PDA

View Full Version : DCS 2012 "I'm registered" List

sean
11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
If you like, Post your real name and we will get a running list of who is going to be there:

DMC6960 - Jim Reeve from MN
John 05141 - Jan Indekeu from Belgium
tyb323 - Tyler Butler from Maryland
ydjk58 - from Williamsport PA
Bikercmbc - Kyle from Knoxville, TN
Bill - Blll from Massachusetts
Morpheus - Brandon from Orlando Fl
MartyP - From Quebec Canada

ydjk58
01-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Ill be there. Just registered this week. Anyone want to convoy down. Im departing from Williamsport, PA. Real name. James whited. Planning on driving 3639 downloaded

Bitsyncmaster
01-22-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm waiting to get my tax return back to register. As always this time of year the checking account is running near the red.

eagle-co94
01-22-2012, 06:55 AM
I won't be registering until the last minute because I'll be re-entering the stateside job market in April and don't know if I'll end up at some school or training academy for the government or military at that time. Really hoping to be able to make it!

Bikercmbc
01-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Just registered, dont know if ill be driving or trailering my car down, but it will definately be there.

ccurzio
01-23-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm toying with the idea of going. I'd like to see the speakers and all, but it doesn't look to be much more than that. So the "against" side is telling me there doesn't seem to be a point.

I don't know much about this thing, but the website doesn't have a whole lot. It seems like it's mostly a meet-and-greet and various Q&A panels with people and that's about it.

Anyone want to talk me into it? I wouldn't mind a second Orlando outing this year if it's worth it.

Bill
01-24-2012, 08:06 AM
We will be bringing the BTTF 3 car down to Orlando for the show, it will be our first time attending and the first time the car has ever been shown on the east coast. The car will be displayed in the hotel at the BTTF.com table with Stephen Clark. We hope to be able to move it around during the show so everyone can have a look at it! We will also be offering the opportunity to have your picture taken with it for a minimal fee, with all profits going to the Michael J. Fox Parkinsons Research Foundation. Hope to see you all there!:thumbup:
Bill and Patrick

Chris Burns
01-24-2012, 08:53 AM
We will be bringing the BTTF 3 car down to Orlando for the show, it will be our first time attending and the first time the car has ever been shown on the east coast. The car will be displayed in the hotel at the BTTF.com table with Stephen Clark. We hope to be able to move it around during the show so everyone can have a look at it! We will also be offering the opportunity to have your picture taken with it for a minimal fee, with all profits going to the Michael J. Fox Parkinsons Research Foundation. Hope to see you all there!:thumbup:
Bill and Patrick

SWEET! Can't wait to see it

dvonk
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
+1. :headbang:

Iznodmad
01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Anyone want to talk me into it? I wouldn't mind a second Orlando outing this year if it's worth it.

If you are a serious DeLorean fanatic, then nobody should have to talk you into it. If you are a casual owner and you are just in it for yourself, then maybe it's not for you. I have been attending DCS since 2000 and there is nothing else like it. Some of the most fun to me is simply walking around the parking lot and talking with other owners and checking out the cars. If you like local tech sessions and gatherings, this is just a very huge and "formal" one. You also get the chance to see, touch, and feel all kinds of parts and purchase them without paying for shipping. You get a chance to see perfect show cars, rare cars such as Proto 1, and now the actual BTTF 3 screen used car. The website is generic b/c DCS is what you make of it. Go in with a bad outlook and you will have a bad time. Hope to see you there, and if not, just enjoy the pictures that will be posted here and everywhere else.

tyb323
01-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Bill and Patrick

Awesome! I look forward to seeing all that hard work in person and meeting you all. You seem like true DeLorean fanatics!

Bill
01-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Awesome! I look forward to seeing all that hard work in person and meeting you all. You seem like true DeLorean fanatics!

