PDA

View Full Version : DMCH new online store launch

DMCH James
12-09-2020, 03:00 PM
It was long overdue, but our new store is live - lots of new features including:

Updated, larger parts diagrams
Improved visual parts finder
Larger, full color product photos
Complete phone and web order history back to 2007
More intuitive part names
Live inventory on-hand tracking for more than 3.5 million parts
Updated wish list functionality
Product reviews
Improved gift card options

If you have placed an order with us since 2016, we carried your account over to the new store, but you'll need to set a new password. If you're not sure of the email address associated with your account, get a hold of Crystal ([email protected]) and she can help. If you've not placed an order since then, create a new online account and we can link it to your previous order history so you have it all in one place.

As a general rule of thumb, if it is "out of stock" but DOES HAVE a price, it's a short term out of stock item. If it DOES NOT HAVE a price, it's a longer term out of stock item. Either way, you have the ability to be notified when it comes back in stock or even if the price drops at all.

Our parts photographer got interrupted by COVID, but we're hoping to get him in to wrap up a lot of the larger stuff that he was unable to complete in a "work from home" environment.

Comments, suggestions welcome...

Patrick C
12-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Looks great, James! A very worthwhile upgrade. I like being able to go back and view so many of my old order histories.

Mark D
12-09-2020, 03:18 PM
Thanks to you and your team for the time and effort to make these upgrades. I've been playing around on the new site and really like the changes. The ability to click on each bubble number and have it pull up the corresponding part is particularly helpful. The wish list functionality is also well done... I may just have to throw a few last minute Christmas ideas in there and send it to a few people who have been asking.

DMCH James
12-09-2020, 04:09 PM
Another neat thing is you can click on the blue bubble in the list of parts at the bottom and it will jump back to the diagram and flash red to see where it is on the page.

Thanks for the kind words - we still have some plans for more features, but "scope creep" and COVID forced us to put those off until we can get into Q1/Q2.

Thanks to you and your team for the time and effort to make these upgrades. I've been playing around on the new site and really like the changes. The ability to click on each bubble number and have it pull up the corresponding part is particularly helpful. The wish list functionality is also well done... I may just have to throw a few last minute Christmas ideas in there and send it to a few people who have been asking.

DMCH James
12-09-2020, 04:12 PM
Glad you like it - thank you.

While all the orders - web and phone - were in our offline system, it always bugged me and it was an inconvenience to have not be able to access them online. A long-range dream is to get into the system we used prior to 2007 and find a away to add that data, too...but there's other low-hanging fruit to be picked before that can happen.

Looks great, James! A very worthwhile upgrade. I like being able to go back and view so many of my old order histories.

Mark D
12-09-2020, 04:27 PM
Another neat thing is you can click on the blue bubble in the list of parts at the bottom and it will jump back to the diagram and flash red to see where it is on the page.

Thanks for the kind words - we still have some plans for more features, but "scope creep" and COVID forced us to put those off until we can get into Q1/Q2.

I had to go back and try out that feature now that you mentioned it. That is also a nice feature for bouncing back and forth between the parts list and diagram. Also cool to hear about additional upgrades in the future.

When I take my car out for a drive people commonly ask if it is hard to get parts or want to know if I can just go to the regular auto parts store. My answer typically includes some reference to delorean.com and people are surprised to hear how easy it is to access parts diagrams to find exactly what you need.

For a low production, oddball car pushing 40 years old we've got it pretty good in terms of parts availability.

DMC-81
12-09-2020, 04:39 PM

James and team: These are excellent enhancements to the parts store website!! I like the improved parts diagram with functionality. Very nice work! :hihi:

As a project manager, I know scope creep is tough to rein in.

Congratulations!

CyberBill
12-09-2020, 05:20 PM
This all looks amazing! I wish I would have had this a year ago!

Ron
12-09-2020, 06:12 PM
:thumbup: Nice job!

