PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Conversion to Compressed Natural Gas

lazabby
01-27-2018, 02:03 PM
Some time ago I ran across some information about a Delorean converted to CNG. I attempted to get information but never heard back from the person doing it. If anyone has an interest in this and wants to pursue it further, here is the email information:

"Thank you for your email regarding Mr. Gosai's CNG conversion of his Delorean. I have forwarded your information to Shale Media Group's Executive Assistant, Judith Marody, and she will be in touch with you shortly. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. Thank you.

--Mindy [email protected]
Shale Media Group
150 W. Beau St., Suite 415
Washington, PA 15317
O : ( 412) 540.5093"

Citizen
01-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Could this be VIN 1178 (http://www.citizenkidd.com/DMC/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=1178)?

lazabby
01-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Could this be VIN 1178 (http://www.citizenkidd.com/DMC/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=1178)?

I'm not sure. I think VIN 1178 is in Germany but this other car was done in the US.

Dangermouse
01-29-2018, 11:35 AM
There was an owner in the UK did a conversion too, but had trouble getting it to run correctly. I understand that he sold eh car and the new owner was planning to remove the CNG/LPG components and return to stock.

SamHill
01-29-2018, 01:30 PM
No, but the driver runs on Natural Lite.

chris williams
01-29-2018, 02:01 PM
There was an owner in the UK did a conversion too, but had trouble getting it to run correctly. I understand that he sold eh car and the new owner was planning to remove the CNG/LPG components and return to stock.
Yes this has all been put back to stock now.........However another car has been converted about 2 years ago (by Shell as a promotion for LPG) this car was off the road for 10+ yrs and when re-commissioned it was found to have block rot so is having a re-built engine fitted (I supplied the block) prior to doing some promo work. All being well we will do another write up for the club mag (if it all works!)
Chris