PDA

View Full Version : General What have you done to your DeLorean today?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

opethmike
01-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Began working on getting the cylinder heads off:

Unplugged all wiring harness connections
Unplugged all vacuum hoses
Disconnected fuel lines
Removed intake manifold/throttle body/fuel rails assembly
Removed distributor
Removed diagnostic port from driver's side head
Removed both drive belts
Removed alternator
Removed water pump

AdmiralSenn
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Taking my front fascia to the body shop. Hopefully I'll have the major external work completely done inside of a week or two.

Farrar
01-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Resolved to drive it again tomorrow.

Farrar

Iznodmad
01-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Farrar

I plan to do the same thing with #5000. Time for some exercise!

dmc6960
01-06-2012, 12:08 PM

I plan to do the same thing with #5000. Time for some exercise!

Spoiled Southeners. While there may not be much snow here right now, we'll never be able to avoid the salt in MN.

thirdmanj
01-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Got to drive 1258 into the Virginia Beach Convention Center and put her on the red carpet in the "Car of the Century" competition. She's flanked by a '71 Chevy C-10 and a '91 Porsche 928. Set up the Explodaview poster and raised the doors. I think she's got a good chance. With the fascias freshly painted she almost looks brand new! I'm very excited to see the results of the contest on Sunday!

pezzonovante88
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Got to drive 1258 into the Virginia Beach Convention Center and put her on the red carpet in the "Car of the Century" competition. She's flanked by a '71 Chevy C-10 and a '91 Porsche 928. Set up the Explodaview poster and raised the doors. I think she's got a good chance. With the fascias freshly painted she almost looks brand new! I'm very excited to see the results of the contest on Sunday!

Good luck!

jawn101
01-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Washed it and detailed the wheels. I had been taking a lot of crap from other owners for having silver wheels that were so filthy they looked like the grey ones.

Never actually did a proper washing on it before. Happy to report that there are no leaks anywhere and it looks like a million bucks after a nice wipedown.

vwdmc16
01-06-2012, 10:50 PM
So you havent BKF'd your car before either Jon?

THAT will make it look even better you wont believe

jawn101
01-06-2012, 11:45 PM
So you havent BKF'd your car before either Jon?

THAT will make it look even better you wont believe

Nope, never did... doesn't that make it shiny? I like the sort of matte finish...

But yeah, I did the wheels for you. I'm jealous of yours but that's not excuse for mine to be so dirty :)

81Delorean
01-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Put the interior back together and the fixed craig radio. Then took it for a nice spin!

DMC5180
01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Did the best possible thing. I DROVE IT In January!!! I've never done that in my 18 years of ownership. Put 50 miles it. A year ago there was 20 inches of snow on the ground. Our 1 significant 5 inch snowfall was in early November. Not much more than flurries since.

vwdmc16
01-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Took her on a 50 mile cruise along Sacramento River, really makes me notice the annoying noises the car can make, Im about to fix one tonight.

Chris Cooling
01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
unbelievably i took it out for a drive around the nieghborhood!Jan 7th plus six degrees in toronto
what winter

Kenny_Z
01-07-2012, 09:48 PM
What was wrong with your radio 81Delorean? Also, are there pictures of that 67 Nova anywhere? I'm restoring a 66 four door Nova.

I finally washed Red and then took her out for a spin. Then we stopped at the park for pictures as the fog rolled in. I needed some pictures without that front plate.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/PC310002.jpg

Those eyebrows are driving me crazy now that I have her mechanical troubles repaired. Time for the cosmetic fixes.

pezzonovante88
01-07-2012, 10:36 PM
unbelievably i took it out for a drive around the nieghborhood!jan 7th plus six degrees in toronto
what winter

nice!

jawn101
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Gained about 75 horsepower (give or take... :)) by removing the throttle return spring. Seriously, why didn't anyone suggest this sooner? Response is so much better now.

Helped Clint fabricate his latest mad science project. I'll leave it to him to explain it though...

rundmc
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Gained about 75 horsepower (give or take... :)) by removing the throttle return spring. Seriously, why didn't anyone suggest this sooner? Response is so much better now.

Wait, what? I thought that would cause a high idle...

(and to stay on-topic) Coolant flushed and changed, DMCNW coolant bleeder kit installed

jawn101
01-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Wait, what? I thought that would cause a high idle...

Doesn't seem to have.. idle was a perfect 750 before and after removing the spring.

DMC5180
01-09-2012, 10:01 AM
I've been running without the large throttle spool spring for years. Although I'm used to it now, the initial reaction was the same. WOW where did all the extra power come from. In reality you don't have anymore power than before, but the amount of force it requires to press on the accelerator pedal can make you feel like your dragging a boat anchor. By removing that feedback force, you can maximize the rate of acceleration with little foot pressure effort. As for running like this causing high idle issues. Yes it can, if the rest of the throttle linkage system isn't tuned and lubricated. The OEM idle microswitch requires a fair amount of force to trip. On my car, I replaced the Idle Microswitch with the one that JH sells. It requires less force to trip it, plus I modified that switch by removing the external lever return spring to lighten it up even more. The internal switch mechanism has it's own return spring that works just fine. Another factor can be (spool to throttle) link rod wear (slop). you might need to adjust it out and clean and lubricate the return spring on the "inside" of the throttle spool. The throttle system has 4 return springs. 1) Gas pedal , 2) spool inner [small], 3) spool outer [large], 4) throttle assembly spring [Shaft].

Back to the thread topic.

Went for another 35 mile JANUARY drive :driving1:

AdmiralSenn
01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Discovered why she stalled randomly on me yesterday. Examined the nasty scrape and dent caused by me heroically charging in reverse straight into my roommate's car (luckily it missed the newly painted rear fascia or I'd have just about died..)

I honestly do not recall using a plastic inline splice to feed the ECU. Maybe the madness that caused my PO's mods has infected me. Tomorrow sees a proper soldered connection + bullet connector for ease of removal.

Not a good week. I get to save up to take her to DMC Florida now.

Farrar
01-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Installed the passenger-side door strut. My girlfriend was finally able to help me out and hold the door open for me while I got that tricky clip installed on the bottom attachment. :lol:

Farrar

thirdmanj
01-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Finally broke into the drivers side door to replace the rear latch. Got the upper and lower panels off and spent several minutes examining and fiddling with it. I still haven't disconnected anything yet, I want to be 100% on which pieces go where before I proceed.

MTDMC
01-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Placed new dash mat for the dash I got from Hervy.

81Delorean
01-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Fixed my craig radio to work perfectly, it now has a display and all lights and tape deck work again!

mluder
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
What was it's condition before you started?

My craig is fully functional except the cassette mechanism. The belts are all shot so the mechanicals don't work. Did you have a similar problem? If so, where did you find parts?

Any help would be great because I would love to get it working again.

Steve

Fixed my craig radio to work perfectly, it now has a display and all lights and tape deck work again!

Michael
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Just got my stainless label kit in from Tamir/Russ a few days ago. Love the look! I'm going to find a few hours to put them on over the winter including a little revamping of my engine bay(think LED lights and the clear cover stainless air cleaner)

The labels will definately give a trick look to anyone who pays close attention to details. Here are a few pics, they still have the clear proctetive coating on them, but I took it off of one just to see what it looks like:

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7703&d=1326302606
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7704&d=1326302752

jfirios
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Got my girl out of DMC ca the other day having the new exhaust manifold rebolted on, and the stearing bushing replaced. Just washed and polished her up today. I would love to smack the guy who said lets use the turbine look for the rims. What a pain in the ass to clean. Then looked at it for a while as she shined in the sun. Went driving a bit listening to the 80's on XM and keeping an eye on my temp gague seeing if it freaks out again.

DniveK
01-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Replaced ethanol eaten rubber hoses at my accumulator after finding them leaking. WOW! What a PINA... Nothing like working on your back for an hour in a space only big enough for one hand. I had this done by a Tech when I replaced the accumulator back in 1998, I've only been in Houston 6 years and this ethanol additive in our gas has killed so many fuel components. I am now using a substance to neutralize the bad effects from the ethanol every time I fill up.

jawn101
01-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Pulled my passenger side rear interior panel. My buddy flopped into the seat yesterday and snapped the armrest extension off. Fortunately the rivets failed and not the plastic! I was able to reattach it, better than new. And as an added bonus I finally got my last new speaker installed. I had been putting it off but since the panel was already out.....

Bitsyncmaster
01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
I bought one of those clamp type current meters on eBay. If Bills ground list is correct, I want to rewire the headlights to frame ground. Hence I can find the two ground wires back in the relay box with my new meter.

Why do this? I want to get switched +12 up in front of the car. It would make a really easy job to use one of those existing ground wires.

Farrar
01-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I want to get switched +12 up in front of the car.

