PDA

View Full Version : Remote Zilla Operation?

DeloreanJoshQ
05-30-2011, 09:25 PM
My car is equipped with Lockzilla and Remotezilla.

The remote has the unlock and lock button as well as two other buttons that are not currently in use.

Since I have been driving the car I have been experiencing intermittent operation of the remote. Most of the time when I press the lock button it works; sometimes I will keep pushing the lock button and nothing happens(the light blinks on the remote and that's it).
Often when I hit the unlock button, nothing happens(light blinks on remote and that's it).

What could be the problem here?

Also, what other functions does the remotezilla do? One time I had the remote in my pocket and must have pushed a combination of buttons and the lights started flashing and I heard a light chime sound...what is that?

Thanks!

Josh Q

ssdelorean
05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
I posted the Zilla instructions to the dmctalk.COM Resources forum area. I will send you PDFs when I get home tonight.

DeloreanJoshQ
05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
I posted the Zilla instructions to the dmctalk.COM Resources forum area. I will send you PDFs when I get home tonight.

Thanks man!

DeloreanJoshQ
06-02-2011, 08:36 PM
No response from Bob Zilla yet...

However, I have figured out that the doors will always unlock if I press and hold both the lock and unlock button at the same time for more than a few seconds. The lock button seems to work 99% of the time...the unlock button less than half the time....so for now I will just press both buttons to unlock the doors.....

alvanjudson
08-28-2012, 12:18 AM
No response from Bob Zilla yet...

However, I have figured out that the doors will always unlock if I press and hold both the lock and unlock button at the same time for more than a few seconds. The lock button seems to work 99% of the time...the unlock button less than half the time....so for now I will just press both buttons to unlock the doors.....

I just bought my '81 (Vin 5220) and inherited a lockzilla. On the bench, the lockzilla works fine but my remote key fob (which has a brand new battery and lights up just fine when I press any one of the 4 buttons) won't talk to the receiver unit. The PDF reprogramming instructions off the web refer to a pair of buttons "under the receiver unit accessed by removing paper circles". These don't exist on my receiver unit but somewhere else I read that the receiver's unconnected yellow wire is used for reprogramming the transmitter and receiver. Does anyone know the procedure for reprogramming using the yellow wire? Thks in advance.