PDA

View Full Version : malevy or LEVY???

Malevy
11-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Just an FYI. There is someone on this message board with the handle "LEVY". It has come to my attention that some people think this is me. I don't know who they are, but I know who I am.. and I am "malevy", and I have been (at least in the DeLorean community) since 1992.

Nothing against him/her as I don't know anything about them- Just wanted anyone who cares to know it is NOT ME.

I don't spend too much time on DMCTalk, so best to catch me by direct email or on Facebook.

SamHill
11-18-2011, 11:50 PM
I was a tad confused. Not unusual, that.

LEVY
11-19-2011, 01:34 AM

This is Levy and not "Malevy"!

Been on this forum and also on the old forum under the very same name, first time I hear your name so, not that I try to impersonate you, if you have reason to believe otherwise, please explain.

Levy

Just an FYI. There is someone on this message board with the handle "LEVY". It has come to my attention that some people think this is me. I don't know who they are, but I know who I am.. and I am "malevy", and I have been (at least in the DeLorean community) since 1992.

Nothing against him/her as I don't know anything about them- Just wanted anyone who cares to know it is NOT ME.

I don't spend too much time on DMCTalk, so best to catch me by direct email or on Facebook.

sean
11-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Yeah, Levy has been here a while since .Com days. Obviously malevy != levy and now folks have this confirmation. Ive actually recieved PMs about this and assured folks they are not the same. I will say this, I have also recieved PMs from folks very happy with Levy's transmission kits he is selling.

Malevy
11-19-2011, 08:26 AM

This is Levy and not "Malevy"!

Been on this forum and also on the old forum under the very same name, first time I hear your name so, not that I try to impersonate you, if you have reason to believe otherwise, please explain.

Levy

I did NOT say you were TRYING to impersonate me... Why would you say that? Are you?

How do you get LEVY from [admin edit]? (I am told that is your name)

Marc Levy *IS* my name.

DMCVegas
11-19-2011, 09:38 AM
I did NOT say you were TRYING to impersonate me... Why would you say that? Are you?

How do you get LEVY from[admin edit] ? (I am told that is your name)

Marc Levy *IS* my name.

We need to "Farrar" this, STAT!. Both of you upload videos of yourselves explaining how to pronounce your names so we can tell you two apart.

Dangermouse
11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
But Mike still = Sean :)

Delorean Industries
11-19-2011, 01:07 PM
This went full circle last night when I thought Marc was loosing his mind on facebook. I thought that Levy was in fact Marc and I was discussing purchasing the trans kits etc with someone else.

My mistake! I had no idea until it was cleared up.

stevedmc
11-19-2011, 01:16 PM
It looks like it's time for someone to turn in their internets card.

Malevy
11-19-2011, 06:57 PM
It is not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear that we are not the same person.

For some reason "LEVY" took offense to all of this.. Frankly I don't like the tone of the PM's I have received from him.

Whattever, does not matter all that much.. It was more like those classified ad's that people publish when they get divorced "I am not responsible for blah blah blah".

LEVY
11-20-2011, 10:24 AM

The reason I'm posting my PM's is just to make it clear, no bad taste PM's sent to you! Bellow PMs are the only PM's sent to you by me, did not responded to your last, agressive PM.

Now, I believe PM's should be kept private, that is the reason I don't post your responses, what about you posting your unedited responses? Never mind, let's "End" the story here!

This is getting out of hand, that is why I called it: End of Story!

My first PM to Malevy:

Malevy,

I just noticed your post bellow, I believe you should reword your post, people might believe that I'm attempting to impersonate you. As stated on my post, I used the same name on the old forum and now on this one. I have some parts for sale and your post may hurt due to people who read your post may believe it is a scam. I PMed Sean asking him to do something about your post, I tought that I should let you know too.

Only one person keep calling me Marc, first I tought he just got confused but he just e-mailed me to say Hi, Marc. Is your name Marc or he is confusing me with someone else?

You may not believe it but this is the first time I saw your name.

Levy ( not Malevy :smile: )

Your post:

My second PM:

I know, but people might take it that way.

Levy

My third and last PM:

As I said before, only one person called me Marc, and it was earlier today. If your name is Marc, then he confused Levy with Malevy other than that, no one else ever send me a PM or email thinking I was you.

End of story!

When I communicate with Josh (now that he posted), I included my complete name.
Now, been using Levy nic for years on this and other non related sites, there is a good reason for me to use that nic.

===================================
===================================

It is not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear that we are not the same person.

For some reason "LEVY" took offense to all of this.. Frankly I don't like the tone of the PM's I have received from him.
Whattever, does not matter all that much.. It was more like those classified ad's that people publish when they get divorced "I am not responsible for blah blah blah".

Malevy
11-20-2011, 11:20 AM
"End of story". Your way of saying "I will get the last word?"

Your PM specifically indicates that I have done something to hurt your reputation, which is 100% un-true. Then you go on to accuse the readers of this forum to be unable to read a simple post and take it for what it is worth.

Your need to make a federal issue out of a simple clarification post is simply unbelievable! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? Are you looking for a fight?

You are right, this *IS* getting out of hand, because you wont just let it end! There is only ONE way you will "end it here", that is DON'T RESPOND ANY MORE!!

Dangermouse
11-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I think we are all clear that you are two different people.

If I may echo MauiBarber's suggestion from the old forum that going forward, we all add our first name to our signature line, might eliminate any future confusion and make the forum a little more personal.

Malevy
11-20-2011, 11:47 AM
I used to have my full name in my tag line, until someone removed it for me.. (Yes, I know he apologized, but why not take the shot while I have it?!) :)

SamHill
11-20-2011, 12:07 PM
we all add our first name to our signature line <-----Unless you already use your real name.

LEVY
11-20-2011, 12:14 PM
"End of story". Your way of saying "I will get the last word?"

No, I just wanted to stop this, as you can see on my PM's I did not said anything of bad taste.

Your PM specifically indicates that I have done something to hurt your reputation, which is 100% un-true.

No, I never stated that. What I was trying to say is that people might believe that I might get their money and run.

Then you go on to accuse the readers of this forum to be unable to read a simple post and take it for what it is worth.

Please!

Your need to make a federal issue out of a simple clarification post is simply unbelievable! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? Are you looking for a fight?

Those kind of answers are the reason I say End of Story!

You are right, this *IS* getting out of hand, because you wont just let it end! There is only ONE way you will "end it here", that is DON'T RESPOND ANY MORE!!

Exactly, that was the reason I called end of story at the first place, then I did not responded at your last PM.

This thread should be locked now! Peolple got your point, they know I'm not you and you are not me.

May be even deleted.

I'm OK, no hard feelings but seems like you still have a liitle problem.

LEVY

sean
11-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah, we will close now. Internet misinterpretation seems to be at fault but I will say I did not read any of the accusations Levy thought were there from Marc's original post.