Daytime running lights?

Farrar

Bitsyncmaster
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Daytime running lights?

Farrar

Side marker blinking, motorized headlight covers and maybe DRL.

Farrar
01-12-2012, 06:51 PM
motorized headlight covers

:jawdrop:

:worship:

jawn101
01-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Started installing my new done light timer from Dave. Got dark and late, hope to finish up tomorrow.

Jacko
01-12-2012, 11:48 PM
After having 4915's rear fascia repainted I noticed the louvers were almost resting on the fascia at the latch. After 30 years the Support Buffers (the rubber strips on either side that the louver rests on) although still there, looked tired. Ordered new ones from DMCH and that solved the problem. There is now maybe a quarter inch clearance from the louver to the fascia ... keeping 4915 happy is a never ending job.

sdg3205
01-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Backed it out and washed it.

I'm gearing up for suspension work.

I want to drive it like crazy, but there's enough rock salt on our roads you'd think it was actually snow!

I recently realized the lack of rock salt doesn't mean our roads are salt free. I saw salt going down in liquid form a week ago. They spray it on out high powered jets. Now when the roads are dry it's plain to see 5 lines of salt as you drive.

Bitsyncmaster
01-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Used my new (second hand) clamp on current meter to find the two headlight ground wires in the relay compartment. Works like a charm but I'm sure the newer ones have a smart auto zero. Mine has to be zeroed with an adjustment. But it's a nice unit with two ranges of 20 amp and 200 amp. It just plugs into my normal DVM.

I hope to get the car up on ramps this weekend and get the headlights grounded to the frame. I will then do measurements to calculate the resistance of the frame. I want to know why DMC ran ground wires and not used the frame. Maybe they planned to have a "blown headlight" warning lamp. Or maybe the frame resistance drops to much voltage.

Farrar
01-13-2012, 08:00 PM
I want to know why DMC ran ground wires and not used the frame.

So do I, especially after looking at various folks' ground bus installations. Please let us know what you find! :)

Farrar

jawn101
01-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Finished the aforementioned dome light timer installation. Parade mode rocks!!

Started trying to troubleshoot my flickering A/C panel lights.

dmc6960
01-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I want to know why DMC ran ground wires and not used the frame. Maybe they planned to have a "blown headlight" warning lamp.

That makes a lot of sense, however there would need to be a break in the line for that.

The proto clusters had about 3x the warning lights the production cars ended up with.

Jacko
01-14-2012, 12:14 AM

I bought a pair of the original Lund headlight covers on Ebay but didn't like them because I couldn't drive at night with them. So I made these ...

I went to the glass store and bought some clear 1/8" Plexiglas. I made a template and cut out the covers. I then made a form to put a vertical curve on them. I put them in the oven at 250 degrees for about 5 minutes until they were limp and flexible. I removed them from the oven, laid them on the forms and let them cool for about 15 minutes. After stable I applied a 25% tint to them, then attached a rubber edging I bought from McMaster-Carr. Rather than mount them using Velcro like the Lunds I mounted them using hidden O rings as rubber bands. 8)

Michael
01-14-2012, 08:44 AM

I bought a pair of the original Lund headlight covers on Ebay but didn't like them because I couldn't drive at night with them. So I made these ...

I went to the glass store and bought some clear 1/8" Plexiglas. I made a template and cut out the covers. I then made a form to put a vertical curve on them. I put them in the oven at 250 degrees for about 5 minutes until they were limp and flexible. I removed them from the oven, laid them on the forms and let them cool for about 15 minutes. After stable I applied a 25% tint to them, then attached a rubber edging I bought from McMaster-Carr. Rather than mount them using Velcro like the Lunds I mounted them using hidden O rings as rubber bands. 8)

Very nice work! I did something similiar to 5609 last year. I made a set of covers from tinted lexan which looked great in the daytime, but way too dark to drive at night. I made velcro mounting tabs from small plastic shelf anchors that I modified. I guess the upside was they install/uninstall in 5 seconds, but that made them easy to steal as well. Another possible problem was I really didn't want them on at night anyway as the trapped heat generated when stopped made me worry about possible damage to the fascia or paint.

I never put a curve in mine, but I was tempted to melt the edges to make a mounting tab on each side, but elected on the tabs instead. You should definately do a "how to" on your design. I bet there are a lot of owners that would like tinted or clear covers.

PS, I got my lexan online with a dark tint already in it for very cheap(around 30.00) which was enough to do about 4 covers. I remember there were lighter tints avaliable.
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5676&d=1317520711

jawn101
01-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Very nice work! I did something similiar to 5609 last year. I made a set of covers from tinted lexan which looked great in the daytime, but way too dark to drive at night. I made velcro mounting tabs from small plastic shelf anchors that I modified. I guess the upside was they install/uninstall in 5 seconds, but that made them easy to steal as well. Another possible problem was I really didn't want them on at night anyway as the trapped heat generated when stopped made me worry about possible damage to the fascia or paint.

I never put a curve in mine, but I was tempted to melt the edges to make a mounting tab on each side, but elected on the tabs instead. You should definately do a "how to" on your design. I bet there are a lot of owners that would like tinted or clear covers.

PS, I got my lexan online with a dark tint already in it for very cheap(around 30.00) which was enough to do about 4 covers. I remember there were lighter tints avaliable.

Wow, it's things like this that make me want to stop trying to keep things looking stock. That looks absolutely amazing!

On topic: Finally fixed my flickering lights in the A/C panel. Planning to go for another lovely January drive today!

Bitsyncmaster
01-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Pulled my front grill off today for the first time. I pulled the high beams out so I could get a grip on the grill to pull it. Lots of rust on those ball fasteners but looks like only one of the clips need a new pop rivet. Will have to clean those balls up and put some grease on them when I put it back.

I did this to get at the headlight wires. I see the plate behind the grill is stainless. I also see some more of those connectors in the harness I don't like.

Thinking about also doing the eyebrow bars.

robvanderveer
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Moved my new seat covers (still in the packaging) from the workbench to the passenger seat of the D. I needed some tools buried beneath. At least the workbench is tidy again.

rundmc
01-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Pulled my front grill off today for the first time. I pulled the high beams out so I could get a grip on the grill to pull it. Lots of rust on those ball fasteners but looks like only one of the clips need a new pop rivet. Will have to clean those balls up and put some grease on them when I put it back.

I did this to get at the headlight wires. I see the plate behind the grill is stainless. I also see some more of those connectors in the harness I don't like.

Thinking about also doing the eyebrow bars.

Been thinking about doing those braces as well. Also considering pulling the headlights to recondition the mounting brackets - I see a little surface rust back there.

Finally finished the coolant change today. Have been chasing leaks all week. Fixed all of those. Tested otterstat. Installed solid state fan and fan-fail relays.

jawn101
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Greased all 4 front ball joints and went for a drive.

jfirios
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Good God. I pulled out my interior, almost all of it, center console, entire passanger side. Installed a touch switch, fog lights in front, wired for two more acessories, pre wired the underglow, removed sanded and re sprayed and greased the passanger seat rails. Dynamatted the center and passanger side and started putting things back together. Tomorrow finish the underglow, remove the drivers side and dynamatt clean and put it all back together. PHEW. So Tired.
I love this car

timothymoore
01-16-2012, 08:27 AM
i havent done anything to mine over the weekend but last week @ school , i almost got the ignition lock off my car, and then a colleague along with me are working on removing the heads on the car. i just need the cam shaft sprocket support tool. where can i get that? PM me anyone please.

jfirios
01-16-2012, 11:50 PM
still working on the interior of the car, removed the radio that the PO installed and did a piss poor job. He had wires all over the place, what a mess. Things are now making a lot of sense. Hope to install the underglow tomorrow and finish dynamatting the inside.

vwdmc16
01-17-2012, 01:17 AM
Just a bit of late night front suspension disassembly, and cleaning, also replaced the lower ball joint boot. Its amazing how filthy the arms have gotten in just a year. Found where the from spring was rubbing on the frame so I fixed that with a hammer. Also confirmed that I never repainted the sway bar, I swear I had.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/vwdmc16/dmc/SSPX0041.jpg

Farrar
01-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Failed to install replacement cigarette lighter last night as I was unable to separate the green plastic from the metal cylinder. Succeeded in scraping a few knuckles pretty badly. :lol:

Double-checked contacts on inertia switch. All is well there.

Farrar

AdmiralSenn
01-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Bashed a quarter panel with a mallet.

What? I'm FIXING it!

vwdmc16
01-18-2012, 01:51 AM
I installed one of my new stainless brake lines, the originals are putting up a hell of a fight. also got all the parts together for properly mounting my Mazda Miata Bilstein HDs in the front of the dmc. ill have a how to soon.

