PDA

View Full Version : Oliver Twist rifles through my Minivan

Dangermouse
02-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Last night, obviously in honor of Charles Dickens’ 200th birthday (which is today), a group of disheveled street urchins rifled through my DD’s pockets, while it lay sleeping, looking for a silver pocket-watch, or per-chance a silk ‘kerchief. Their standards must have been higher than one would expect, as they turned their snotty noses up at my TomTom and Bluetooth Jabra. Typical of their ilk, I’m sure they wore baggy ill-fitting garb, all the better to conceal the fruits of their labor. I must admit to a certain guiltiness in not keeping the van stocked with suitable plunder for them to bring back to their Fagin, I fear they may be in for a thrashing.

They were last seen running down the street, arm in arm, all the while singing “you’ve got to pick a glovebox or two, guv, you’ve got to pick a glovebox or two”

Had I encountered them, I may have been forced to give them a cheerful clip round the ear with my silver-topped cane, those scallywags.

Rat bastards !

dvonk
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
ugh, my condolences. im sure you recall a similar incident with my DD. nothing stolen but a handful of change... :frown:

Farrar
02-07-2012, 10:09 PM
The phrase "Baker Street Irregulars" springs to mind.