PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Dayton, OH

DeLorean03
02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Hey everyone,

So finally, I am going to be commissioned as a 2Lt in the USAF. It has been a long and tough road, but on 17 Feb 2012, it becomes a reality!

I am headed to Wright Patterson AFB, and inevitably, I'm going to be out of a home for a couple days while I go apartment/house hunting. Was wondering if anyone (in the Dayton/Columbus/Cincinatti area) would happen to have a spare room/roof to stay under for a couple days while I find a place. Of course, I would be willing to re-imburse. I'm no leech (:. If not, no biggie, just thought I'd ask! Thank you for your time, everyone!

sean
02-09-2012, 10:21 AM
So finally, I am going to be commissioned as a 2Lt in the USAF. It has been a long and tough road, but on 17 Feb 2012, it becomes a reality!

Congratulations on the accomplishment!

Rich W
02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Check with Ken K. and/or Josh (the DCS guys) based in the Cinci area.

Dracula
02-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Congratulations and best of luck.

DeLorean03
02-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Thank you, everyone. I have found arrangements, and everything is settled and good to go. Thank you for your help and encouragement!

DeLorean03
02-22-2012, 03:52 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know that I have officially made it to Dayton :D!! I am in the Wright Patterson Inn on-base, and the DeLorean will not be here until sometime in May, but I have arrived and am moving into my new place next week! Anyhoo, I'll see you soon Ohio DeLorean Club!

Jeremy Popp
02-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Glad you made it, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. Too bad your D won't be here in time for the St. Patricks day parade - maybe i'll see you at the May tech session?

DeLorean03
02-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh I'll still be at the parade, bud (:. Don't need a D to hang out :D. As for mine, well, yeah bummer it wont be here for the parade - but it'll be here soon enough! I don't want it in the snow - at all - period.

living_the_dream
02-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Nice to know you made it there and everything is going smoothly. How are you getting the D all the way to Ohio? Did you ever get Eddie to upgrade your engine? I believe I remember that was on your list of things to do.

DeLorean03
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Eddie and I are talking once again about it. It was not feasible as a student in school to have him upgrade the car. Now that I am done with my BSEE and graduated from OTS, we can start to consider it down the road. As far as getting it up here, either going to fly down and then drive it back, or I'll just have it transported up here. The thought of driving that far again makes me gag. I know the car will make it; I don't know if I will though :P.

living_the_dream
02-28-2012, 12:27 AM
I still have the engine he built for me in the garage. I haven't had the time or money to install it yet...I haven't actually driven my D for 2 years almost now. Been so busy!

Nicholas R
02-28-2012, 02:39 AM
Welcome to Ohio! If you want, we're getting together this Thursday evening at Ken's building to work on a few cars getting them ready for the St. Patty's day parade. Mine wont be in the parade this year either but I'm going to drive one of Ken's extras instead. PM me if you're interested.

DeLorean03
02-28-2012, 11:12 PM
PM sent!