PDA

View Full Version : Door Edge Guard from Amazon

dn010
10-04-2018, 04:24 PM
"Besteek Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding" from Amazon.

$9 for 32 feet of this stuff is perfect for all your stainless edges. There are other brands to choose from at the same price.

Originally purchased to place on the hood as edge guards after a vendor years ago sent me old, brittle NOS strips with completely dried adhesive @ 5X the price; the edge guard worked and fit perfectly. After the hood, I realized this would also work great for the fenders where the wheel well is- my car was missing 3 out of the 4 edge protectors and I've gotten sliced plenty of times without them.

Other uses I've found are inside the doors - save your fingers and wrists from the brutal edges while working inside the door! Looks better than taping the stainless in this area and you can leave it in place for those inevitable future return visits.

DavidProehl
10-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! My hood trim keeps falling off and is cracking as well. I've been trying to decide if I attempt to repair it or replace with something new like this. How thick is this trim? It looks thicker than OEM. The OEM trim is very thin and I'd like to stick with the same look if possible, but OEM trim that falls off is no good to me either.

dn010
10-05-2018, 08:59 AM
I think it is a little bit thicker because it is more of a D shape and I believe the original was more of a U shape. I will take some photos and post them in a few hours to give you an idea what it looks like on the hood.

dn010
10-08-2018, 05:48 PM
Sorry for the long few hours. Photos are below. The trim is flat on the outside, the curved side facing in. The corners could stand to be trimmed a bit better but it looks stock from the outside.

DavidProehl
10-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Looks great! Thanks for following up with photos!

Josh
10-09-2018, 04:30 PM
I did this to my doors several years ago. better than using duct tape.

lazabby
05-22-2019, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=dn010;239441]"Besteek Door Edge Guard/Protected Lining/Trim Molding" from Amazon.

$9 for 32 feet of this stuff is perfect for all your stainless edges. There are other brands to choose from at the same price.

Originally purchased to place on the hood as edge guards after a vendor years ago sent me old, brittle NOS strips with completely dried adhesive @ 5X the price; the edge guard worked and fit perfectly. After the hood, I realized this would also work great for the fenders where the wheel well is- my car was missing 3 out of the 4 edge protectors and I've gotten sliced plenty of times without them.

Other uses I've found are inside the doors - save your fingers and wrists from the brutal edges while working inside the door! Looks better than taping the stainless in this area and you can leave it in place for those inevitable future return visits.

When you installed it around your hood, did you use any kind of adhesive?

dn010
05-22-2019, 05:45 PM
The trim has a strip of foam adhesive that runs down one side of it. You can see it as the gray with red film in the photo of the cross section. This was enough to secure it in place.