PDA

View Full Version : Might have seen a DeLorean today.

Karin
12-07-2011, 07:45 PM
This was when I driving on my way to Curves from work on Dairy Ashford today. When I was on the light to turn left onto Briar Forest, I saw a car make a U-turn further back in my rear view window and that's when my OMG-it's-a-DeLorean meter shot through the roof. However, I wasn't 100 percent certain it was what I thought it was because I don't have that great of eyesight (I need to get new glasses). Well, due to my lousy luck with the red lights (which really occurred all day today) just to see if my senses were correct, I could never get close enough until I got stopped by a left turn red light and watched it drive away on Memorial. I decided to go back to my workout, feeling disappointed I couldn't catch up to it but at least I felt kinda happy I got a chance to possibly see one again after a good while. It has been about two years since I last saw a DeLorean in the wild.

I've seen cars that look like DeLoreans over time but my senses knew they weren't when I got close. From the little Honda Accords to the Supras to the Corvettes, all from the 80's.

ramblinmike
12-07-2011, 08:56 PM
This was when I driving on my way to Curves from work on Dairy Ashford today. When I was on the light to turn left onto Briar Forest, I saw a car make a U-turn further back in my rear view window and that's when my OMG-it's-a-DeLorean meter shot through the roof. However, I wasn't 100 percent certain it was what I thought it was because I don't have that great of eyesight (I need to get new glasses). Well, due to my lousy luck with the red lights (which really occurred all day today) just to see if my senses were correct, I could never get close enough until I got stopped by a left turn red light and watched it drive away on Memorial. I decided to go back to my workout, feeling disappointed I couldn't catch up to it but at least I felt kinda happy I got a chance to possibly see one again after a good while. It has been about two years since I last saw a DeLorean in the wild.

I've seen cars that look like DeLoreans over time but my senses knew they weren't when I got close. From the little Honda Accords to the Supras to the Corvettes, all from the 80's.

Every time I've seen one "in the wild" it always took a second to register. I always think, "what is that? Oh - wait!" and it's gone.