That sounds great! Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself, this is gonna be great!!!!

ccurzio
01-26-2012, 09:26 AM
If you are a serious DeLorean fanatic, then nobody should have to talk you into it. If you are a casual owner and you are just in it for yourself, then maybe it's not for you. I have been attending DCS since 2000 and there is nothing else like it. Some of the most fun to me is simply walking around the parking lot and talking with other owners and checking out the cars. If you like local tech sessions and gatherings, this is just a very huge and "formal" one. You also get the chance to see, touch, and feel all kinds of parts and purchase them without paying for shipping. You get a chance to see perfect show cars, rare cars such as Proto 1, and now the actual BTTF 3 screen used car. The website is generic b/c DCS is what you make of it. Go in with a bad outlook and you will have a bad time. Hope to see you there, and if not, just enjoy the pictures that will be posted here and everywhere else.

This is an excellent post, and pretty much exactly what I was looking to get in an answer. Thanks for replying.

aludden
01-30-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm going! Working like mad to get my D in shape before then! :wrenchin:

Morpheus
02-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Laura and I just registered, can't wait to see everyone!

Jeremy Popp
02-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Registered... first time my D isn't coming with me. We're flying in.

Nicholas R
02-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered... first time my D isn't coming with me. We're flying in.

LAME! ::wink:

As long as my car is back on the road I'll be making the trek from Cincinnati down to Orlando.

MartyP
02-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered, but I'm flying too.

If the next one is a little closer, I'll drive !

dmc6960
02-23-2012, 11:57 AM
As an effort to save costs, I am opening up an offer to share my room at the Hilton. I have the basic twin room (two queen beds). Preferable someone who does not smoke or snore loudly . The noise and smell would drive me nuts. Also if your looking for a lift to get down to DCS, and your approximately in between Minnesota and Florida, carpooling can be arranged as well. I plan to be there Thursday through Sunday.

PM if interested.

whocruiser
02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Looks like my wife won't be coming along so I'm also expecting to be looking for roommates to share the hotel room and save us all some $$$. Have the standard room with 2 queen beds and am willing to share with up to 3 others of any age, sex, or inclination who have no hang ups about sharing a room and/or a bed with fellow economically minded Delorean fans. I don't smoke (nor do ANY Florida hotels allow it in the rooms anyway) but I do snore so I'll happily take the fellow noisemakers so we don't keep Jim awake next door, LOL (and I always pack extra sets of disposable foam earplugs should anyone want them.) Will be driving the Delorean up from the Fort Lauderdale area should any carless folk along the way need both a ride and a bed. Please contact me directly at [email protected] if interested to discuss things further.

eagle-co94
02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't think I'll need lodging, but if I'm up and running in time do you want to caravan up?

whocruiser
02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think I'll need lodging, but if I'm up and running in time do you want to caravan up?

If you're ready to go by then and our schedules agree, then I'm up for starting a caravan with any other SoFla owners as well. Safety (and startled gawkers!) in numbers...
:rollin:

Evildeli
02-27-2012, 09:33 AM
The wife and I registered last night.

thirdmanj
03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm doing the tally and figuring out the finances for my trip. Once I get into hotels it's gonna get kinda steep for me. Is there anyway I could "share" someone's hotel room? I'd be more thank happy to pitch in for the room too. Please PM me if you'd be willing to accommodate.

Regards,
James T.

whocruiser
03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm doing the tally and figuring out the finances for my trip. Once I get into hotels it's gonna get kinda steep for me. Is there anyway I could "share" someone's hotel room? I'd be more thank happy to pitch in for the room too. Please PM me if you'd be willing to accommodate.

Regards,
James T.

PM sent, awaiting your reply :-)

aludden
03-04-2012, 02:46 PM

Regards,
James T.

If you're OK with not being in the main hotel, I found a room on Expedia at the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, 1.5 miles away for $59+tax. You may want to check it out.

dmc6960
03-06-2012, 11:40 PM
As an effort to save costs, I am opening up an offer to share my room at the Hilton.