SIMid
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Booked her in to my mechanic to get the auto trans leak fixed on 30/1. It will be the first time for her to sleep over somewhere else since coming to Australia. :lol:

opethmike
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
It was on Monday, but the last bits that need to have come off, and the heads are ready to be pulled as soon as I get my new ones in from DPI.

jawn101
01-18-2012, 08:18 PM
With the rain FINALLY coming, I took her for what may be the last real drive of the season. Went to Lowes to get some overhead lighting so it will be easier to rip her apart all winter :)

vwdmc16
01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Nice! how many lights you get? I have 4 in my garage and I still want more

jawn101
01-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice! how many lights you get? I have 4 in my garage and I still want more

Just 2 24" double tube fixtures, one on each side of the car... I know I'll need more but wasn't sure what would fit :) Getting the wiring done is proving to be a challenge.

rundmc
01-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Started my journey into the Valley of Death last night. Removed rear fascia and bumper assembly. Removed idle speed motor, w-pipe, air filter box, pipe of agony and throttle shield. Tonight I tackle the fuel injection disassembly.

Ugh...

vwdmc16
01-19-2012, 10:58 PM
got the front end back together. eager to feel the improvement that the new brake lines should give

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/vwdmc16/dmc/SSPX0049-1.jpg

Bitsyncmaster
01-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Got my headlight buss bar cut and drilled. Next is to tap the holes, finish re-wrapping the harness, finish and connect my circuit for my LED side light blinkers.

jawn101
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Started her up and went to get fresh gas. Noticed that my steering bushing must have completely disappeared as the column is banging around like never before. Resolved not to drive her anymore until the new bushing and Martin's new intermediate shaft arrives.

vwdmc16
01-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Installed the new oil pressure sender from Hervey and I hope it works well, the original had a real sketchy connection and removing the wire to replace the ring terminal would have sheared off the sender's stud. While in the area I also started an oil change, im going to cut open the filter to see if there is anything big and metal in the element. Then I removed the starter, alternator, and jump leads and began cleaning and bundling them up properly, they always looked so messy and loose.

Worst of all being under there, I was looking up I got pretty depressed about the sad state the frame and hardware still is back there. Im going to need to do alot of dissembling and hardware replacement, and now the cooling system is leaking worse than ever, must be the cold. :disapprove:

jfirios
01-24-2012, 10:38 AM
installed the new charcoal canister in the pontoon section. Replacing the missing one that some knuckle head removed. Was wondering why i kept smelling gas in my garage. Got the new speaker mounts in for the foot wells. Smoked out the tail lights and should be re installing them with the back up camera this week.

jfirios
01-24-2012, 10:40 AM
also installed the last set of third break lights. No way anyone can not see me stopping now. The main lights, two 14 in LED bars on the top luver and an led strip on either side of the rear window. Actually looks really cool when stopping.

Mike C.
01-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Got my headlight buss bar cut and drilled. Next is to tap the holes, finish re-wrapping the harness, finish and connect my circuit for my LED side light blinkers.

Can u post pics up when you're all installed? I'd love to see it.

Today January 28, 2012: Hooked up dwell meter. Found my Craftsman dwell meter is dead. Hooked up digital dwell meter from harbor freight. Found that dwell meter is alive. Adjusted setting a little bit, but will verify with an analog dwell meter shortly.

Checked oil: was about half way between marks on my dipstick. Topped off.

Worked on back wall speakers. All ok now.

Removed flux capacitor to make some adjustments and tighten some things up.

Installed lower temp otterstat. Had to convince the retaining clip that it wanted to go back on. I won. Tightened back down all the clamps. Checked for leakies- none found.

Heading to Pep Boys for new license plate lamp and new front turn signal lamp.

Farrar
01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
New trunk lighting! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BY6jxLkNh4

chef4u
01-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I'm waiting to have some time off from work to install these babies.

jfirios
01-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Sweet. My whole car interior is apart right now doing a full stereo install myself. I just got in my HU and XM module. Was talking with my friend who is helping me with the install. We decided to add another 2 more speakers bringing it up to 15 speakers being installed. Going to be awesome.

I'm waiting to have some time off from work to install these babies.

rundmc
01-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Replaced engine mounts yesterday. Removed muffler, CAT and corresponding brackets. Found one of the brackets was cracked.

DMC5180
01-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Stared at it as I walked by too go clear fresh snowfall from my driveway. :sad30:

FARRAR, That trunk light is awesome. What version is it and were did you get it? Do you have picture of the LED/SMD assembly?

ccurzio
01-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Installed Dave's upgraded RPM relay and wired a fuse to the WUR per his recommendation.

Many thanks to him for his patience and helpfulness.

Farrar
01-29-2012, 04:21 PM
FARRAR, That trunk light is awesome. What version is it and were did you get it? Do you have picture of the LED/SMD assembly?

Thanks! I got two small SMD panels from Superbright and used black weatherstrip adhesive to seal the components against moisture/adhere them to the trunk plastic above and below the hole where the stock fixture used to be. I will take a picture a little later and post it.

Back on topic: today we adjusted my torsion bars. No more doors slamming into my head and back in chilly weather! :D

DMC5180
01-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I would not recommend COLD weather compensation of torsion bars. Replace the struts first. At the very least Turn them back down once the weather warms up. Is it really that cold in New Orleans this time of year?

Farrar
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I would not recommend COLD weather compensation of torsion bars.

It was 80 degrees today.

Some context for DMC5180 and anyone else wondering: with brand new struts, in 50-degree weather, my doors would only stay open halfway. I could push them all the way up, but they wouldn't stay up even with fresh-out-of-the-box PJ Grady struts.

No, it doesn't make sense to adjust your torsion bars when it's cold outside. So... we didn't.

DMC5180
01-30-2012, 12:18 AM
It was 80 degrees today.

Some context for DMC5180 and anyone else wondering: with brand new struts, in 50-degree weather, my doors would only stay open halfway. I could push them all the way up, but they wouldn't stay up even with fresh-out-of-the-box PJ Grady struts.

No, it doesn't make sense to adjust your torsion bars when it's cold outside. So... we didn't.

OK, You adjusted with recently installed New struts. That is the correct way to do it. I'm guessing you only needed one spline position of rotation to get what was needed.

vwdmc16
01-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Started installing more dynamat, lots to install, i hope its worth the money.

Farrar
01-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm guessing you only needed one spline position of rotation to get what was needed.

Correct! And it only took a few minutes. :)

Farrar

rundmc
01-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Haven't done anything with the car today, but I did manage to wreck my wallet. Have just purchased a new CAT, muffler heat shield, WUR, fuel tank shield, muffler bracket, new gaskets, o-rings, washers, bolts, clutch slave bleeder adapter, complete tune up kit (cap, plugs, wires, O2 sensor, belts, fuel filter) and a pile of other stuff too.

sean
01-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Haven't done anything with the car today, but I did manage to wreck my wallet. Have just purchased a new CAT, muffler heat shield, WUR, fuel tank shield, muffler bracket, new gaskets, o-rings, washers, bolts, clutch slave bleeder adapter, complete tune up kit (cap, plugs, wires, O2 sensor, belts, fuel filter) and a pile of other stuff too.

Sounds like you're in for some fun!

opethmike
01-30-2012, 11:23 AM
I finished cleaning the block surfaces in preparation for installing DPI performance heads + cams.

rundmc
01-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Sounds like you're in for some fun!

Yep. The fun never stops with 6239.

sdg3205
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Removed the rear fascia closing plate to paint it nice and black like the rest of the engine bay.

I'm also going to install a second courtesy light back there so I can see better at night.

Bitsyncmaster
01-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Put my washer bottle back in. Hate that job. I was considering leaving the bottle out since I never use it anyway. I don't even fill the bottle. But that would leave an open hole in the trunk.

My washer bottle cap is also cracked so can't put it on tight.

rundmc
01-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Put my washer bottle back in. Hate that job. I was considering leaving the bottle out since I never use it anyway. I don't even fill the bottle. But that would leave an open hole in the trunk.

My washer bottle cap is also cracked so can't put it on tight.

I feel your pain. My cap isn't cracked, but it won't go on tight. It will just jump the threads and start over.

SIMid
01-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Dropped the D off several days ago, picking her up tonight. Full engine service and also hopefully the transmission leak fixed and serviced.

