PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

SoCalDMC12
09-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Howdy Folks,

As some of you may know, I’ve been selling some artwork/accessories on Society6.com (thread in the For Sale section). I’m now thinking of offering products through my own website (www.geoffombao.com), and want to get some opinions about the polo shirt below…

As a car enthusiast:

is a product such as this desirable to you? (For yourself? As a gift?)
Is a polo more desirable than a T-shirt
What colors would interest you?
Would you wear one that featured a car you didn’t own, but might like?
What sizes would interest you?
What colors would interest you?

Unlike the t-shirts on Society6.com, these would not be created “on demand”, so I want to get as much info as possible before I produce a run. Any opinions would be appreciated!

Cheers!

- Geoff

Nate88
09-13-2017, 02:16 PM
is a product such as this desirable to you? (For yourself? As a gift?) I like! I wear Polo's to work so I would order one for myself.
Is a polo more desirable than a T-shirt I like both options
What colors would interest you? I like the gray.
Would you wear one that featured a car you didn’t own, but might like? I'm an owner, so yes!
What sizes would interest you? Large

OverlandMan
09-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Howdy Folks,
As a car enthusiast:

1. is a product such as this desirable to you? (For yourself? As a gift?)
2. Is a polo more desirable than a T-shirt
3. What colors would interest you?
4. Would you wear one that featured a car you didn’t own, but might like?
5. What sizes would interest you?
6. What colors would interest you?

Answers:

1. Yes, probably just for myself
2. Yes, a polo is more desirable. I could wear it to work and church in the summer :)
3. I like light grey, off-white, and dark grey. Black might also work but I'm not a big black polo fan
4. I would only be interested if it were something I owned
5. 2x - I'm a fat boy
6. Same traffic as # 3

SoCalDMC12
09-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Oh, one more question:

People on this forum are obviously DMC fans, but (as car aficionados) probably like other cars as well. Would you find a polo such as this desirable if it featured a car of interest that you do not own?

Thanks for current and future responses!

Dangermouse
09-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Personally I wouldn't.

At a certain point in life you stop being a "fanatic" of other cars.

I would wear one with a D to club meets and car shows knowing that people might notice it and strike up a conversation "hey, do you have a DeLorean". Why, yes I do.

I like Esprits but would never wear one and the answer to the above question would be "no, I just like them" sound odd coming from a person older than about their mid twenties. IMHO of course ;)

And I am referring to a more formal polo look, not a random movie tee.

SoCalDMC12
09-13-2017, 08:49 PM
I like Esprits but would never wear one and the answer to the above question would be "no, I just like them" sound odd coming from a person older than about their mid twenties. IMHO of course ;)

And I am referring to a more formal polo look, not a random movie tee.

Good insight. Around school, MANY students wear shirts with various cars on them that they do not own (Datsun Z, S2000, Porsche, Corvette come to mind). But most are in their 20's... and being a school of car design, the audience is already far more fanatical about cars that the average "car guy".

Michael
09-13-2017, 09:06 PM
Personally I think the polo that DMC Europe sells can't be improved upon. It's the one I'm wearing I'm my avatar. It's just so "in your face" but still handsome. It screams "Hey I got a DeLorean...WORSHIP ME!" but it does it in a mature British accent kind of way. I love all the little details, the buttons are DMC wheels, there is a little DeLorean tail light on the shirt tail, reflective DMC piping on the rear in a gullwing shape just to name a few.

If I had one complaint, the "Europe" on the bottom could go but it does give it a European flair...hence the accent when it screams at you.

SoCalDMC12
09-13-2017, 10:15 PM
Personally I think the polo that DMC Europe sells can't be improved upon. It's the one I'm wearing I'm my avatar. It's just so "in your face" but still handsome. It screams "Hey I got a DeLorean...WORSHIP ME!" but it does it in a mature British accent kind of way. I love all the little details, the buttons are DMC wheels, there is a little DeLorean tail light on the shirt tail, reflective DMC piping on the rear in a gullwing shape just to name a few.

If I had one complaint, the "Europe" on the bottom could go but it does give it a European flair...hence the accent when it screams at you.

From what I can see, that is a pretty nice shirt. However, somethng as detailed as that would be too difficult/costly for me to produce in low volume/low price point.

Lwanmtr
09-14-2017, 05:31 PM
How come its always polo or t-shirts? I'd be more likely if it were a long sleeve shirt, cause around here it gets chilly enough that i wear them more than short sleeves.

Michael
09-14-2017, 07:36 PM
How come its always polo or t-shirts? I'd be more likely if it were a long sleeve shirt, cause around here it gets chilly enough that i wear them more than short sleeves.

