PDA

View Full Version : Engine Name this plug!

CFI
11-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Ok DeLorean gurus, I need help. This plug is in the engine bay, on the fire wall behind the drivers seat. Stage II engine. My brothers stock DeLorean does not have this plug. What is it?

Bitsyncmaster
11-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Looks like the pickup coil wire plug. I removed mine and soldered the wires because it was so corroded. Maybe others have done the same.

Michael
11-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Yup coil plug. About 6 or 7 years ago mine refused to start (glad it was parked in my garage). My buddy came over and diagnosed and fixed it in about 10 minutes. Plug was loose.

CFI
11-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Yup coil plug. About 6 or 7 years ago mine refused to start (glad it was parked in my garage). My buddy came over and diagnosed and fixed it in about 10 minutes. Plug was loose.

Interesting. Did DeLorean change the position of this plug during production? I’ll have to double check but I don’t think my brothers car even has a hole there.

DMC-81
11-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Interesting. Did DeLorean change the position of this plug during production? I’ll have to double check but I don’t think my brothers car even has a hole there.

I have a stock engined car in the same approximate vin range as you and I have that plug. I'm not aware that it was changed during production.