Can't wait!

jawn101
01-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Took some of my own advice and re-booted the CV joint that was flinging grease. Used one of Hervey's cable ties and thin layer of RTV over it. Won't know if it's sealed until my new steering shaft comes in though. Can't wait...

jfirios
02-02-2012, 12:39 AM
removed the rear facia cut a hole in it for the back up camera and going to prep it for back lighting the letters. Then respraying it and installing it. :)

jawn101
02-04-2012, 12:02 AM
A lot. Removed all the interior panels and carpeting in prep for dynamat installation tomorrow. Installed my LMS bypass relay kit. Reinforced my armrest extensions so they won't snap off. Re-stretched and re-glued the vinyl on the rear interior quarter panels so they aren't bubbled up. Removed the driver's side louver that wasn't held on by anything, cleaned up the old glue and got it ready to re-attach. Epoxied the upper seatbelt anchor in place (it was spinning in the hole, probably why the side lover was removed in the first place). Put the battery on an overnight charge cycle. Cleaned all the interior fiberglass to get a good bond surface. Tomorrow will be installing the dynamat and putting back as many interior panels as possible, and maybe shampooing the carpets while they're out if there's time.

jfirios
02-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Yes, steam clean those carpets. I did that to mine since they were out and man, i pulled out two buckets of BLACK water. Gave new life to the old carpets, and after drying vacuming and fabreze they are like new. Make sure when you are applying the dynamat, to use the roller and roll out all the pieces you put down. There is going to be a lot of cutting for all the spaces in the car, have a good razor knife. Here is a pic of mine

jfirios
02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
when i finished i have the dynamat over the whole center console, and in both the battery compartment and the cubby hole and the whole wood panel.

SIMid
02-04-2012, 04:38 AM
New headunit installed. Went for the Sony Tunetray as it was on special for $180. Works great, no moving parts and glows blue like the heater-a/c controls. Sweet! :)

SIMid
02-04-2012, 04:40 AM
when i finished i have the dynamat over the whole center console, and in both the battery compartment and the cubby hole and the whole wood panel.

I used the dynamat as a heat shield in front of the fuel tank. Works a treat there too.

Jimmyvonviggle
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I need to see a picture of that back up camera.

jfirios
02-04-2012, 11:22 PM
you want to see it installed? I have the bumper at my body shop getting sanded and re sprayed. Once I get it back I will take a photo and post it. It will look kind of sexy where I put it. Probably will never even notice it is there.
Here is what I have been doing today, You can see the two cutouts for the back lighting for the delorean letters and the smaller cut for the back up camera to fit in. Then finished the dynamat for the back deck and wall and started the build for the new shelf.

Bitsyncmaster
02-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Got the 8 grill ball studs out and chased the treads. Got the grill clips removed (drilled the pop rivets). Just waiting for my new studs and clips to arrive.

Need to wait for the wife to leave so I can put my grill in the bath tub and soak all the bugs off it.;)

Jonathan
02-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi jfirios,

Is that the original parcel shelf wood you can see there? Looks to be in pretty good shape.

Bitsyncmaster
02-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Just thought of not using pop rivets on my grill clips. If I use some small machine screws and nylock nuts, I can have the clips "float" a little to self center and move as the grill moves with heat changes.

rundmc
02-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Installed new CAT, upper muffler bracket. Reinstalled muffler. Changed sparkplugs, distributor cap and plug wires. Re-installed coolant lines across the valley and the water pump. Refilled and re-pressure tested the system...Water pump was leaking at the bottom. Re-uninstalled the water pump and pipes over the valley. Valley re-filled with coolant. I re-cleaned the valley. Disassembled water pump. Gasket rotten, bottom back bolt rusted and seized. Removed back and thermostat. Looks like I'm replacing the water pump too. Also removed inlets on the block on either side of the pump to replace the gaskets there as well.

Only 15 lbs torque on the spark plugs??? Really? Is that right? I used a slight amount of anti-seize on each plug as recommended. Should I torque more?

jawn101
02-05-2012, 08:19 PM
Installed new CAT, upper muffler bracket. Reinstalled muffler. Changed sparkplugs, distributor cap and plug wires. Re-installed coolant lines across the valley and the water pump. Refilled and re-pressure tested the system...Water pump was leaking at the bottom. Re-uninstalled the water pump and pipes over the valley. Valley re-filled with coolant. I re-cleaned the valley. Disassembled water pump. Gasket rotten, bottom back bolt rusted and seized. Removed back and thermostat. Looks like I'm replacing the water pump too. Also removed inlets on the block on either side of the pump to replace the gaskets there as well.

Only 15 lbs torque on the spark plugs??? Really? Is that right? I used a slight amount of anti-seize on each plug as recommended. Should I torque more?

I put 15lbs on and when I went to check them for fouling recently I found that the insulator was cracked on almost every one. I blame my crap Harbor Freight spark plug socket, but yes - 15 is what the manual says (13-15 actually)

On topic, finished the dynamat in my passenger side, battery box, firewall and rear deck. Shampooed, disinfected and febrezed all 7 pieces of carpet. Reinstalled the rear deck, passenger side carpets and interior quarter/seatbelts. Got the quarter panel lined up correctly this time so it holds down my rattling relay frame. Looks great and smells a lot better too.

Melted the shit out of a wrench putting the battery back in. One complaint about Hervey's ground cable is that the fitting to the battery is hard to position correctly, which is why I was trying to wrench it on with it inside the box. Bad idea, it turns out.

DMC5180
02-05-2012, 09:10 PM
FYI the stink of the Carpet is the foam padding. Get replace that stuff and the interior won't smell anymore.

jawn101
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
FYI the stink of the Carpet is the foam padding. Get replace that stuff and the interior won't smell anymore.

Mine's in such good shape I couldn't bring myself to strip it. I lysol-ed the ever loving hell out of it and hit it with the febreze. It smells excellent now. Remains to be seen if it still will in a few weeks, if not then I'll consider replacing it :)

AdmiralSenn
02-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Finally started the last legs of my wiring project. Passenger side marker lights are now turn signals, tomorrow I do the driver side and add running light hookups for my headlights, then start reassembling the front fascia hardware.

Brisfx
02-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Just washed the old girl and took her for a spin.821682158217

rundmc
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
Just bought another round of parts, including back bolts and washers for the water pump, a new water pump kit, gaskets, flanges, screws, bolts, etc. Spoke with DMCH about core returns today. Should have about $300 coming back to me after all is said and done.

Removed and cleaned the thermoswitch mounting bolt that goes on the side of the water pump. Apparently you can't get these anymore, so away with the wire brush...

John U
02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Just tore into the drivers door to install a new window motor. When I removed the mirror switch, the damn thing exploded sending springs and balls everywhere!!! I can't believe I found all the parts and managed to get it back together...the expoxy is drying now...

Checkout this repair done to the window regulator by the PO....unreal!!! How many tie wraps can you use in one repair!!

jawn101
02-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Just tore into the drivers door to install a new window motor. When I removed the mirror switch, the damn thing exploded sending springs and balls everywhere!!! I can't believe I found all the parts and managed to get it back together...the expoxy is drying now...

Checkout this repair done to the window regulator by the PO....unreal!!! How many tie wraps can you use in one repair!!

Yikes, did that repair ever work?

Those damn mirror switches.... I bet half the people on here have had the exact same experience with those frigging claymores.

John U
02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Just bought another round of parts, including back bolts and washers for the water pump, a new water pump kit, gaskets, flanges, screws, bolts, etc. Spoke with DMCH about core returns today. Should have about $300 coming back to me after all is said and done.

Removed and cleaned the thermoswitch mounting bolt that goes on the side of the water pump. Apparently you can't get these anymore, so away with the wire brush...

Are you talking about this thing? If so, mine came with the waterpump from Special T Auto.

John U
02-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Yikes, did that repair ever work?

Those damn mirror switches.... I bet half the people on here have had the exact same experience with those frigging claymores.

The window went down.....once....hahahaha

Jonathan
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM

Personally I equip my DeLorean custom class specialty grenade with the rear defrost switch. Those damn little metal pieces in there can fly great distances when they explode!! Hahaha.

rundmc
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Are you talking about this thing? If so, mine came with the waterpump from Special T Auto.

Yep. I don't know if they come on the ones from DMCH. I am about to find out...

dvonk
02-08-2012, 12:05 AM

:hysterical:

Ryan King
02-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Its been awhile now...but I recovered my old torn up seats with an original used set from a forum member! I love the result, and its stock!

Bitsyncmaster
02-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Got my new clips and ball studs. They look just like the OEM parts. These new clips are very tight. I guess the old ones had bent open or made that way.

Anyway, floating the clips is pretty easy to do. I used 4-40 x 1/2" long pan head phillips screws, one flat washer under the locking nut (back side). Just back off the screw until it just can slide left and right a little.

Looks like the distance of the ball stud to the clip is just about perfect to clear the screw heads. I was thinking I may need to put a washer under the stud but don't think it's necessary.

thirdmanj
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Just put on those ridiculously expensive stainless steel "D-e-l-o-r-e-a-n" letter inserts in the rear fascia. I've always liked them, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a decorative. So the wife got them for me as a Christmas present! She's awesome. Having a significant other that's supportive of my DeLorean habit is a real plus!

