PDA

View Full Version : No idle when cold

delorean pt
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Dear friends
My car is now running again but when its could it doesnt maintain idle , only when it gets hot . Its seams to me that idle low speed regulator isnt working.
How can i check it and can it be something else?
Thanks
Nuno

Bitsyncmaster
01-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Dear friends
My car is now running again but when its could it doesnt maintain idle , only when it gets hot . Its seams to me that idle low speed regulator isnt working.
How can i check it and can it be something else?
Thanks
Nuno

Is the idle motor buzzing? Is the idle micro switch engaged?

delorean pt
01-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Is the idle motor buzzing? Is the idle micro switch engaged?

Im not sure what you mean, the problem is that i have to keep the gaz pedal above 10000 until it get hot then it holds idle
Thanks

Bitsyncmaster
01-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Im not sure what you mean, the problem is that i have to keep the gaz pedal above 10000 until it get hot then it holds idle
Thanks

Just need to know if your idle system is working at all. The first step is to know the idle system has power. A buzzing idle motor would verify it has power.

delorean pt
02-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Just need to know if your idle system is working at all. The first step is to know the idle system has power. A buzzing idle motor would verify it has power.

Problem solved , took the idle valve out and cleaned it with a small brush and wd40 until it started moving . Refitted and perfect! Thank you all!