in the Orlando area, my wife and I just finished 2 days of preparations and our family is now hunkered down for the next 2 days.

I wanted to offer one point of clarity though. DMCFL is now in Orlando. But, I think there is still Gulf Coast Motor Works in Bonita Springs (Naples) that has DeLoreans.

Regardless, please stay safe everyone and thanks for the kind thoughts.

mr_maxime
09-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Just got a tropical storm warning this morning saying that I am now in Irma's path. Should be a tropical storm when it hits.

http://image.al.com/home/bama-media/width960/img/alphotos/photo/2017/09/10/Central%20Alabama%20tropical%20storm%20warning.jpg

NckT
09-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Be safe all !

David T
09-10-2017, 12:43 PM
The DMC organization is really getting hammered this month! With both Texas and Florida getting severe weather it must be very challenging to maintain operations. I hope they can get back up and running quickly and all of their employees too.

DMC-81
09-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Hello there. We made it through the storm with no damage. We spent 2 days doing yard clean up and got power back this afternoon. Thanks for all your concerns, and I hope for the best for my fellow Floridians.

dn010
09-13-2017, 01:51 PM
5003 survived, unscathed. The biggest concern was flooding so it was elevated in the garage and had it's ECU removed but there was not a drop of water intrusion in the garage, or even the house for that matter. We lucked out, even though we still lack electricity.

Morpheus
09-20-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm a bit late to this thread, but DMCFL survived the storm with no damage to the building or any of the cars. We did lose power and internet/phone for a few days, but we're back to normal operations now.

Our staff's homes fared pretty well, though we all had a little bit of cleanup to do afterward.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone!

GCMW Deloreans
09-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Hope DMCFL in Bonita will be safe from the forecasted flooding. I lived in Bonita Springs/ Naples for 11 years, but Irma is one hell of a monster!

As always, prayers go out to all in the state of Florida.

Thank you for your concern. Gulfcoast Motorworks survived the storm and other than power, phone outages, that was our only inconvenience. Bonita in general is still very much flooded and some business even on 41 still have no power. Its a bit of a war zone.

All the cars were safely tucked away in the building and we certainly had them stacked in like sardines!

Our prayers go out to anyone, anywhere who is experiencing the wrath of Mother Nature. The news is full of hardship for so many.

Be well my friends.

Mike

81dmc
09-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Thank you for your concern. Gulfcoast Motorworks survived the storm and other than power, phone outages, that was our only inconvenience. Bonita in general is still very much flooded and some business even on 41 still have no power. Its a bit of a war zone.

All the cars were safely tucked away in the building and we certainly had them stacked in like sardines!

Our prayers go out to anyone, anywhere who is experiencing the wrath of Mother Nature. The news is full of hardship for so many.

Be well my friends.

Mike

Great to hear both DMCFL and GCMW made it out unscathed! At least Florida didn't get that record flooding we got over here in Houston, as that would have been devastating.

Additionally, if there are any owners in Puerto Rico, I hope they stay safe. This season is really something else...

David T
09-21-2017, 08:55 AM
I have spoken to several car dealers lately and they have been furiously buying inventory BEFORE the flooded cars hit the market. None of them want to get caught with reclaimed salvage flood cars. They are expecting them to be recycled and put back into the market. If anyone is thinking of buying a car for the near future they should be VERY careful about what they are actually buying. Even if you get a factory warranty. This advice doesn't just apply to classic cars. a TON of new cars got flooded too.