PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Suspension bushings - which to choose?

jawn101
01-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm trying to plan out my suspension upgrades. So far I've settled on the Spax all around and the lowering springs, either from Houston or Hervey. I'd also like to do all of the pertinent bushings at the same time.

Does anyone have any feedback on the bushings from any of the vendors? Poly vs traditional? I see Hervey has the poly ones for the front end but not the sway bar to crumple zone, and it would run about $200 for the set. I can get the missing bushings from DPI ($25) or DPNW ($65) in poly. DPNW has a complete sway bar kit (for the crumple zone and where the sway bar mounts to the LCA,) for about $100, but that would leave me needing the other bushings, which would be $170 from Hervey.

DMC Europe also has really nice looking ones, but they're way expensive.

Is there any major advantage or disadvantage to any of these? I don't mind the extra cost if one part is better than another. Is poly definitely the way to go?

Also, if anyone has pictures from the rear with the yellow Spax installed I'd love to see, I'm not sure if going with the black is worth the extra money it will cost.

rundmc
01-23-2012, 06:18 PM
I have the yellow SPAX. No photos of the back, but really I never have had an issue with the yellow shocks. The car is so low anyway...

My suspension is a mix of new rubber and new poly. I have the UK front springs with SPAX, the Europe LCA outriggers and poly sway bar end bushings. The sway bar mounting bushings are OEM new from DMCH.

jawn101
01-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I have the yellow SPAX. No photos of the back, but really I never have had an issue with the yellow shocks. The car is so low anyway...

My suspension is a mix of new rubber and new poly. I have the UK front springs with SPAX, the Europe LCA outriggers and poly sway bar end bushings. The sway bar mounting bushings are OEM new from DMCH.

Hmm, OK. I agree on the yellow SPAX I think. I like the stock look but will get over it quick. I was thinking about those outriggers, but I don't think I really drive the car hard enough to need them. I definitely want to replace any bushing I take out while the shock/spring replacement is happening - but am just not sure which ones are right. What made you pick OEM over poly for the ones you did?

Jacko
01-24-2012, 06:20 AM
Attached is a shot of 4915 with SPAX shocks from the rear ...

Byrne H&A
01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Hello Jon,
Checkout our Lower Control Arms that include both the rear pivot urethane bushing as well as the Anti-Roll Bar urethane bushings
See www.DeLoreanupgradeparts.com Byrne