PDA

View Full Version : Electrical trunk light

jfirios
11-13-2011, 06:42 PM
So I started a project to start all my accent/show lighting. The door lights and the footwell lights are in, (Thank you forum for the wires to tap into the dome light) Now I installed two neon tubes in the trunk compartment and ran the wires though the body and tapped into the wires that I thought went up to the light, but didnt realize that I had to tap into them past the plunger switch. DUH. So, trying to remove the plunger and run the wireing through the hood is a PAIN. There is no spare length of wire to play with. I am thinking of just pulling all the old wire out and running new wire through the hood, though I don;t know how much of a pain that will be. I am thinking of just working backwards, pulling the new wireing through the hole for the light and going that way. Has anyone else done that?

Ron
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
... but didnt realize that I had to tap into them past the plunger switch. DUH.???

jfirios
11-13-2011, 10:55 PM
when you lift the front hood up there is the litte while button that turns that center light on and off, I spliced behind it not in front of it.