I would be all over a tastefully done long sleeve dress shirt. I'm opposite most people, I dress down for work but on me time, going out on a date, etc. I'm always in a dress shirt. I just don't know how many people share my enthusiasm to dress nice when going out.

Shep
09-14-2017, 09:04 PM
Having multiple Geoff products (pillows, a hoodie, two paintings), I do love the polo idea. That said, I would love even more if it was a comfortable kind of polo. The woven fabric ones do nasty things to my sensitive sense of touch. I'm exclusively a "coach polo" kind of guy. Keeps it bearable in 80* office buildings. Like this:

http://www.subispeed.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/85e4522595efc69f496374d01ef2bf13/2/0/2015-rally-polo-subaru_1.jpg

I have a green Subaru polo that is embroidered FYI, so it is doable on that athletic type of fabric. Would love to see that! Heck, would love to wear it on job interviews too. ;)

Fanatic
09-14-2017, 10:55 PM
I'd like to find an 80's themed Delorean t-shirt. Haven't found one I like yet, maybe something with the 80's grid graphics in the background.

Michael
09-14-2017, 11:14 PM
I'd like to find an 80's themed Delorean t-shirt. Haven't found one I like yet, maybe something with the 80's grid graphics in the background.

Do you think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face when I wearin this bad boy?

Shep
09-15-2017, 08:31 AM
Do you think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face when I wearin this bad boy?

53467https://lauraagudelo272.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/funny-chuck-norris-was-here-and-he-chose-scissors-01.jpg

SamHill
09-15-2017, 08:47 AM

For some reason the fabric on that shirt sucks. The collar got very distorted quickly. The Old Navy Delorean shirts held up well and are comfortable.

Shep
09-15-2017, 09:15 AM
For some reason the fabric on that shirt sucks. The collar got very distorted quickly. The Old Navy Delorean shirts held up well and are comfortable. That's why I love the athletic polos. Rare for them to deform. Also, Neatoshop has a TON of DeLorean-themed shirts. Geoff, ever think of selling on Neatoshop? Guys make the best damn quality shirts ever, they've got it down to a science. I've worn some hundreds of times and they still look brand new.

SoCalDMC12
09-15-2017, 02:20 PM
A lot of good insights. Thanks.

I think that polos/tees are marketed more often because they're versatile... even in the winter they can be worn under a sweater. Having said that, I'll look into long sleeved options, and different materials. Since this is going to be a very small enterprise, I'm going to need to keep options to a minimum, and perhaps introduce variations over time. (This is really more a labor of love than a business at this point.)

Just checked out neatoshop... looks interesting. Will contact them for more info, but my goal is to move away from partner retailers and do this on my own.

Again, much thanks, and please keep the insights coming.

DMCVegas
09-15-2017, 07:07 PM

"Come at me with another lame BTTF joke!"

https://i.imgur.com/Vpxx7s0.gif

Rich_NYS
09-15-2017, 08:47 PM
I would be all over a tastefully done long sleeve dress shirt. I'm opposite most people, I dress down for work but on me time, going out on a date, etc. I'm always in a dress shirt. I just don't know how many people share my enthusiasm to dress nice when going out.

Not everyone is drop-dead sexy as you are....some of us look dressed-down even when dressed-up.

Shep
09-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Not everyone is drop-dead sexy as you are....some of us look dressed-down even when dressed-up.He has that Tom Cruise look without the insanity that comes with Tom Cruise. Hard to not appreciate that, even as a straight guy.

Michael
09-15-2017, 11:13 PM
You just can't argue with superior logic. I will not even try.

Fanatic
09-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Michael, where did you see the blue DMC t-shirt? I prefer a t-shirt to show off my massive guns and huge chest!:strongman:

SoCalDMC12
07-17-2018, 01:35 AM
Howdy folks… it’s been a while, but I’m finally getting ready to do a run of this Delorean polo shirt!

I’ve put some of my designs on tee shirts from Society6.com and (more recently) Blipshift.com, but wanted versatile option (car meet, golf course, “corporate casual”) for car enthusiasts. These vendors don’t provide this option, so I’m doing it on my own.

The high quality, embroidered Delorean graphic is easily recognizable, and the polo shirt is 90% cotton/10% Poly, with 3 buttons, and welt sleeve bands. I’m starting off with a Delorean shirt, but will to expand to other makes over time.

My projected price is $34/shirt. If you are interested, please contact me with your size, and expected quantity. This DOES NOT commits you to purchasing… I’m simply using this info to determine inventory. As soon as the shirts are ready for purchase, I’ll make an announcement, and transactions will be handled on my website. Hoping to gather information over the next two weeks, and have them produced in early August.

Cheers!

SoCalDMC12
07-30-2018, 04:10 PM
To those who replied, thanks for your input... the shirts should be available for purchase on my site soon, and I'll post here when the time comes.