DMCMW Dave
02-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Yep. I don't know if they come on the ones from DMCH. I am about to find out...

They do.

81Delorean
02-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I took mine for a nice cruise . Best winter buffalo by has seen! Didn't have to put the cars away this year .

SIMid
02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Just put on those ridiculously expensive stainless steel "D-e-l-o-r-e-a-n" letter inserts in the rear fascia. I've always liked them, but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a decorative. So the wife got them for me as a Christmas present! She's awesome. Having a significant other that's supportive of my DeLorean habit is a real plus!

Did the money come from the same bank a/c? :lol: Sorry, I had to ask!

Got a big car show coming up on Sunday, will clean her up tomorrow. :) Will also test out to see if the gearbox will leak again.

jawn101
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Got my new DPNW steering bushing installed, the column and kneepads reinstalled, interior quarter panels, rear deck panels and carpet and driver's side carpet. Tried to install my new steering shaft from DCUK, but I assembled it overzealously and now the joints are pressed too far onto the shaft. So it's too short to bolt to both the column and the rack at the same time. Taking it to a machine shop tomorrow to see if they can back the joints off for me. Should have the steering and dynamat installs done and the car back on the road for the weekend!

Doogie
02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
..got that all back together. New fuel distributor too. NO joy on the pump running though with key turned on (bringing car back from 25 year rest). Jumpered the relay and pump ran, so off to order new fuel pump relay(s) :-)

Delorean Industries
02-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Test the circuit first by jumpering the RPM relay harness to apply power to the pump.

[/B]
..got that all back together. New fuel distributor too. NO joy on the pump running though with key turned on (bringing car back from 25 year rest). Jumpered the relay and pump ran, so off to order new fuel pump relay(s) :-)

vwdmc16
02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Finally finished re assembling the interior after putting in 75sq ft of Dynamat and new carpet padding. I must declare I driving a Delorean without an interior is a horrible thing to endure.

Now im off to show the car off to the previous owner who hasn't seen it in nearly 3 years!

Ron
02-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Now im off to show the car off to the previous owner who hasn't seen it in nearly 3 years!A sadist, eh?
:tongue_stick:

thirdmanj
02-11-2012, 01:08 PM
A sadist, eh?
:tongue_stick:

Yeah... Evil bastard :lol:

jawn101
02-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Clint's PO will probably be pretty impressed and rightly so, considering the amazing transformation that car has undergone. Cool that they're staying in touch though! Only problem then is you feel bad saying nasty things about your PO hack jobs :)

On topic: realized that with all the things I was trying to do at once, I never cleaned/vacuumed out the shampoo before I put all the carpets back in. Pulled the seats and went at the carpets with a wet shammy and a hand vacuum. Much better, but should have done it while they were out.

Working on getting my new stainless steering shaft installed. Having a hard time getting it connected to the column but am confident it will get done.

Also going to replace a cracked side marker and start thinking about installing my new radiator shroud.

jfirios
02-12-2012, 12:41 AM
finished building the new back shelf and rear wall. Going to start the speaker install this week. Also did the test fit and light for the back lit Delorean letters for the bumper. Looks hella sexy. Though on the subject of PO and what they did to their cars. I feel that I got a rescue pet and is now giving it all the love it deserved. Steam cleaning out all the garbage and cigarette smoke and tar from the carpets. Disgusting.

Jonathan
02-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I feel that I got a rescue pet and is now giving it all the love it deserved.

That is awesome! That analogy is as good as the frying bacon with your shirt off one!! HAHAHA.

aludden
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Got it back together after two months of having the interior taken apart. Re-covered binnacle, dash, knee pads, seats and headliners!
Now if I can just get the !#$%@ glovebox lid lined up, I'll be set!

DMC5180
02-12-2012, 05:15 PM
The glovebox lid can a pain, especially if you recovered the Dash and have material rippling in the Opening. Be patient with it.

Rich
02-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Replaced the OEM power antenna with the DMCH upgraded unit. Fits well, needing only some drilling in the bottom of the mount bracket to clear the drain port.

Old mast lost its toothed whip after 30 years. Reception and operation are back to normal now.

jawn101
02-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Went for the first shakedown drive in weeks. The new steering is a real treat and even the wife agrees that the dynamat made a sizable difference at highway speeds.

pezzonovante88
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Ordered the DCS Store SS Throttle Shield. (One week 'til I pick up my D!)

SIMid
02-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Saw my roll bar clamps at the front were coming loose (strange), so I tightened those before they came off. Any other bolts I should inspect underneath?

DMCMW Dave
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Saw my roll bar clamps at the front were coming loose (strange), so I tightened those before they came off. Any other bolts I should inspect underneath?

All of them. :giggle:

Trailing arm bolts/nuts are the big ones - look for missing shims and bent bolts. I've never seen anything else come loose chronically. I've never seen trailing arm bolts back off either but I've seen shims fall out and then the bolts bend. Or vice versa.

Delorean Industries
02-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Ordered the DCS Store SS Throttle Shield. (One week 'til I pick up my D!)

What did you purchase?!?!?! What D!

jawn101
02-14-2012, 07:57 PM

Right?? Way to sneak that in there on us :) Pics and details plz.

SIMid
02-14-2012, 08:12 PM
All of them. :giggle:

:lol: 01955 is suppose to have Toby's Tabs(?) so they are meant to be alot stronger than the OEs.

pezzonovante88
02-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Once the transaction is 100% complete, I will gladly go into details!

ccurzio
02-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Replaced the clutch slave cylinder. Holy hell what a job.

Rich
02-17-2012, 08:05 PM
Removed the interior rear bulkhead panel (carpeted vertical panel beneath rear window). Secured the wiring loom behind the bulkhead panel to each of the two black brackets that the panel rests against and which guide the loom to either side of the rear interior light. A tie-wrap now snugs the loom against each bracket, eliminating an interior rattle.

jawn101
02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Removed, dismantled, cleaned, reassembled, regreased and reinstalled the lambda counter. Ultimately no real point to this as it didn't help my speedo bounce, but hey - I didn't expect it to. Was just something easy I could spend a few minutes on :)

AdmiralSenn
02-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Completely finished the headlight and turn signal wiring, FINALLY. Heading back out to begin front fascia reinstallation.

Ordered a metric crapton of little pieces the car needs, from a shift boot to a fan switch knob to a single marker light assembly.

I love having a semi-custom exotic, it makes every upgrade and part replacement like a little mini Christmas!

opethmike
02-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Finished the re-assembly of my car, after installing new, ported & polished cylinder heads, DPI aggressive cams, and DPI Spec 1 exhaust. Set ignition timing to 16 degrees, and performed the cam break-in procedure.

Will take care out for its first drive hopefully on Sunday.

DMCMW Dave
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Finished the re-assembly of my car, after installing new, ported & polished cylinder heads, DPI aggressive cams, and DPI Spec 1 exhaust. Set ignition timing to 16 degrees, and performed the cam break-in procedure.

Will take care out for its first drive hopefully on Sunday.

Sooo - what was the no-start problem resolution?

DMCMW Dave
02-18-2012, 05:12 PM
:lol: 01955 is suppose to have Toby's Tabs(?) so they are meant to be alot stronger than the OEs.

They still have to be tight. I've seen them bend (Hi Jim) if the shims fall out because they are loose.

opethmike
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Sooo - what was the no-start problem resolution?

'twas reallllly stupid. I had the distributor CAP (not the distributor itself) on backwards, but still followed the numbers on it.

Flipped that around, and it fired up after a little bit of cranking.

Mike C.
02-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Car show tomorrow, so full wash, detail, conditioned seats, adjusted trunk stops, built "keep out" bars for both doors, aired up tires, fueled up. Replaced dead front turn signal bulb.

nullset
02-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Replaced the O-ring between the dipstick and the automatic transmission. I think that was the cause of the leak! I haven't tried filling it again just yet, though.

I also installed the stainless dipstick tube I bought from a forum member. Hopefully if the weather holds out, I should have 2930 drivable again in no time!

--buddy

Kenny_Z
02-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Held a box of Delorean parts in my hands while I watched the rain fall on my Delorean. No work this weekend :(

pt11334
02-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Tighten up the shifter pivot bolt that came loose while driving to see my parents. Had to turn around and drive about 2 miles on 1st gear to get to my house. Got home lifted the car up and tight up the pivot bold that i bought from john. Put good amount of locktight on it. And today again I was driving to see my parents again :hmm: and the AC belt broke off. So tomorrow I'll be replacing the belt. I'll just have my parents come to my house instead of me going over. :thumbup:

QuadcityDMC
02-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Paying bills on it. :aniclap:

DMC5180
02-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Tighten up the shifter pivot bolt that came loose while driving to see my parents. Had to turn around and drive about 2 miles on 1st gear to get to my house. Got home lifted the car up and tight up the pivot bold that i bought from john. Put good amount of locktight on it. And today again I was driving to see my parents again :hmm: and the AC belt broke off. So tomorrow I'll be replacing the belt. I'll just have my parents come to my house instead of me going over. :thumbup:

Did your pivot bolt have secondary lock nut on it? If not you should put one on it even if the threads don't come through the locking feature you will at least jam nut the bolt.

jawn101
02-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Re-centered the steering wheel. Installed my new front springs and lower ball joint boots. Man what a difference those springs made. Helped Clint do an inspection on a new owner's car.

