PDA

View Full Version : DeLoreans In The Wild! Post your pics here

Pages : [1] 2

jackb
02-18-2012, 04:08 PM
My sister just texted me this picture, taken at ~12:30 on Saturday, 18 Feb 12.
Heading North on Wantagh Ave at the corner of Jerusalem Ave in Wantagh.
License plate CBN 4671.
Anybody here?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/photo.jpg

*edit, I feel like a dummy for making a typo in the thread title - "win" instead on "in". doh.

Jimmyvonviggle
02-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Whoever that was i hope he wasn't going to KFC, because you will never get the smell of fried chicken out of your DeLorean.

Karin
02-19-2012, 01:17 AM
That's a very nice catch of a DeLorean out in the wild, and one with a racing stripe, no doubt.

Jonathan
02-19-2012, 09:09 AM
That's a very nice catch of a DeLorean out in the wild, and one with a racing stripe, no doubt.

Does that car have BOTH pin stripes? The small, thin one at the top, AND the wider one at the bottom? If the owner is on here, it would be nice to see some pics from the side to see how it looks. I don't think I've ever seen a car with both installed at once.

dvonk
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
hm, it does look like it has both kinds of stripes. i have never seen that either, but i had asked in another thread (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?1088-Accessories-Ski-Rack-Adaptor&p=12016&viewfull=1#post12016) if anyone had ever done it. now we have a photographic evidence.

DMC3165
02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
I spotted this same car last summer! My parents live in Levittown. I was driving my D to their house about 7am one Sat morning. I was making the left onto n.Jerusalem off of wantagh ave and he was heading the opposite way. We flicked our high beams and shared a friendly wave and that was it. I believe its an older gentleman and I think the car has aftermarket fog lights in the front.

There is a D floating around that area that is not a member of any clubs or the message boards.

jackb
02-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Huh, how about that, I didn't notice the thin grey stripe until it was pointed out here.

Karin
02-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I just studied the car your sister was driving and recognized the Honda Civic from the dashboard. My mom has the same car. Is it blue and a coupe by any chance?

jackb
02-21-2012, 11:10 PM
I just studied the car your sister was driving and recognized the Honda Civic from the dashboard. My mom has the same car. Is it blue and a coupe by any chance?lol, I had to think for a minute to be able to answer this; My Sister, my Dad, my Brother and I all have Civics. Sister has a 8th gen silver 4 door, Dad has a 8th gen grey 4 door, Brother has a 7th gen blue coupe and I have a 7th gen black coupe.

SIMid
02-21-2012, 11:21 PM
We need a "UFD" thread. :)

Jonathan
02-22-2012, 07:10 AM
On second thought... do you think there's any chance that the upper thin pin stripe is just a shadow reflection of something? Like power lines on the other side of the street? I tried to zoom in and it looks like it gets wider and then disappears before the front of the car.

Delorean02378
02-22-2012, 08:32 AM
On second thought... do you think there's any chance that the upper thin pin stripe is just a shadow reflection of something? Like power lines on the other side of the street? I tried to zoom in and it looks like it gets wider and then disappears before the front of the car.

Definitely not a shadow, I remember seeing this Delorean at Rob's and it had the thin stripe on top and the thick stripe on the bottom. I remember thinking to myself "why?"

To each his own.

Kirk

Mike C.
02-22-2012, 09:55 AM
A thread specifically for DeLoreans spotted in the wild. Post up your pics, where and when you saw them!

Chris Burns
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
My friend spotted this one in Naples:

ramblinmike
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
We need a thread of, "I saw this DeLorean in the wild while driving my DeLorean".

dvonk
04-05-2012, 08:06 PM
not a picture, but... my girlfriend a ND native, has a Facebook friend who just spotted a DeLorean driving in Fargo. anyone from Fargo go out for a drive today? :biggrin:

DeLorean
04-05-2012, 08:48 PM
We need a thread of, "I saw this DeLorean in the wild while driving my DeLorean".

Wonder if anyone has actually had a random chance sighting of a DeLorean, in a DeLorean? Bet that's not something that happens more than once a year. - play the powerball!

82DMC12
04-05-2012, 11:28 PM
To dvonk.... Probably me! VIN11596 reppin' North Dakota.... I picked up the lady to go to a dinner party. Cool that it found mention here!

dvonk
04-05-2012, 11:42 PM
nice! i knew there is at least one Fargo DeLorean owner here on the forum, cool that it was you! :biggrin:

Kenny_Z
04-06-2012, 02:51 PM
Wonder if anyone has actually had a random chance sighting of a DeLorean, in a DeLorean? Bet that's not something that happens more than once a year. - play the powerball!

I would have but I didn't take my D to Walmart that morning. On the way back to my house Delorean03 drove by on his way into Pensacola.

thirdmanj
04-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Found another!! This one was literally right down the street from my house, about a block. At a motorcycle dealership and is owned by one of the mechanics. The story goes, his boss sent him up to Ohio in '83 to pick up his newly acquired DeLorean from a liquidation lot in Ohio. When the boss died a few years back, he purchased it off the widow. It's all original he says she's got 4,000 original miles, and it's still sitting on the Good Year NCTs that appear to be in great shape. His quote, "Every time I drive her something breaks". As usual I offered my assistance in required repairs, and told him that I was just a block away. She really is in fine shape considering. Driver's seat is a bit rough, binnacle and dash are perfect, and the stainless looks brand new (under the pollen of course) Gentlemen, I give you the newly located, VIN 10819.
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a04793-8947-4813.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a04793-8953-52a4.jpg

DeLorean03
04-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I would have but I didn't take my D to Walmart that morning. On the way back to my house Delorean03 drove by on his way into Pensacola.

That morning back in Dec 2011 (: ?