The roommate position has been filled. AND I'm going 800 miles out of the way to pick the guy up! The furthest traveled in a DeLorean award is going to be all mine! :evil3:

adam_knox
03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
The Mrs. and I will be there. So excited! I have yet to see a Delorean that's not behind a rope! Hoping to be able to sit in one to make sure I fit in it!

dvonk
04-18-2012, 09:02 PM
i finally got around to registering for myself and my girlfriend.

it will be the first time ive seen a DeLorean in 12 years, so im pretty excited. :hihi2:

adam_knox
04-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Dvonk, are you road tripping it? Will we see the blue car?

dvonk
04-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Dvonk, are you road tripping it? Will we see the blue car?

the girlfriend's relatives had an excess of frequent flier miles, so they let us use them for plane tickets--generous!

i love road tripping, but the '58 Buick wouldnt make it that far at the moment, shes more of a running project car (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6JnKtIatsg). (turn up the volume)

if youre interested in seeing photos, let me know and i will make a photo album. :smile:

Dracula
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
According to a letter I received in the mail today, I will be able to attend DCS after all! It's on the end of bittersweet news, but it's something I've been expecting since I was declined from attending OCS last July.

See you all in June; I'll be the guy with the top hat.

Chris Burns
04-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Chad!

dvonk
04-19-2012, 11:53 PM
See you all in June; I'll be the guy with the top hat.

Bully! :fancy:

Delorean02378
05-07-2012, 08:10 AM
My son, neice, wife and I are registered! See everyone in 5 weeks.

Kirk
Vanessa
Karson
Augusta

Nashville, TN

Vin# 02378-15500

Iznodmad
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
I registered yesterday. I hope it went through b/c the screen went white after I put in all the info an I didn't see a receipt page.

whocruiser
05-26-2012, 06:21 PM
It's official, I paid for mine last night.

Still recruiting potential roommates to share the co$t of the hotel room, anyone interested please contact me privately by either PM or e-mail...

Ashyukun
05-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Forget whether I posted earlier or not, but I'll be there with 16655 (carrying a bicycle). I've had the hotel room since the block opened up, but only actually registered in the last few weeks...

Chris Burns
06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
I just registered for DCS!!:bigclap:

I will be there Thurs, Fri, and Saturday for the show. Won't be able to go to the awards dinner, but I will be there for most of the show.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing all the bad ass Deloreans!!

DMage
06-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm registered as well, woo!

steve6864
06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Just registered this week.My car(6864) is trying to talk me out of it by having some annoying problems,broken door handle on the outside and getting me stuck on the inside.I`ve got a week to do quite a few things to it to get it ready.Driving in short stretches of 4 hours at a time as to not tax anything,but,I`ve taken quite few trips and it has never stranded me.By the way,the hotel is cheaper at Hotels.com than calling and asking for the car show rate.

Lenny
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Me too, see everyone in a couple of weeks.

I'm coming in Friday and Leaving Sunday.

Dangermouse
06-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Don't want to Jinx it, but I AM REGISTERED

Hi-Jacking Seans thread starter, as it is unlikely to be updated :9

29 DMCTalkers so far:

From this thread

John 05141 - Jan Indekeu from Belgium
tyb323 - Tyler Butler from Maryland
ydjk58 – James Whited from Williamsport PA + driving D
Bikercmbc - Kyle from Knoxville, TN + D
Bill - Blll from Massachusetts + BTTF3 car
Morpheus - Brandon from Orlando Fl
MartyP - From Quebec Canada
Aludden – Alex from TN
Jeremy Popp – from Carlisle OH
Nicholas R – Nicholas from OH + driving LS1 D
Whocruiser – from FL
Evildeli – Sanford FL
Adam Knox – from ??
Dvonk – David from Omaha
Dracula – Chad from WI
Chris Burns – from Jax FL
DeLorean02378 – Kirk from Nashville TN
Iznodmad – Darren from Lexington NC
Ashyukun - from Lexington KY + driving D
Dmage – Derek from Orlando FL
Steve6864 – from ???
Lenny – Lenny from FL
Dangermouse – Dermot from Atlanta

Others not specifically here
Stevedmc – Steve from LA
Banned – Bill Robertson from NC
Nick Sutton – from Belfast
Delorean12uk – from UK
Alan Hammond – from UK

dmc6960
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Don't want to Jinx it, but I AM REGISTERED

From this thread

AHEM.....

