PDA

View Full Version : What are those Chinese up to these days ?? Military rapid expansion....

GS450-Junkie
12-11-2011, 02:28 AM
Didn't see any posts on here...been doing some reading and I find it quite an interesting read thus far...actually somewhat alarming. China is rapidly expanding it's military, yet denies all of it saying that they just basically want to protect themselves and should be allowed to do so at any cost. Primary focus at first was satellite communications taking it's own technology from soup can on a string nearly ten years ago to almost on par with the United States as of today. It has launched new satellites to bolster communications technologies. They have also improved and advanced missile systems for eliminating said satellites. These new capabilities allow them to shoot down vital space communication satellites with precision accuracy, ease, and speed. They started to demonstrate this muscle when they began testing this in 2007 by shooting down their own abandoned weather satellites. Recent fluctuations, breeches, and interference with US communication satellites this past summer is being blamed on China...and many people are saying it's a drill in attempt to see how easily and quickly it could be done in addition to see what parts of the US and it's military are affected. It has become very apparent that elimination of the satellites may leave the US vulnerable to attacks.

In addition to communication upgrades, they are stock-piling weapons. They are buying whatever Russia can supply them with. They are developing a naval fleet which at this time is small, but satellite imaging as well as visits from US defense officials have confirmed that large battleships, aircraft carriers, and nuclear submarines are currently being constructed. China's first aircraft carrier which was purchased from Russia not too long ago was completely rebuilt and upgraded and is due to sail by early next year. They have also had their first successful test flight this year of the J-20 fighter jet. This jet also brings them leaps and bounds forward military-speaking from where they were just 10 years ago. This fighter jet is a huge improvement in technology and really opens the door for them in modern warfare. It is designed for long range capability, and just like our stealths, they cannot be detected by radar. They said once perfected, the Chinese will begin producing the jets, filling their soon to be air-craft carriers.

They also have an anti-ship ballistic missile system designed to completely eliminate entire battleships. Experts say China's rapid military advances have exposed the vulnerabilities of one linchpin of U.S. military might: the aircraft carrier battle group. Now, they say, China has advanced just enough to deter or slow such a battle group from joining a fight in East Asia — thereby forcing U.S. strategists to rethink war plans, for example in a flare-up over Taiwan. China wants Taiwan, possibly the Philippines, Vietnam, the entire south China sea and shipping lanes. Japan at some point? These waters are rich with minerals, oil and natural gas. In fact, that region is the world's 4th largest reserve as of today. These areas are highly contested and claimed outright by several different nations including China. Tensions have been mounting as of late, with China becoming overly aggressive in these areas. Not just over minerals or sea property...but because China wants land back. They want to attack, invade, obtain and annex countries such as Taiwan back under their control. Nobody knows just how far they want to take this either. Tensions with the US have increased as well, affecting trade. The US has really angered China as of late by moving troops into this hot area, as well as the fact that we have begun arming Taiwan to defend themselves. (Which we are required to do so by law, but China just sees this as a threat to their overall objective.).

Either 1 or 2 possibilities exist here.... #1 China pushes the United States out of its Pacific backyard without firing a shot. The U.S. will gradually withdraw without China fighting it through means of intimidation, economics, and diplomacy — this is Beijing's plan, and it's very shrewd. By 2025, or sooner, they will have de facto dominance of East Asia, or at least the western Pacific. or.... #2 they are thinking of eventually taking on the US, but maybe only if they need to due to our involvement at some point. Honestly, I think they will leave us alone if we leave them alone...but how often does the US stay out of other peoples' business ?? I'm sure we would get involved if Taiwan, South Korea, or Japan were attacked. The idea alone of knocking out communications in an effort to attack us quickly suggests that we could not mobilize against an attack...leaving us in trouble. Especially if the fighter jets they are trying to perfect are for long range and undetectable with radar. That would point towards the idea of warfare on a larger scale. This puts us at a huge disadvantage. China also has an army of over 1.25 million ground troops alone...the largest in the world. Not to mention.... that US economies are struggling. Budget cuts across the board means less money spent on defense, as well as zero dollars being spent in weapons technologies and development. The US has decreased it's naval fleet because of funding issues.... whereas China's economy is expanding at an exponential rate, and has been for years making rapid expansion possible in the first place. The crazy part of this is that China denies it all and showcases the amount they spend on defense to be insignificant saying none of this is going on because they just simply aren't spending that kind of money on it. Russia has noted that China's economy is booming so well right now, they cannot keep up with demand for military equipment or natural resources being asked to fuel the Chinese expansion movement. It's kind of funny also that Russia is even getting nervous as they are starting to move troops and equipment towards their own borders as well. I think the Chinese definitely have something in mind and are just making sure to cross every t in case they go "all-in." If they engage with us at some point down the road, honestly I think they will be very well prepared." Afterall...don't we owe them quite a bit of money ?? Perhaps they are here to collect ?

Maybe it's just a big bluff ? Who knows....

Brisfx
12-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Interesting thread. President Obama was just here in Australia for an official visit and announced an increase in US Troop presence in Northern Australia in the next few years up 2500 troops. Marines I think. There are a couple of strategic US bases in the north of Australia.

Apparently the Chinese reacted to the announcement and were not happy.

Masaes727
12-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Once in comes out that china has been "cooking" it's own books. A lot of things will change. True a lot of our defense coordination comes via satellites, a lot more doesn't. They may have a million plus standing army, but 95% is just that, infantry. Not trained to do much more than shoot. There economy will take a shit, like the Russians, trying to keep up with us. Like the drone the Iranians got. Appears to be more of a planted drone than a real one. Condition is to good, wrong color and a few other things are wrong with it. Why didn't they show the landing gear?? Why not give them a fake pos and then agree with them it's ours. It's probably more of a Trojan horse than a high altitude spy plane.

GS450-Junkie
12-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Add this to the mix....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45614308/ns/business-world_business/

I think the time will come that the US will only have exports of entertainment i.e. music, movies, tv, UFC, MLB, and the NFL. Scary.....

sean
12-11-2011, 02:02 PM
We are approaching a political thread here so please keep that from happening. That said, I look forward to the day that we file for bankruptcy on all our Chinese debt.

valdez
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Have you seen the google maps discoveries? Interesting stuff, China has been busy. They've got all sorts of weird man made formations in the middle of nowhere. My guess is they got an impressive star wars program.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2061424/Gobi-desert-images-Google-Maps-satellite-spots-bizarre-structures-China.html

Renee_1632
12-13-2011, 09:15 PM
Here's the thing, though. It's not just that we borrow money from them. Even considering import/export alone, our economies are very closely intertwined. At this present point and I'd even wager the next decade, China won't--can't--totally take us out. With our economies currently as they are, it would be economic suicide. Our survivals, for better or worse, depend on the other.
(Russia, on the other hand, is a totally different matter. As they continue their oil/natural gas pipeline into China, they will be in a position where our downfall would not terribly affect them. If China builds a wealthy enough partnership with Russia through this pipeline, then we will no longer be their major prop. And we will potentially be totally screwed.)
As for building up their navy, how do you know it's true? It could be, but it could just be propaganda. And even if it is, it's a show tactic, at least for now. They're a very patient culture. Unlike our "GIMME! GIMME NOW!" mindset, they are more than willing to work for generations to meet a goal.

GS450-Junkie
12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/14/9447273-satellite-spots-chinas-first-aircraft-carrier-at-sea

stevedmc
12-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow that is a long paragraph. I didn't even read the thing but just glancing at it makes me think this might be a political post. Bad human!

sean
12-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Free speech fail and locked.