PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in NE Atlanta area willing to look at a car for me?

eagle-co94
02-18-2012, 09:59 AM
It's not a DeLorean, but it would need similar things looked at, most notably rust. If anyone has a few hours they can spare I'd appreciate it. The car is in Lilburn and is a 1962 Impala. No pressure, just asking as I'm stuck here in Germany for another 53 days otherwise I'd check it out myself.

nullset
02-18-2012, 10:00 AM
It's not a DeLorean, but it would need similar things looked at, most notably rust. If anyone has a few hours they can spare I'd appreciate it. The car is in Lilburn and is a 1962 Impala. No pressure, just asking as I'm stuck here in Germany for another 53 days otherwise I'd check it out myself.

When do you need this done? I don't work far from lilburn, but I also don't know anything about Impalas……

--buddy

eagle-co94
02-18-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm not in a huge rush, but maybe in the next week or two? Do you know anything about looking at old cars? The big issue is rust. I know the passenger floorpan needs to be replaced. The biggest areas of concern are the 1/4 panels, wheel wells, floor pans and chassis. The motor and trans are out of the car and the transmission is a new in the box from Summit Racing, so it should look perfect. The motor is an older small block chevy 350. The car would likely be towed back to FL on a dolly.

nullset
02-18-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm not in a huge rush, but maybe in the next week or two? Do you know anything about looking at old cars? The big issue is rust. I know the passenger floorpan needs to be replaced. The biggest areas of concern are the 1/4 panels, wheel wells, floor pans and chassis. The motor and trans are out of the car and the transmission is a new in the box from Summit Racing, so it should look perfect. The motor is an older small block chevy 350. The car would likely be towed back to FL on a dolly.

I know a little, but I'm not super knowledgable. I'd be happy to go by with my camera and take lots of pictures, though.

PM me the address and contact info for the seller and I'll try to see if we can work out a time.

--buddy

eagle-co94
02-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks Buddy! Sending PM now.