PDA

View Full Version : Got kicked out of my first car show today (sorta)

protodelorean
10-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Drove the D over to the Glenwood Community Center car show this morning. Weather was cold and heavy mist so I was iffy on whether I would actually register or not. (Not to mention, the show was overpriced at $18.) So I pull up and there are only 21 cars. Figured I'd park across the lot and just walk over to see what was there. About a dozen muscle cars, half dozen pre-1940's and several tuners (new from last year). Before I could get back to my the D, it had already drawn a small crowd. So I opened it up, showed the folks the interior, engine, etc. Answered a few questions, gave out a few Hot Wheels to the little ones that were standing there. Total time, MAYBE 15 minutes.

At that point, I see 50 something woman approaching (I knew where this was going). She politely introduced herself as the director of the community center and explained this was a fund-raiser. Told her I' knew that and that I'd actually attended last year and intended on registering this year, but by the time I arrived, what appeared to be registration trailer was already closed and it looked like the judges were already finished. She said she "thinks" they're still judging and that she'd received several complaints that "they'd paid and I was showing my car for free". I simply responded that they were registered and therefore could get a trophy whereby I was not and had no chance of a trophy. She didn't say anything. She then walked away and I started up the D and left.

It's a shame. Better weather or $10 entrance fee and I'd have definitely registered. Knowing now the kind of whiny &!+^#es that attend this show I doubt I'll go back. Oh well.

Ron
10-01-2011, 11:20 PM
'Some people', eh?
Ah, forget the &!+^#es, you go there for the kids, and maybe a trophy, anyway ;-)

rundmc
10-20-2011, 05:20 PM
These types are everywhere, and most of them ARE 50-something women on the fast track to being blue-haired muggle types. It's a shame people are so lousy.