SIMid
02-19-2012, 03:23 AM
Finally pulled my finger out and replaced the standard black throttle shield with a SS that fits the curved alloy plumbing. Looks good!

pt11334
02-19-2012, 09:40 AM
No secondary lock nut. Do you know what type or size lock nut I need to buy?

opethmike
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Drove my car with the DPI Spec 2 engine package for the first time today. Holy smokes, what a great kit!

Farrar
02-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Saw a small puddle underneath the car as I walked past it. I am hoping it was rainwater..... :[

Jacko
02-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Finally finished installing a new fuel accumulator. Man, what a job! I even downloaded that thing on Hervey's site. It made the job seem "fun", well, it ain't. I would put it in the same category as changing the clutch slave ... (Farrar, you'd best hope that puddle you saw was some form of water and not hydraulic fluid).

Anyway, I did the deed and she starts instantly now as opposed to winding her up for 10 or 15 seconds before hitting a lick. Glad that's over.

While I had her in the air I greased the front suspension and the speedo angle drive (which I think will last a while since it can be greased) and adjusted the front Spax shocks up to 16 clicks from softest and left the rears at 11. After I put the tools away and wiped up the blood I was too tired to test them. I'll do that tomorrow.

dvonk
02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
...After I put the tools away and wiped up the blood I was too tired to test them. I'll do that tomorrow.

if im not bleeding by the end of a job, im not working hard enough. :lol:

jawn101
02-19-2012, 10:33 PM
if im not bleeding by the end of a job, im not working hard enough. :lol:

That's what happens when you work on a car that's basically made of knife blades. Ah, for the good old days of playgrounds with metal slides that sear your ass and deposit you into a bed of broken glass and used hypodermic needles. Kids today. *shakes head*

Farrar
02-19-2012, 10:48 PM
(Farrar, you'd best hope that puddle you saw was some form of water and not hydraulic fluid).

My car has no clutch, so I don't have to worry about doing that particular hairy job. However, I am primed to do an evaporator replacement, which I think ranks just as high on the "job you never want to do more than once" list. :lol:

opethmike
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
My car has no clutch, so I don't have to worry about doing that particular hairy job. However, I am primed to do an evaporator replacement, which I think ranks just as high on the "job you never want to do more than once" list. :lol:

I'm willing to bet it ranks WAY higher.

AdmiralSenn
02-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Completely reinstalled the remainder of the front fascia and lower spoiler, sans mesh grille (waiting to get a stainless replacement from DMCH). Verified headlights and turn signals still work after reinstallation. Reinstalled hood and aligned it.

Sat back and admired the front end, painted and beautiful for the first time in a year and some change. Might just drive her around town tomorrow! :driving1:

Farrar
02-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Put on the "Antique" license plate. It looks nice on her :)

jawn101
02-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Put on the "Antique" license plate. It looks nice on her :)

Pics? :)

AdmiralSenn
02-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Reinstalled fan relay :blush:, re-adjusted hood, tightened throttle linkage, drove around town like a madman and made some random kids' evening when they saw me walk to the car - they got super excited and were just floored to have seen it. It was pretty cool.

Farrar
02-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Pics? :)

It was already dusk when I put the plate on. I will get a pic tomorrow, as I have the day off. (Happy Mardi Gras! Or ... Cardi Gras?)

Louisiana Antique plates aren't anything special to look at, except for the lack of an expiration sticker in the corner. Don't expect anything spectacular. :lol:

opethmike
02-21-2012, 11:42 AM
It was already dusk when I put the plate on. I will get a pic tomorrow, as I have the day off. (Happy Mardi Gras! Or ... Cardi Gras?)

Louisiana Antique plates aren't anything special to look at, except for the lack of an expiration sticker in the corner. Don't expect anything spectacular. :lol:

Farrar is so spectacular that he makes up for the lack of a spectacular plate.

Farrar
02-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Here is my not-so-spectacular plate:

And here is evidence of an even-less-spectacular leak my car has developed.

I am waiting for the next long weekend free of rain to start investigating this, but it looks like the same kind of leak I had when the output flanges were leaking less than two years ago. I replaced the seals and installed the sleeves that Grady sells. I really hope they're not leaking again. :(

jawn101
02-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Lol, I see what you mean about the plate. Still cool :)

pezzonovante88
02-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Washed the exterior. Looks surreal sitting in the garage. The passenger door simply will not open at all now. I'm going to have to remove the door panel this weekend (somehow without opening the door) to try and adjust it.

Cory W
02-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Washed the exterior. Looks surreal sitting in the garage. The passenger door simply will not open at all now. I'm going to have to remove the door panel this weekend (somehow without opening the door) to try and adjust it.

I've done it. Not the most pleasant, but possible.

Get the top half off, and see if you can access both door latch rods and the lock rods as well. I suspect it's bound up a little, and can be released by fiddling with the lock and latch rods a little. Read the adjustment process in advance to see what the optimal conditions are for for latch-to-lock operation so you get an idea of what's going on.

Jeff K
02-22-2012, 08:21 PM
I aligned the steering rack (D1) (it was 1/4 turn out) and replaced a hose (D2).

pezzonovante88
02-22-2012, 08:24 PM
I've done it. Not the most pleasant, but possible.

Get the top half off, and see if you can access both door latch rods and the lock rods as well. I suspect it's bound up a little, and can be released by fiddling with the lock and latch rods a little. Read the adjustment process in advance to see what the optimal conditions are for for latch-to-lock operation so you get an idea of what's going on.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully I don't screw things up too badly.

jawn101
02-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Finished the front suspension with cotter pins and grease in the lower ball joints. Went for a long back-road drive. Felt like the first real drive since I've had the car. Between those proper springs and the new steering, it's like brand new again!

AdmiralSenn
02-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Took her for the longest drive so far since getting her back on the road this time: ~21 miles each way.

Examined the passenger side door and began mental preparations for window motor installation. Reinstalled old door lock module.

Discovered that I had forgotten yet another Thing That Keeps The Car Running: I didn't tighten down the throttle stop nut when I adjusted it last. Needless to say stop and go traffic when you have to prop the gas pedal open on a 5-speed is... interesting.

Fixed that, then drove it so hard on the way home that I think I stripped out the dust cap. It went from bouncing slightly under 10 mph to an abrupt failure at 45 - it bounced twice and died completely. Whoops.

Lenny
02-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Had a breakfast meeting today and was going to drive the D but it was really foggy. I mean really foggy. The fog was the same color as the D and I figured nobody would see me and I'd get rear ended or T-boned, so I left it in the garage.

jawn101
02-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Had a breakfast meeting today and was going to drive the D but it was really foggy. I mean really foggy. The fog was the same color as the D and I figured nobody would see me and I'd get rear ended or T-boned, so I left it in the garage.

I have had the same exact fear here in foggy northern CA. All too often I've stood on my driveway in waist-deep fog and thought... if all the guys in raised pickups couldn't see me before, what chance do I have now?? :)

Fortunately today was not one of those days. 75 and perfect, so me and 2100 had some really excellent cruise time.

Farrar
02-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Learned there's such a thing as a "low profile jack" and got the car out of the air thanks to a helpful guy with a low profile jack. :)

Also received parts for alternator tensioner and new silicone vacuum hoses (enough for the whole car).

Confirmed that the mysterious drip under my car is gear oil from the passenger side output flange seal. Cursed inwardly at it.

sean
02-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Cursed inwardly at it.
Let it out brother!

Farrar
02-24-2012, 12:47 PM
let it out brother!

farganargle!!! :p

Kenny_Z
02-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I started my project to remove those eyebrows while I wait on speedometer parts.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/brow01.jpg

As you can see, they didn't do a very good job painting this one red. There's even overspray on the headlight trim.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/brow04.jpg

Farrar
02-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Installed new intake manifold O-rings and security system. :)

DMC5180
02-25-2012, 11:38 PM

be sure to watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92JJQG57t1s

rundmc
02-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Assembled new water pump (partially), installed new coolant flanges on engine, installed A/C belt tensioner bolt (was missing), repaired stripped thread on timing cover under lower A/C idler pulley with M7 Timesert, replaced o-ring on access cover on A/C idler.