DMC6960 - Jim Reeve from MN + Driving D

Iznodmad
06-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Iznodmad – Darren from Lexington NC

Steve6864 – from ???

I am driving #16128 to DCS, assuming it gets here on time. BTW, Steve6864 is Steve from Asheville NC, he is driving his D as well.

Malevy
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I'd love to print the DMCTalk screen names on the badges, but I don't think I will have the time.. But in case I do, let me know if you want me to do this (specifically for YOU).

No promises, but if I have the time I will.

Iznodmad
06-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I'd love to print the DMCTalk screen names on the badges, but I don't think I will have the time.. But in case I do, let me know if you want me to do this (specifically for YOU).

No promises, but if I have the time I will.

That would be great! I was just thinking of writing my DMCTalk stuff down in Sharpie on the back, but it would look better if printed.

Morpheus
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
DMCTalk names are a great idea... If you have time, of course.

Malevy
06-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I should be running the badges tonight, so before I do I will check back on this thread and see who all wants that done.

The process uses a MailMerge to generate the badges, so I should be able to manually edit an individual badge before I print them.

Make it clear WHO YOU ARE (real name).. One of my dislikes about DMCTalk is the lack of real name-> screen name mapping/clarity. :)

dmc6960
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I should be running the badges tonight, so before I do I will check back on this thread and see who all wants that done.

Then I'll put my request in here as well then! Jim Reeve - DMC6960.

Bitsyncmaster
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Dave McKeen....BITSYNCMASTER

In the past, I have just added my DMCtalk name to my badge via a dymo label.

Dangermouse
06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Pm sent

EdFerri
06-04-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm now registered! See ya guys soon!

john 05141
06-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Ok for me.
I will make Dymo print as well.

John

Lenny
06-05-2012, 08:31 AM
I'd like my name, oops it's the same as my first name :hysterical:

But how about my avatar. I recognized most people by their avatar.

Malevy
06-05-2012, 09:33 AM
After being up till 3AM this morning trying to get the template to line up properly, I decided to not do the final print. I will try again tonight, so that gives everyone a few more hours to put in their requests to have the screen name on the badges.

Lenny
06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I have a favor to ask, My Granddaughter Alexis Smith may be coming with me Can you please print our a name tag for her in case she comes. I'll pay for whatever she needs to attend with me.

Just in case I'd like her to have a name tag as a souvenir

The process uses a MailMerge to generate the badges, so I should be able to manually edit an individual badge before I print them.

Make it clear WHO YOU ARE (real name).. One of my dislikes about DMCTalk is the lack of real name-> screen name mapping/clarity. :)

AdmiralSenn
06-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered and ready. 95% sure I'm not bringing 3416.

MartyP
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I wanted to register yesterday.

I have some questions:

For the thursday night, what's the difference between the 25$ and the +47$ except for the buffet dinner ?

I am registering for the friday and saturday complete package, but I was wodering about thursday ?

Thanks !

As soon as I have the answer I<ll register for me and my GF.

I cant wait !!!!!

Malevy
11-21-2013, 01:14 PM
May be better if we start a new thread for DCS14??

Not sure what you mean by $25 for Thursday night? For each of the events, it is a yes or no.. no options.

MartyP
11-22-2013, 09:50 PM
I meant the difference between paying only 25$ and the 47$ for the thursday event, but I figured out the 25$ was for the organisation and the 47$ was for the diner and tour.

I'm officially registered for 2.

D Knight
06-05-2014, 07:14 PM
I'm registered and driving my car too

-D Knight-

Nicholas R
06-05-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm registered and driving my car too

-D Knight-

You're a little late...

NightFlyer
06-05-2014, 10:18 PM