PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stove Pipe connection

TheStoot
10-16-2020, 07:50 AM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if the metal plate on the exhaust manifold where the stove pipe connects to acts as some sort of heat shield or can it just be removed if I went to the straight cold air intake tube? I get a metal rattling when the engine is revving up before i shift gears and I think it's due to that metal plate rattling around a bit. Can i just remove it without worries?

Thanks!

WHO1DMC
10-16-2020, 09:06 AM
It is a heat sheald for the starter. Know mine has been eliminated and the starter is wrapped in a starter heat shield blanket with no problems.

Dave B.

Bitsyncmaster
10-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if the metal plate on the exhaust manifold where the stove pipe connects to acts as some sort of heat shield or can it just be removed if I went to the straight cold air intake tube? I get a metal rattling when the engine is revving up before i shift gears and I think it's due to that metal plate rattling around a bit. Can i just remove it without worries?

Thanks!

I removed mine for the same rattle and have had no problems. I have stock exhaust. I seem to remember the stove is above the exhaust so it's not protecting the starter if so.

TheStoot
10-16-2020, 12:01 PM
I removed mine for the same rattle and have had no problems. I have stock exhaust. I seem to remember the stove is above the exhaust so it's not protecting the starter if so.

Thanks Dave, good to know!

WHO1DMC
10-16-2020, 12:03 PM
You are correct Dave. I forgot that the stove and starter shield aren't connected. I have headers so all that has been removed.

Dave B.