PDA

View Full Version : Swedish Automotive Service in Santa Ana

DaraSue
03-11-2019, 01:25 PM
Found this ad in an old DeLorean World mag. 59415

Apparently they're still in business: https://www.theautoservice.net

Has anybody dealt with them? My car is 700 miles away from SoCal at the moment but if they still work on DeLoreans and they're any good, I'll file it away for future reference...

Silverbullet
03-12-2019, 02:45 AM
Don Steger got his start there...Before he opened DMC in Garden Grove

DMCMW Dave
03-12-2019, 10:35 AM
If it is really the same company, they have been out of the DeLorean Business for decades. I don't believe it's any of the same people. Nothing against them, I'd just do your due diligence.

The original back in the 80s was Swedish Auto Service, this one says "formerly Swedish-Asian Auto Service".

You'd have to find someone even more old-timey than me to get the real history of the company.

Delorean Industries
03-12-2019, 10:41 AM
If it is really the same company, they have been out of the DeLorean Business for decades. I don't believe it's any of the same people. Nothing against them, I'd just do your due diligence.

The original back in the 80s was Swedish Auto Service, this one says "formerly Swedish-Asian Auto Service".

You'd have to find someone even more old-timey than me to get the real history of the company.

That person would be Robert Grady. He purchased the remaining inventory from Swedish to end their time in the community years ago.

DMCCADANNY
03-12-2019, 04:39 PM
They don't work on Deloreans any more, they still send them to me (DMC-CA) from time to time.

DaraSue
03-24-2019, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info, everybody! Their site still said it was the original owners so I wondered if there was a shop out there we didn't know about, LOL...