PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love

Michael
12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
If I was to ever sell my Delorean, I think this car would mend my broken heart very nicely. I just love cars that have been detailed to this level.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Esprit-Turbo-/110794229266?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19cbd9c612

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqV,!k0E68MhP!F7BO4NF()R2!~~_4.JPG

jawn101
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Beautiful! And at DMCFL to boot! :)

Chris Burns
12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
I knew someone who had a 83 and traded later for a 2002. I sat in the 83 and it felt very Delorean like, except a little less room. I liked it though!

opethmike
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Gorgeous Esprit, but the price is INSANE.

tiger38117
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Gorgeous Esprit, but the price is INSANE.

Ya, about double what its worth, even in that condition. Very limited market for that car...though it is on my bucket list.

sean
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah, that's beautiful right there.

dvonk
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
niiiiiice. :hihi2:

opethmike
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Ya, about double what its worth, even in that condition. Very limited market for that car...though it is on my bucket list.

Same here - I'm actually actively looking for one to purchase next summer.

qwerk
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
LOVE the 80's Lotus Esprits. I debate with myself on a daily basis whether I'd rather have one of those, a DeLorean, or something reliable. Reliability usually loses very quickly. ;)

Michael
12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
LOVE the 80's Lotus Esprits. I debate with myself on a daily basis whether I'd rather have one of those, a DeLorean, or something reliable. Reliability usually loses very quickly. ;)

If I were to go all Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, I would write something to the tune of(it reads better if you read in his voice):

There is just something about the S1 and S2 cars that will always appeal to me. Actually I know what that is...its a flawless design. It's a sharp, clean design void of ostentatious curves that are there only to appeal to lesser mortals. It's a simple, but elegant machine that doesn't transcend time, nor does it care to.....it's right at home in it's own hand laid skin. One look at it and you know what era this machine was born in, and it was without a doubt the beauty queen of her day....and still is the cougar of today.

qwerk
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
If I were to go all Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, I write something to the tune of:

There is just something about the S1 and S2 cars that will always appeal to me. Actually I know what that is...its a flawless design. It's a sharp, clean design void of ostentatious curves that are only there appeal to lesser mortals. It's a simple, but elegant machine that doesn't transcend time, nor does it care to.....it's right at home in it's own hand laid bodywork. One look at it and you know what era this machine was born in, and it was without a doubt the beauty queen of her day....and the cougar of this one.

Sounds exactly like what Clarkson would say, haha. It's true though! That car is just a perfect blend of style, power, and handling.

Mark D
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=7373&d=1324271341

qwerk
12-19-2011, 12:13 AM
That picture makes me want a doughnut...

Dangermouse
12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Is that one of those "New Build" Esprits ? :hippo:

Mike C.
12-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Car is just as nice in person as in photos. If I were looking for a lotus, i'd definitely consider this one.

Domi
12-19-2011, 04:45 PM
Yes really a beautiful car.

pezzonovante88
12-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Oh they are beautiful! That one is a bit pricey for what the market is at for those, but yeah, they are pretty damn cool.

SoCalDMC12
12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Same designer penned the D as well (also the De Tomaso Mangusto, original VW Rabbit, Maserati Bora, Subaru SVX, and many others). My favorite designer.

12-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I've been in a few of these back when they were new, tight isn't the word, hard to work on??? I'd say yes after looking under the hood of them.

Did anyone see the showroom of the dealer? Some hot cars including a couple of Deloreans. I'm going to google their web page now.

opethmike
12-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I've been in a few of these back when they were new, tight isn't the word, hard to work on??? I'd say yes after looking under the hood of them.

Did anyone see the showroom of the dealer? Some hot cars including a couple of Deloreans. I'm going to google their web page now.

It is DMC Florida. Tony also does a large amount of exotic car work.

The Esprit is very deceptive in the difficulty to work on. It looks tight and inaccessible, but is actually pretty straight forward to work on if you are willing to sit in the trunk.

Dangermouse
12-20-2011, 04:07 PM

no need

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2534-DMC-Florida-s-Expansion

outatym2001
12-31-2011, 10:10 PM
If I was to ever sell my Delorean, I think this car would mend my broken heart very nicely. I just love cars that have been detailed to this level.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Esprit-Turbo-/110794229266?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19cbd9c612

I love all of the Esprits. If the DeLorean never existed I’d probably be driving an Esprit right now but I can only afford one car at a time.

Just be careful what you wish for.
My entire experience is once riding along in a ’87 Esprit Turbo and once riding and then driving an ’85 Esprit Turbo.

As with any manual transmission car it takes some getting used to the way the gear changes are and the feel for the clutch, brake, and gas pedal. The brakes come on much quicker than my DeLorean perhaps because the Esprit is so much lighter. Like Jammer96 said the interior is more compact than the DeLorean and everything is a little smaller, including the pedals all of the gauges, and the steering wheel. The left front wheel well intrudes on the space for your left foot. Same as many rear mid-engine supercars that have a cab forward design. If you feel confined in the DeLorean you certainly are going to feel even more confined in the Esprit.

The one disapointing thing I experienced when driving the Esprit is the lack of seeing anything when looking over my shoulder. In the DeLorean driver seat you can see through the back window and through both the left and right rear quarter panel window. In the Esprit there is no need to look over your shoulder since you can’t see a darn thing. Yeah, you can look straight back through the rear view mirror.

There is a large space in between the engine and the rear bumper for carrying stuff and that’s a plus.

The ride is more go-kartish than the DeLorean since the Esprit is tinier in length, width and height and you definitely feel when any one of the four wheels hits an irregularity in the road surface. The body doesn’t feel like it has any flex so when one wheels drops into a pot hole the whole body moves with it.

Don’t get me wrong I’d still own any of the Esprits if I could only afford it. Which reminds me they were such a high performance car for their time and on the upper end of expensive I don’t think I could afford even a poorly maintained one since there would be so much to repair or replace.

Don’t forget the Ebay Classifieds thread I started if you’re in the market for anything.
Ebay Classifieds
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1535-Ebay-Classifieds