PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Delorean Performance Refurbished Air Metering Assembly Complete $295.00

Delorean Industries
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
We are now offering our popular refurbished air metering assemblies outside of work performed at our facility.

Service includes:
-complete tear down and rebuild of throttle body, upper and lower air metering halves. All internal metering components disassembled, cleaned and plated as required
-all o rings replaced
-all components powder coated
-Stainless left and right air metering mounting brackets to the intake manifold
-all brass components polished
-new metering housing gasket
-all stainless steel metric hex head hardware 304 grade replacing the stock hardware and washers.
-original stainless micro switch/throttle plate adjustment bracket in stainless
-replacement CO adjustment plug. The plug is removed if not previously done with optional drill and tap option where will install a removable threaded screw to replace the failure prone "rubber plug on a stick".
-polished idle air tube
-polished cold start tube with replacement spark plug wire retainers

Pictures of the finished products below. Please note core charge on your original units returned. The cost of purchasing NOS components that are not also cosmetically refurbished is well over $800.00 for everything.

Refurbished Exchange Price" $ 295.00

When purchased our complete engine powder coat option is discounted to $395.00 and is a direct match to the color on the metering housing. Custom colors on both the metering housing and engine components available upon request. For more information or details on purchasing contact us directly at 330 573 4129 or [email protected]

-Josh Bengston

DMCVegas
12-20-2011, 04:44 PM
What's the chance you might offer up some throttle valves with the spring valves removed, and the holes soldered in?

Delorean Industries
12-20-2011, 04:53 PM
What's the chance you might offer up some throttle valves with the spring valves removed, and the holes soldered in?

We can refurbish just a throttle body to the same specifications as the complete package with the throttle plates modified. We also have stainless throttle plates available without the holes to replace the brass ones as well available upon request. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss this more as I do not openly market the modification yet.

dmc6960
12-20-2011, 05:11 PM

I got one for sale...

DeloreanJoshQ
12-20-2011, 10:14 PM

What specifically does this mod do for the Delorean?

Delorean Industries
12-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Without EFI it is a bad idea. The stock idle system isn't the best at "catching" the idle without causing a hunting condition when the plates slam shut without the bypass valves.
The only reason to do away with the springs is to reduce flow restrictions in the intake stream. To be honest that is the least of the engines layout problems.

GS450-Junkie
12-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Wow ! That's perrrrrrty. Too bad my old flaky fuel distributor would be sitting on top of this nice shiny assembly. Can you refurbish those as well ?

Question... maybe I'm just dumb here, but do you really want to use SS bolts ? Won't they weld themselves in place a couple years down the road ?

I'm considering buying this. I guess that's one way of dealing with a pesky out of adjustment microswitch. :hysterical:

Will you be offering this sort of thing on any other parts to dress up the car ? It's a good price, it's an easy swap, and everything looks and works like new !

Delorean Industries
12-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Not a stupid question at all. We actually use a permatex product on the threads to prevent long term issues while allowing for an awesome stainless accent to the top of the engine.

Upon assembly back on your vehicle you will need to adjust the micro switch screws one your throttle linkage is reattached.

If you have a good working fuel distributor that you would like cosmetically cleaned we offer this for an additional $20.00. If the unit needs rebuilt then it is the full price of $495.00. But regardless it will look just as great as the metering housing regardless.

Turn around time with shipping is about a week.

We offer refurbishment services on many "hard components" that are not failure prone and will be listing all of these services with the outright purchase prices and trade out option on our online store under the refurbished component section on the right drop down menu.

Also we offer the majority of the factory style engine bay brackets in stainless steel as well. I have about 100 items to add by the first of the year to the original stainless pages.

We NO LONGER sell the mild steel factory versions available from DMCH. Our online store has all the parts available just as they do. But where we have developed a stainless replacement that part replaces the original mild steel version and is listed in the parts pages and in the original stainless page.

We have many exciting products coming out in January. A few such as the shifter plates that are delayed due to the holiday over load etc. New Cat back exhaust systems. Turn key 3.0 swaps etc and will be displaying every product we offer at DCS 2012. Its going to take two 25 ft trailers jam packed to bring all of our offerings to the show. Including all available engine packages, SPEC exhausts etc.

Wow ! That's perrrrrrty. Too bad my old flaky fuel distributor would be sitting on top of this nice shiny assembly. Can you refurbish those as well ?

Question... maybe I'm just dumb here, but do you really want to use SS bolts ? Won't they weld themselves in place a couple years down the road ?

I'm considering buying this. I guess that's one way of dealing with a pesky out of adjustment microswitch. :hysterical:

Will you be offering this sort of thing on any other parts to dress up the car ? It's a good price, it's an easy swap, and everything looks and works like new !

opethmike
12-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Looking forward to the shifter plate.

DMCVegas
12-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Without EFI it is a bad idea. The stock idle system isn't the best at "catching" the idle without causing a hunting condition when the plates slam shut without the bypass valves.
The only reason to do away with the springs is to reduce flow restrictions in the intake stream. To be honest that is the least of the engines layout problems.

