PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas DeLoreans

DeLoreanman
01-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Since I didn't forcast the crash of .com, I didn't save any of my contacts. Would the Arkansas owners please stand up? I'm wanting to start an Arkansas club but need more people than just me to do it. I know there are a few guys out there, I just have to find them.

leroyvette
01-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I am in Texarkana, Texas---almost Arkansas. Great to know another D owner is so close --bought 2126 last May---dead for 22 years---running good now---drove today--have put 2000 miles on since brought to life in June, 2010.
Please keep me posted on club organization----I would like to be involved, meet other owners, etc.
[email protected]

DeLoreanman
01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
I am in Texarkana, Texas---almost Arkansas. Great to know another D owner is so close --bought 2126 last May---dead for 22 years---running good now---drove today--have put 2000 miles on since brought to life in June, 2010.
Please keep me posted on club organization----I would like to be involved, meet other owners, etc.
[email protected]

Are you serious?! I used to live at the Links apartments in Texarkana in 08-09, now I live in Bossier City. I used to make the drive to Bossier everyday, glad those days are over. 90 miles in the morning and 90 miles in the afternoon wears a person down real quick.

I've owned 10989 since 2005 but am about to sell her. It needs a new frame but with two mortgage payments, I can't afford that kind of repair and I'm not man enough to drive her as is. Instead of letting her rot for who knows how long, I want to sell her to a good home that will take care of her. She is after all my mistress.

If I remember correctly there were at least 5 Arkansas owners on the .com site, but I didn't get any info on any of them so when .com crashed I lost all my contacts. One in south central Arkansas, 1 in the North Little Rock area, 1 in Mountain Home, 1 in Hot Springs, and one in Mountain View.

You know, the new underbodies from DMC are made in Vivian. I've thought about making a trip down there to check it out but have decided that would be a creeper thing to do.

leroyvette
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Tell me more about your D for sale---how bad is the frame----Email me details,---hope we get more responses from other Ark owners.

DeLoreanman
01-12-2012, 08:47 PM
PM sent. I've wanted to form a club for a couple of years now. Since I am moving back in a couple of months I figured it is time to get on the ball.

Jacko
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
PM sent ... I'd be interested in a club also. Let's do it!

DeLoreanman
01-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Reviving the dead here.....Lets plan a meet sometime this summer. I've got the space if anyone is willing to drive to Hot Springs, if not then I'm willing to go anywhere just whatever works to make it happen. I'll send you guys PMs.

tiger38117
01-21-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm in Memphis, that's almost Arkansas...if there's a get together I might like to visit.

DeLoreanman
01-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Close enough! I haven't heard back from anyone yet. There are DeLoreans all over Arkansas so a meeting at a convienent location for everyone should be doable. I'll keep you posted when I hear something.

leroylem
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Close enough! I haven't heard back from anyone yet. There are DeLoreans all over Arkansas so a meeting at a convienent location for everyone should be doable. I'll keep you posted when I hear something.

I responded to your first message early 2012. I am in Texarkana, Tx.(2126), I now have a new email address---please keep me informed of any meeting/organization plans.I am retired, so most any time is OK with me.

[email protected]

DeLoreanman
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
That would explain the silence. Sending email now.