Michael
12-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Nicely done!! My favorite section these days is the gifts and accessories department.

PS: Any word on making any more lighted single keys?

BladeBronson
12-09-2020, 09:58 PM
Wow, this is incredible! I don't know what it's like to own other rare 40 year old cars, but I'm guessing it's not as good as this!

DMCH James
12-10-2020, 08:31 AM
I think that's a good way of putting it. I have 3 older cars ('85 Avanti, '90 Jag XJS, and a '90 JDM Toyota Sera). There is really nothing like this for those cars. Thanks!

Wow, this is incredible! I don't know what it's like to own other rare 40 year old cars, but I'm guessing it's not as good as this!

DMCH James
12-10-2020, 08:32 AM
So do we! :)

This all looks amazing! I wish I would have had this a year ago!

DMCH James
12-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Thanks, Dana! One of the other things I forgot to mention was that we contracted with a technical illustrator to create new parts drawings specifically for things that we've added over the years. A couple of my favorite examples are the fuel module page (https://store.delorean.com/parts/fuel-emissions/2-1-1-fuel-pump-sender-module.html) and also the steering column page (https://store.delorean.com/parts/suspension-steering/5-2-1-steering-column-power-steering-unit.html) where we added the power steering and other parts. Tail lights, radio, front suspension also had changes but all in all we probably did about another 60-70 new drawings.

Now that is over, next on my list it to update the printed version of the manual!

James and team: These are excellent enhancements to the parts store website!! I like the improved parts diagram with functionality. Very nice work! :hihi:

As a project manager, I know scope creep is tough to rein in.

Congratulations!

DMCH James
12-10-2020, 08:50 AM
Nicely done!! My favorite section these days is the gifts and accessories department.

PS: Any word on making any more lighted single keys?

Thank you! Now that this project is out of the way (for the most part, at least) I am hopeful that we'll see these keys come around in 2021.

Timeless
12-10-2020, 09:15 AM
Fantastic! Great work :cheers:

CFI
12-10-2020, 12:43 PM
Excellent work! It’s much nicer than before. I’m glad to see some effort put into creating a better experience for DeLorean owners.

orangecrrrush
12-10-2020, 02:30 PM
I shoulda held my recent order a few days to test the new site! :) Love the order history, and site seems faster as well.

Adam

DMCH James
12-10-2020, 04:02 PM
Thanks! PS- does the Oakville reference mean the suburb of STL?

Fantastic! Great work :cheers:

Thank you! The old store certainly showed it's age...who knows what ecommerce will look like in another 13 years?

Excellent work! It’s much nicer than before. I’m glad to see some effort put into creating a better experience for DeLorean owners.

Speed was also something we wanted to improve on, as we enter ALL orders - phone, walk-in, fax (yes, fax!) and even the occasional snail mail order all via the same interface that you do.

I shoulda held my recent order a few days to test the new site! :) Love the order history, and site seems faster as well.

mr_maxime
12-10-2020, 07:35 PM
When I take my car out for a drive people commonly ask if it is hard to get parts or want to know if I can just go to the regular auto parts store. My answer typically includes some reference to delorean.com and people are surprised to hear how easy it is to access parts diagrams to find exactly what you need.

For a low production, oddball car pushing 40 years old we've got it pretty good in terms of parts availability.

Exactly. I didnt know shit about cars when i got my delorean, but it was super easy to find parts cause i just had to know where it was. This is so much better.

AussieDMC
12-11-2020, 03:23 AM
It was a nice surprise to go to the online store a few days ago and see the update. A huge improvement over the old system which I found quite laborious to use. I love how you can now click on the part and it gives you a price, description and photo without having to scroll right through a long list of parts. I worked for Mercedes parts for years and their parts catalogue works in a similar way. Great work and I look forward to using the new system again.

mark w
12-11-2020, 11:26 PM
this is awesome Thanks James and everyone at DeLorean Motor Company for the hard work- we will all benefit from this for years to come.