Bought longer M7 bolts from UK to get better "bite" for the upper A/C idler pulley bolt - highest one that threads into the block.

Waiting on new M7 bolts and new water pump plug bolt.

Sigh...

Henrik
02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Removed the driver side seat back, unstapled the vinyl, drilled out the rivets that held the three brackets in place. Went to Home Depot and bought a 2 x 4 ft sheet of hardboard. Using the old, busted seat back as a template, traced and cut out the new seat back. Riveted the brackets in place onto the new seat back, stapled the vinyl back on.

Like new.

I wish all my D projects would go this smoothly.

I also took the opportunity to add some cave art. A hundred years from now someone is gonna find it there inside of the seat. Who said cave art could only come from the factory?

John U
02-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Found out that the door trim fir-trees can be replaced by using Ford fir-trees from your local auto parts store ;)

Henrik
02-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Found out that the door trim fir-trees can be replaced by using Ford fir-trees from your local auto parts store ;)

That's great to know. I am about to start tearing off the interior door panels to fix a few things.

dvonk
02-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Removed the driver side seat back, unstapled the vinyl, drilled out the rivets that held the three brackets in place. Went to Home Depot and bought a 2 x 4 ft sheet of hardboard. Using the old, busted seat back as a template, traced and cut out the new seat back. Riveted the brackets in place onto the new seat back, stapled the vinyl back on...

looks great! that should last you another 30 years. :smile:

John U
02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Finally got my drivers window motor replaced and rebuilt the power mirror switch (again!)

pezzonovante88
02-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Took it in for a safety check. Needs rear tires, as they are way too old and cracked, and the driver's door needs to be "unstuck". Looks like I'm getting Cooper Cobras. Tomorrow is my day off, so I'm going to go to the shop and hopefully finagle the door enough to get it to open and close relatively well.
It was also the first day I had the car at work. A few BTTF comments were made, but not too many :8ball: People loved the car, though I 'tried' to stay as inconspicuous as possible (not very possible with that car).

John U
02-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Took it in for a safety check. Needs rear tires, as they are way too old and cracked, and the driver's door needs to be "unstuck". Looks like I'm getting Cooper Cobras. Tomorrow is my day off, so I'm going to go to the shop and hopefully finagle the door enough to get it to open and close relatively well.
It was also the first day I had the car at work. A few BTTF comments were made, but not too many :8ball: People loved the car, though I 'tried' to stay as inconspicuous as possible (not very possible with that car).

Ohhhhh...I can just hear the salt dust eating away at your frame.......

Did you find cooper cobras already? I'd buy a full set...apparently they no longer make them (I may be wrong about that?)

John

pezzonovante88
02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Ohhhhh...I can just hear the salt dust eating away at your frame.......

Did you find cooper cobras already? I'd buy a full set...apparently they no longer make them (I may be wrong about that?)

John

I sprayed the underneath off. I've got the tires, but they aren't mounted yet. They are the correct size and they were made in 2011, which is decent.

John U
02-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I sprayed the underneath off. I've got the tires, but they aren't mounted yet. They are the correct size and they were made in 2011, which is decent.

good that you could still find some!

pezzonovante88
02-29-2012, 07:47 PM
good that you could still find some!

My buddy who is the service manager found them in like ten minutes and ordered them. I'll have to ask where he found them.

SIMid
03-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Installed my Solid State Relay. Starts and works! :) Real test tomorrow as I will be attending a classic car show in the city.

pezzonovante88
03-02-2012, 03:51 PM
It got its new rear tires (Cooper Cobra GT) and an oil change with a new magnetic plug and Bosch filter from Hervey. My tech is also going to look into getting the reverse lights going again. I also received my new stainless coolant tank and trailing arm bolts which I may install this weekend.
In other words, I didn't do anything to the car, someone else did :)

Farrar
03-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Resolved to work on it tomorrow.

...that counts, right? :\

jawn101
03-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Took a drive. Much as I love wrenching on it sometimes it's just really gratifying to enjoy all that work :)

vwdmc16
03-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Enjoyed my new front tires I bought in LA. no more vibrating steering! Now its on jack stands in the rear for cooing system repairs and a good cleaning, possibly more depending on how productive I feel this weekend.

Kenny_Z
03-02-2012, 10:35 PM
I finally put her face back on after working on the eyebrows.

From this:
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/PC310004.jpg

To this:
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/brow12.jpg

Since I'm still waiting on the tie rods and an angle drive (sigh) I'll do a VOD check and swap in the new coolant tank (Thanks fnzen!)

dvonk
03-02-2012, 11:54 PM
take that, eyebrows!

good job kenny, she looks nice. :smile:

jfirios
03-03-2012, 01:20 AM
great job on them, i will have to do mine sooner or later, it is just starting to show signs of it over the drivers side. Though my car is still in pieces, slowly putting it back together, interior is completely apart still, just got all my stereo components in and now planning out the install. HUGE system going in. the amp and the 4 crossovers will take up the entire trunk space.

AdmiralSenn
03-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Spent a few hours yesterday pounding on the inside of the passenger quarter panel to remove a nasty scrape-and-dent. Got it mostly removed, will do some more tomorrow. Starting installing a new window motor, got stuck. It appears the tube is bent exactly the wrong way to make it work.

DeLorean
03-03-2012, 07:19 PM
great job on them, i will have to do mine sooner or later, it is just starting to show signs of it over the drivers side.

Mines just starting to do this as well, very minimally however if it's parked outside in the sun (which is rare) it seems to make the eyebrows worse and then it will return to normal once it's inside and cool again.

jawn101
03-03-2012, 09:55 PM
Started trying to make new boot carpet backer boards for me and Clint. Sadly my admittedly limited prowess in other areas of life thoroughly failed to translate to this project. I blame having the wrong tools and no real area to do woodwork in :) Heading to a friend's place Monday to use a real table saw and knock this out.

Then went for a drive. Maybe it's a placebo or the fact that I haven't run it much recently, but I think my A/C is stronger with the radiator duct in place. Even if it's in my head I choose to be pleased by that.

opethmike
03-04-2012, 03:04 AM
Drove mine a good 35, 40 miles today. Showed it off to some friends who hadn't yet seen it with the EFI/Spec 2.

Farrar
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Started replacing vacuum lines. Traced route of hard plastic line through barely-reachable grommet through unreachable passage into interior of car, and hoped desperately that the hard plastic line never breaks. Removed seats. Discovered two loose seat studs. Discovered enormous rust spots on passenger carpet from badly rusting passenger seat. Discovered massive rip in passenger carpet. Discovered wood has come loose from fiberglass behind seats. Removed console. Inspected vacuum lines behind radio bracket. Accidentally ripped a ground wire. Removed gummy gaff tape holding old speaker wire to fiberglass left by previous owner. Swore and swore and swore and swore and swore.

Kenny_Z
03-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks everyone, it is so nice not to have that bend looking at me each time I see the car. I got my new coolant bottle mostly in, still waiting on the brackets to dry.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/bottle03.jpg

I cleaned and painted my front calipers red. I know they are supposed to be cad plated gold but I like the red.
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/caliper01.jpg
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/caliper03.jpg

I also started fixing this...
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover01.jpg
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover06.jpg

jackb
03-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Drove mine a good 35, 40 miles today. Showed it off to some friends who hadn't yet seen it with the EFI/Spec 2.
HA! Me too! minus the EFI/Spec 2 part. I took mine for the first drive since finishing installing the DPI exhaust last week and showed it off to/took some friends for rides. It put such a smile on my face.

Farrar
03-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Got most of the interior out before sunset.

Bought a new output flange seal.

Ordered a bunch of hardware from McMaster, including jack nuts to replace missing nuts in rear fascia.

First I will JB-Weld the seat studs back on, and then I will de-rust the metal with my Dremel's wire wheels and re-paint with black Rustoleum.

vwdmc16
03-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Polished some tubes

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/vwdmc16/dmc/SSPX0062.jpg

seventy4burban
03-05-2012, 10:27 AM
When I get back from Florida on Saturday, I will be replacing my A/C evaperator and if my order arrives from Houston by then, installing a headliner set. Pretty excited about the A/C, okay I'm lying I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Farrar
03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
When I get back from Florida on Saturday, I will be replacing my A/C evaperator and if my order arrives from Houston by then, installing a headliner set. Pretty excited about the A/C, okay I'm lying I'm not looking forward to it at all.

