PDA

View Full Version : General Anyone ever ship a quarter panel thru gray hound??

painterdave72
01-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Just wondering and if so how much roughly is it?? And did you put it in a big box or just wrap it with foam??? thanks..Dave.

Doogie
01-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I once sent an Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite hood/bonnet from Cincinnati OH to Des Moines Iowa, through Greyhound about 5 years ago.

I took the bonnet, rusty as it was, to greyhound to see if it would even fit. (Their website says it has to fit in the luggage compartment of the bus). I took it inside, they looked at it and said no problem, that'll be $65. I said "ok great, I'll box it up and bring it back..." They said "No problem, we can ship it like that!".

The literally taped the shipping labels to the bonnet, and off it went.

They couldn't tell me exactly how long it would take, but gave me an estimate. (If the next bus on the route doesn't have room for it in the luggage compartment, it goes on the next one)

It got there in 5 days, my buyer was thrilled.

For something as valuable as the quarter panel though, I would definitely box it up.

Doogie

TTait
01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
I sent a rear quarter from Los Angeles to Ohio via Greyhound, I think it was about $60. I used a bicycle box, cut down slightly, with foam spacers around the quarter to protect it. The main limitation to keep in mind is that you can only value the item at $300 for the insurance.

I'm told it arrived with no damage in less than a week.

Tom

Delorean Industries
01-03-2012, 08:37 AM
As stated the only down side is the lack of coverage on items over a $300.00 value. Ship at your own risk. We have been lucky so far but luck runs out as we all know.

stevedmc
01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Hervey shipped me two recovered seats via Greyhound. He boxed them up and shipped them for about $80. It only took a day or so for both seats to get here.

If I remember correctly they ship based on weight and they don't seem to care what the dimensions of the package are, as long as it fits on the bus.

I was happy with the service and would recommend it.

painterdave72
01-03-2012, 11:28 AM
i will probably box this up this week and take it to them