True...If it's a stock setup.

I've found that if you extend the striker screw and also bend the bracket for the Idle Speed Microswitch up about half an inch, you can get the Idle Speed Circuit to catch the idle early. Instead of having the RPMs just slam down past 750± and then hunt back up, the Idle Speed will instead gently fall like a modern EFI car.

With this modification, a few things happen:

You eliminate *hunting* and engine stalling.
Speed Shifting is easier because the RPMs fall much slower and they match RPMs quicker. Which means less jerks.
Since the deceleration is better controlled, the Decelerator Valves are no longer needed for Emissions Purposes.

Once the Decelerator Valves are out of the picture you can remove them and a MAJOR restriction on the Engine Intake. This is one of John Lane's first recommendations for modding the PRV for better performance. The other thing of course is to adjust your throttle linkage to remove the horrendous slack from the factory to help get your engine revving faster.

In any case, if you've got these throttle plates in stock, they'll certainly be on my upcoming shopping list within the next few months.

sean
12-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Great price and looks great!

D Knight
12-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I have so gotta take a trip to Josh's place this spring! Sounds like some coll stuff coming!

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Great price and looks great!

Thanks Sean. We will also have a replacement stainless version of the idle air tube available as well on the air metering housing along with the stainless hardware, brackets and throttle plates.

Another part we have sourced is the W pipe ( air horn) to throttle body bolt. It is an M7 bolt above the normal stocking length of most hardware distributors. We now have this available in stainless and mild steel/zinc plated.

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 09:49 PM
I have so gotta take a trip to Josh's place this spring! Sounds like some coll stuff coming!

Absolutely! Please stop out and see our shop. We always have a lot of cool projects going on. Feel free to call 330 573 4129 or email at [email protected] and I will make sure to clear plenty of time to show you around.

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 09:51 PM
True...If it's a stock setup.

I've found that if you extend the striker screw and also bend the bracket for the Idle Speed Microswitch up about half an inch, you can get the Idle Speed Circuit to catch the idle early. Instead of having the RPMs just slam down past 750± and then hunt back up, the Idle Speed will instead gently fall like a modern EFI car.

With this modification, a few things happen:

You eliminate *hunting* and engine stalling.
Speed Shifting is easier because the RPMs fall much slower and they match RPMs quicker. Which means less jerks.
Since the deceleration is better controlled, the Decelerator Valves are no longer needed for Emissions Purposes.

Once the Decelerator Valves are out of the picture you can remove them and a MAJOR restriction on the Engine Intake. This is one of John Lane's first recommendations for modding the PRV for better performance. The other thing of course is to adjust your throttle linkage to remove the horrendous slack from the factory to help get your engine revving faster.

In any case, if you've got these throttle plates in stock, they'll certainly be on my upcoming shopping list within the next few months.

Just let us know. I have both the upgraded knife edged stainless versions, stock sized stainless version and brass modified available.

1batt4u
12-23-2011, 10:25 PM
All this sounds very interesting!!!! Really looking forward to seeing all that good stuff!!!

Josh, have you guys thought of S/S coolant pipes?? From engine bay all the way to the radiator.

When I took apart everything, one of the pipes had all these tiny holes, so had to buy another pipe from DMCH. All the other pipes are fine, for the moment! But I see some corrosion and might have tiny holes in the rest of them in the future.

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 10:37 PM
All this sounds very interesting!!!! Really looking forward to seeing all that good stuff!!!

Josh, have you guys thought of S/S coolant pipes?? From engine bay all the way to the radiator.

When I took apart everything, one of the pipes had all these tiny holes, so had to buy another pipe from DMCH. All the other pipes are fine, for the moment! But I see some corrosion and might have tiny holes in the rest of them in the future.

Billy we are already on this. I have Stainless Works producing these for us exclusively. The issue though was cost. Their mandrel bender only goes down to 1.5 inches. We needed to purchase an 1 1/4 mandrel to make this happen so the cost of this was factored into the limited production idea. I ended up deciding to go with producing in quantity and making the engineering, material and tooling costs back long term. They are a little ways back in the que currently on what I need produced first so expect to see the prototype kit around mid March. We are working very hard to make sure this is priced fairly. Mainly by purchasing materials in large quantities etc.

1batt4u
12-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Awesome!!!!

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 10:46 PM
The coolant tube set will come in either a polished or grained finish. The tubing is .060 wall 1 1/4 304 grade stainless and has manufacturing serial numbers up and down the 20 ft sections which I find annoying so mil spec is off the table at this point.

1batt4u
12-23-2011, 10:58 PM
I prefer polished!! I actually started to sand down and smooth out and polish my pipes. They look good.

Delorean Industries
12-23-2011, 11:12 PM
I prefer polished!! I actually started to sand down and smooth out and polish my pipes. They look good.

Most stock pipes are showing signs of their age. Coolant is corrosive to aluminum especially when not serviced frequently. While all metals are effected by this on some level you might as well upgrade to stainless when replacement is required in my book.