I am about to do the evaporator job as well. Prep involves removing the seat and carpet and putting a pillow down since I will be working upside down so much. :lol: Good luck! :)

pezzonovante88
03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Gave the underneath a good spray-off. Looks niiice. Probably will take it home from the shop tomorrow and fiddle with the non-functioning passenger door. What a PO that door is.

jawn101
03-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Finally got the trunk backer boards cut. This 1/8" hardboard is deceptively tough stuff to work with as almost every tool is way too much for it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Farrar
03-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Finally got the trunk backer boards cut. This 1/8" hardboard is deceptively tough stuff to work with as almost every tool is way too much for it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I was planning on using 1/8" ABS plastic. I will let you know if it works out any better than masonite, but yours looks pretty good to me!

jawn101
03-05-2012, 11:06 PM
I was planning on using 1/8" ABS plastic. I will let you know if it works out any better than masonite, but yours looks pretty good to me!

I'd bet money it will be more durable and less likely to warp, especially given the differences in climate between where you and I are. Plastic didn't even occur to me if I'm honest, this is just the same stuff I made my new seatbacks out of and it was handy :)

SIMid
03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
I cleaned and painted my front calipers red.

I'm not sure if you will be able to see them with the design of the wheels.

Kenny_Z
03-06-2012, 09:44 PM

Probably not but they're still shiny with the wheels off ;)

My cracked lower panel is now repaired. The primer I used matches almost perfectly but I still plan to paint the entire thing before it goes back on the car.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover19.jpg

My new coolant bottle makes my hoses look like crap.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/bottle06.jpg

Ozzie
03-06-2012, 09:59 PM

Others will when the car is moving. : )

jawn101
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
My cracked lower panel is now repaired. The primer I used matches almost perfectly but I still plan to paint the entire thing before it goes back on the car.

Looks really good! Wanna come do my louver? :)

pezzonovante88
03-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Installed Special T stainless coolant tank w/brackets. Took it for a short drive to the local drug store where a number of people were ogling over it - I'll really have to get used to that.

John U
03-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Installed Special T stainless coolant tank w/brackets. Took it for a short drive to the local drug store where a number of people were ogling over it - I'll really have to get used to that.

couldn't ask for a nicer day for it! Sadly, my car is still in the garage......

SIMid
03-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Others will when the car is moving. : )

True, but their eyes will be all over the body like a supermodel in a bikini. :tongue2:

jawn101
03-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Pulled the fuel pump access panel to try and track down a fuel smell when the car is parked. Checked and cleaned the boot and cover. Realized that the gauge sender (the car had the Houston upgraded sender when I got it, literally the *only* non-original part besides tires and battery it had installed) was not seated properly. The retaining ring was threaded funny and the seal/sender didn't have their tabs lined up or sitting in the notch in the tank. Cleaned off the fuel and gunk from around the sender and reinstalled it properly.

Smell appears to be gone, and as an added bonus it feels peppier. Not sure if that's a placebo - does the tank need to be pressurized to provide proper fuel flow? I'm not sure.

Also, since the spare tire was out I scraped off all the old foam and glue, cleaned the wheel and tire really well, scrubbed out the whole boot and installed new padding for the tire. It may be useless but it might as well look good.

jfirios
03-08-2012, 12:11 AM
I test fitted the amp and the cross overs into the trunk area. what do you guys think so far?

sean
03-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I test fitted the amp and the cross overs into the trunk area. what do you guys think so far?

Very cool!

SIMid
03-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Got one of these over the weekend at a car show :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/xonrcl.jpg

mluder
03-09-2012, 04:49 AM
Reinstalled the idler pulleys fort air conditioner. A bit complex as the parts I had didn't exactly match the parts or service manual. Nevertheless, it's running smooth and straight and blowing cold.

xbrules
03-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Finally got 2065 Registered here in South Australia. and in the last 3 days have put more than 500 miles on her. Love it!!!

My car with Blackie's car on a cruise this evening in the Adelaide hills.
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq180/xbrules/2012-03-09_18-47-14_972.jpg

jawn101
03-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Finally got 2065 Registered here in South Australia. and in the last 3 days have put more than 500 miles on her. Love it!!!

My car with Blackie's car on a cruise this evening in the Adelaide hills.
http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq180/xbrules/2012-03-09_18-47-14_972.jpg

Wow, two wide-stripe cars! Both original or did you guys add those? Looking good! :)

Jimmyvonviggle
03-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow, two wide-stripe cars! Both original or did you guys add those? Looking good! :)

Usually the original stripes have the DMC rubbed out or faded as opposed to the newer stripes that have the DMC cut out. So my guess is one is an add on.

Farrar
03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Designed a new door lock module. It didn't involve physical contact with the car, but it still counts, right? :P

xbrules
03-09-2012, 08:30 PM

Blackie's car (the back one) has original stripes and the Logos are still in excellent condition. mine has the Special-T kit. It looks fine for me and helps to break up the stainless a little bit.

jawn101
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Blackie's car (the back one) has original stripes and the Logos are still in excellent condition. mine has the Special-T kit. It looks fine for me and helps to break up the stainless a little bit.

They both look great. I go back and forth on whether I like those stripes when I see them in person, but I'm always in love with them in pictures :)

Kenny_Z
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Got one of these over the weekend at a car show :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/xonrcl.jpg

I think I remember watching a Hot Rod TV episode about Motormania. Congrats :D

pezzonovante88
03-09-2012, 09:23 PM
They both look great. I go back and forth on whether I like those stripes when I see them in person, but I'm always in love with them in pictures :)

I agree. Its a tough call. I really like them, but I also really like it without. Maybe when I get bored and want to change the car up a bit, I'll go for the stripe kit.

Kenny_Z
03-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Almost done with the lower engine cover. I want to paint the underside now since the top came out so well.

Gloss black on the grill inserts.
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover21.jpg

I cleaned the cover with a strong degreaser and a scotchbrite.
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover23.jpg

Here it is with a semi-gloss black Rustoleum diluted with a little acetone to make it sprayable.
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover24.jpg

It is hard to tell from the pictures but it went from a greyish to a nice deep black with just a hint of gloss.

mluder
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Replaced the small o-ring in the PPR. Old one was tough and slightly misshapen so the fuel system wasn't holding pressure. Took a guess on the size at the parts store and the new one works great.

Also did my first oil change. It took a bunch of liquid wrench and my brother and law on one side pushing and me on the other pulling to get the drain plug out. Didn't find a copper washer on the plug so whoever did that last oil change skipped it. Replaced the plug with John's magnetic plug with standard bolt head and standard DMC filter courtesy of Toby at DMCNW. Next change should go easier.

pezzonovante88
03-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Almost done with the lower engine cover. I want to paint the underside now since the top came out so well.

Gloss black on the grill inserts.

I cleaned the cover with a strong degreaser and a scotchbrite.

Here it is with a semi-gloss black Rustoleum diluted with a little acetone to make it sprayable

It is hard to tell from the pictures but it went from a greyish to a nice deep black with just a hint of gloss.

Can't wait to see the finished product with the gloss slats!

jawn101
03-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Long day with Clint. Lowering springs in the rear, new output shaft lip seals and flange sleeves, and new redline MTL in the transmission. Great accomplishments.

On the downside, noticed a little coolant in the valley, and the passenger side valve cover gasket is seeping oil. Gonna have to check out both of those soon.

Jonathan
03-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I awoke my dear little shiny friend from 4+ months of hibernation! Fresh charge on the battery, correct tire pressures, checked fluids, checked fuses and relays and bingo, she fired right up on the first try! And are you ready for this?... my brake warning light bulb has magically starting working when using the parking brake! Man I love it when the little Leprechauns get in there and fix things on their own. Must have something to do with St Paddy's day parades today. The luck of the Irish!!

pezzonovante88
03-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Went to the St. Patrick's Day parade in Toronto with ODOC. Great time! Plus, Ken K. fixed my passenger door, so it opens and closes now!!!!!! Thanks Ken!

jawn101
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Went to the St. Patrick's Day parade in Toronto with ODOC. Great time! Plus, Ken K. fixed my passenger door, so it opens and closes now!!!!!! Thanks Ken!

I can't wait to see some pictures of the parade! I told my parents to stop by but I doubt they made it over.

stevedmc
03-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I spent 3 minutes and 18 seconds removing my intake manifold. I then cleaned up my intake valley (noticed I didn't call it a VOD). I then spent a little over 3 minutes and 18 seconds reinstalling my intake manifold.

Kenny_Z
03-11-2012, 09:54 PM
It takes me more than 4 minutes to remove the throttle linkage and air cleaner to my Mustang's carb. Then again I have a 4 barrel and not a dinky 2100 :poke: ;)

I decided not to paint the underside. It wasn't faded or in poor condition, it just needed a good cleaning.
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover26.jpg
http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/Delorean/Projects/cover28.jpg

I took some pictures of it in the car but it was dark and the inserts were reflecting too bad to get a good picture. I'll try to grab one tomorrow morning.

dvonk
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Red's engine cover is looking good, Kenny! :smile: