PDA

View Full Version : General Update on DeLorean Motors Reimagined and Alpha5?

BladeBronson
08-19-2023, 03:23 PM
It?s now been a year since the Alpha5 was shown at Pebble Beach. It?s made an appearances in Fast X and the Petersen Museum. I seem to recall a management shakeup and a reduction in planned units. What?s the latest? If any of you have paid them anything, are you getting updates?

? ? ? ?
08-19-2023, 04:57 PM
Other than the lawsuit from Karma, the only other news is that production will supposedly start in 2024 and it will launch as a 2025 model year.

https://www.hotcars.com/delorean-alpha5-everything-we-know/

JBaker4981
08-24-2023, 04:17 PM
Alpha 5? It's all just one big fart in the wind.

Timeless
08-25-2023, 07:33 AM
Alpha 5? It's all just one big fart in the wind.
Not a fan of that Alpha 5 aka DaVinci. Any worthwhile successor to the original needs to have a stainless body and gullwing doors, at minimum. As an Ital Design DaVinci - let it be that.
Too bad the original body die situation is a disaster....

Michael
08-25-2023, 10:09 AM
The Alpha V was BS from the start and we all knew it.

At least they made a prototype albeit a rebadged existing car.

Kat's car was BS that never made it out of the bull...and we all knew it.

Iznodmad
08-26-2023, 01:33 PM
I?ve heard some rumblings that the deposits are gone and the ones that put the money up are out the deposit money. Remember the slogan??it was never promised!

Michael
08-26-2023, 02:38 PM
I?ve heard some rumblings that the deposits are gone and the ones that put the money up are out the deposit money. Remember the slogan??it was never promised!

The deposits were not deposits on the car. I read the contract which states the first payments are to join the club, the second payment which I think was $5k for holding places and non refundable but applicable to the purchase price of the car and the price has yet to be disclosed.

AugustneverEnds
08-26-2023, 10:51 PM
History does seem to operate on repeat, evidently more than one analyst suggested spending money on "wine, women, and song..." rather than investing in JZD's DeLorean Motor Company as you would, "...get the same return and have more fun...". Actually you probably came out ever so slightly ahead with the real DMC as that investment was in a research and design tax shelter so at least you got a tax write off. So now your money only gets you on some Reimagined mailing list and a spot in line for their non-road legal piece of anonymity. I guess that's supposed to be.... progress?

JBaker4981
08-28-2023, 09:27 AM
Least we forget that the Alpha5 was classified by DOT as an "Off-Road Use Only" vehicle. If it wasn't dead from the get-go, that sealed its fate last year.

Again.... just a fart in the wind.

ssdelorean
08-29-2023, 11:07 AM
A few YEARS ago I signed up to be put on an email list with updates on the "new delorean" (not sure which iteration, definitely before the Alpha) and to this day, still... not one, single email with any info. Sigh.

David T
08-29-2023, 06:02 PM
History does seem to operate on repeat, evidently more than one analyst suggested spending money on "wine, women, and song..." rather than investing in JZD's DeLorean Motor Company as you would, "...get the same return and have more fun...". Actually you probably came out ever so slightly ahead with the real DMC as that investment was in a research and design tax shelter so at least you got a tax write off. So now your money only gets you on some Reimagined mailing list and a spot in line for their non-road legal piece of anonymity. I guess that's supposed to be.... progress?

It is said history does not repeat but it rhymes. The other saying is I spent most of my money on wine, women and song, the rest I wasted. Investing in these schemes is akin to gambling. At least with these things you can take it as a deduction off your taxes (assuming you make enough elsewhere). Anyway investors should know it was a high risk investment, not like Enron at all!

AugustneverEnds
08-29-2023, 08:35 PM
It is said history does not repeat but it rhymes. The other saying is I spent most of my money on wine, women and song, the rest I wasted. Investing in these schemes is akin to gambling. At least with these things you can take it as a deduction off your taxes (assuming you make enough elsewhere). Anyway investors should know it was a high risk investment, not like Enron at all!

I have never heard the first saying before, I like it! Enron, good Lord, there's a subject I used to read extensively about. Perhaps Colin Chapman and Ken Lay wound up as neighbors in Latin America :lol: