PDA

View Full Version : Mouse trap

Bitsyncmaster
10-06-2019, 06:08 AM
This is a weird review but probably a lot of owners run across a problem with a mouse in your garage. Well so far I've trapped two of them in three days. I first tried the sticky pads but the mouse would just get poop all over the pad so he got away. Photo of mouse active results in my trunk.

AugustneverEnds
10-06-2019, 06:50 AM

Thank you for testing everything for us :)

Timeless
10-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Boom.... :cheers:

steve
10-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Yes Yes Yes did a Vac. and what did I find? How do they get in?

Thank You Dave.

Jonathan
10-06-2019, 11:22 AM
I cleaned up and out plenty of old mouse damage from my car, but thankfully nothing new in the 12 years I’ve had it.

The house I lived in a few years ago was another matter. Sloppy builders not sealing around the A/C lines coming into the basement plus living next to a corn field meant a mice problem. Best thing I found was not to reuse the traps. Something about them being smart enough to smell the remains of their dead buddy and staying away. That means using the old school wood ones with the heavy spring for 99 cents and then throwing the whole thing, dead mouse and all, in the garbage when it goes off.

ritztoys
10-07-2019, 10:46 AM
Fellow owners.....for those of us that store our cars, maybe not in a very secure structure for critters, small cracks, doors not closing properly, etc.

I have used this 'made in China' critter device for a couple of years, it got rid of all critters from squeaky crickets to mice, rats, etc. It takes a few days/weeks to notice any changes, but this sound emitting device works!

Nothing likes to be anywhere near this device, I wasn't sure it would work, but I'm impressed for such a cheap item. No more throwing away a dead critter on a wooden trap!

mhanch
10-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Fellow owners.....for those of us that store our cars, maybe not in a very secure structure for critters, small cracks, doors not closing properly, etc.

I have used this 'made in China' critter device for a couple of years, it got rid of all critters from squeaky crickets to mice, rats, etc. It takes a few days/weeks to notice any changes, but this sound emitting device works!

Nothing likes to be anywhere near this device, I wasn't sure it would work, but I'm impressed for such a cheap item. No more throwing away a dead critter on a wooden trap!

Yes, I've used these for years on my boat for spiders - it really helps.

Josh
10-08-2019, 12:51 PM
I prefer a poison free all natural approach to catching mice:

https://www.thetoyshop.com/medias/532476-Primary-1200Wx1200H?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3wyNTY0MjZ8aW 1hZ2UvcG5nfGltYWdlcy9oZDQvaDk1LzkxMzIxOTE4MDk1NjYu cG5nfDg3NTdmMzY2MWQyMzUxZjhjMzhiZTk1ZjhmMGQ0MTUyOD VkOGMwMGRiNjg0MTQ0OTdlZjJkYjhiY2ZmZjM5NmQ

opethmike
10-08-2019, 01:39 PM
That's clearly an LS swapped mouse trap.

Bruce Johnson
10-08-2019, 02:58 PM
I put a couple slightly opened bags of mothballs under my car and under each of my classics. Smells like grandma's closet but they work, and the smell dissipates when aired out after a few minutes. If you have a cat, used kitty litter sprinkled around the perimeter of your storage area works well too. The critters sense trouble and don't come near.

nkemp
10-09-2019, 10:51 AM
I usually leave some mouse poison around the garage for them (near doors, along the walls). My hope/plan/goal is to "feed" them before they get into anything. So far, so good.

Delorean02378
10-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Dave,

This a great thread and will be useful. I just noticed a mouse night before last and used the old school method which worked perfectly within hours. Swiss cheese. Picture attached for reference.

Bitsyncmaster
10-11-2019, 02:08 PM
Dave,

This a great thread and will be useful. I just noticed a mouse night before last and used the old school method which worked perfectly within hours. Swiss cheese. Picture attached for reference.

I use a little shredded cheese. They seem to like the smell of sharp cheddar.

nkemp
10-12-2019, 09:47 AM
Peppermint oil repels mice. My son lived in a college appartment/house that had mice (surprise, surprise). They put down peppermint oil and it did significantly reduce the mouse population. So ... maybe put peppermint oil in the car and compartments. Note that if they are already in the garage, the oil may not make them move out. And peppermint candy doesn't work.

DMC-Ron
10-13-2019, 12:08 AM
There was a Barn Finder episode where he claimed using fabric softener dryer sheets worked great for repelling mice. Haven't tried them because, first, we have a great mouser cat, and second, don't want my car to smell like fabric softener.

Ron

nkemp
10-13-2019, 09:28 AM
don't want my car to smell like fabric softener.

Ron

A bit off topic ... after so many years, and so many shows with the doors up, my D still has that "DeLorean" smell.

Jimmyvonviggle
10-13-2019, 12:05 PM
This guy will kill everything.