Chris Cooling
04-12-2012, 09:34 PM
just joined the site and the help here is awesome thnx

Dangermouse
04-12-2012, 09:58 PM

Welcome Chris.

Is the photo of your car or one you randomly saw.

Either way - details please

pezzonovante88
04-12-2012, 10:15 PM

Hey! Chris. Welcome man. We met at the parade in Toronto.

Jonathan
04-12-2012, 10:34 PM
"Here's a pic of my D in the wild" ---> neat interpretation Chris ;) ...your car out amongst some shrubbery, bush, woods, "wild". Hahaha. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Here's a picture a friend sent me of a fellow ODOC member's car. He took this and texted it to me. He has a right hand drive Nissan GTR so we've gone to a few shows together. Funniest thing I heard him say was how up until he went to a show with me and the DeLorean, he said HE was always the centre of attention. Welcome to the insanity.

Chris Cooling
04-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Welcome Chris.

Is the photo of your car or one you randomly saw.

Either way - details please

shes mine 1982 canadian issue 5 speed 60000 km painted by the dealer kerr oakville,ontario in 1983

Hey! Chris. Welcome man. We met at the parade in Toronto.

thanks for the welcome, ahhh mister ny deloren lowered

Kenny_Z
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
That morning back in Dec 2011 (: ?

Yep, that was it.

john 05141
04-23-2012, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=Chris Cooling;51470]shes mine 1982 canadian issue 5 speed 60000 km painted by the dealer kerr oakville,ontario in 1983

It is one of the nicest colors I've seen on a Delorean, very nice.
John

Dangermouse
04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Found another!! This one was literally right down the street from my house, about a block. At a motorcycle dealership and is owned by one of the mechanics. The story goes, his boss sent him up to Ohio in '83 to pick up his newly acquired DeLorean from a liquidation lot in Ohio. When the boss died a few years back, he purchased it off the widow. It's all original he says she's got 4,000 original miles, and it's still sitting on the Good Year NCTs that appear to be in great shape. His quote, "Every time I drive her something breaks". As usual I offered my assistance in required repairs, and told him that I was just a block away. She really is in fine shape considering. Driver's seat is a bit rough, binnacle and dash are perfect, and the stainless looks brand new (under the pollen of course) Gentlemen, I give you the newly located, VIN 10819.
]

Manual/auto?

Grey/black interior?

Farrar
05-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Couldn't believe my eyes yesterday when I was helping a friend move some paintings out of her house and right down the block was a covered DeLorean. I thought I recognized the front end immediately, but had my doubts until I saw the right rear wheel uncovered. It looks like an early (dark) wheel but it could just be dirty. This was mid-afternoon and there appeared to be no one at home but a cleaning lady who didn't want to do anything but simply wave from the livingroom window. I am thinking of driving my D there and saying hello. :) You can't really tell from the pic but I know it was a DeLorean wheel I saw on the right rear there. Besides, what other car has eyebrows visible under a tarp? :lol:

P.S.: This car is five minutes from where I work, so I will keep an eye on it. :)

Grover
05-22-2012, 02:52 PM

I have, once. And my reaction? 'Holy Crap it's a DeLorean!' ::Slams on the gas:: (Meanwhile, I am currently driving the one I own, but I still get that reaction every time I see one randomly).

I have encountered a few DeLoreans while driving, but only once while driving my car (and not on the way to any DeLorean/DeLorean owner gatherings, and that was not parked at auto shops (I have passed a 3-4 at shops, and they are not owners in the club, but that doesn't count as being 'in the wild' to me).

Turns out it was someone in the DMA that had just bought their car, and this happened before they joined the club. It was pretty funny, the owner gave me the thumbs up as I passed by and honked on the highway.

(Picture was taken with an old blackberry)

Grover
05-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Here is a picture my friend in Germany sent me of a DeLorean he spotted on the Autobahn (the license plate is blacked out because I posted it on a website I have of all the cars I run into in the 'Wild'; Roamingcars.com)

jackb
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
I finally saw my first Delorean in the wild last night!!!
I go to a bar in a town (San Luis Obispo "SLO" CA) about 30 miles from my apartment a few times a week, and I normally drive the D when I go to SLO.
Last night, another one of the regulars says to me, did you see there's a Delorean out front? I go, yeah, that's mine, and he goes, no, there's another one, right down the block! :jawdrop:
I run outside looking for it, and sure enough, about 50 meters away, another Delorean! I had heard from a friend there was another in town after he thought he saw me someplace I wasn't, but this was incredible! What were the odds I was finally seeing one in the wild, on a night I had mine no less!
I left a note under the windshield wiper and about an hour later the owner texted me. We met up for a quick minute, talked about a few things related to each others cars, and agreed we needed to make sure to meet up again. I told him about the forum, so James, if you're reading this, Hey!
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_1930.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_1929.jpg

jackb
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
A friend spotted a D last week and sent me this picture (I forgot to post it here until now). She saw it at a Chick-fil-a in Tuscon, AZ on Monday, July 30 2012 at about 1pm. Of course I asked for details as soon as she texted me, but she had already left.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_2251.jpg

jackb
08-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Oh, AND I spotted my second D in the wild on 7/28/12. I was about to get on the highway to go to where mine was to work on it, and I spotted one exiting the highway.
At first I thought it was another local owners (the first D I had ever seen in the wild, scroll up to post #34) but I noticed a difference on the rear bumper, so I skipped the on-ramp, pulled aside and yup, different owner. I rolled down the window, and so he wouldn't think I a lunatic, I said I own 6720! and asked if he had time to pull over for a moment. He lives about 20 miles from me, and it's his daily driver. We BS'd a bit and exchanged contact info, agreed it would be cool for me him and the other local owner to get together and really turn heads (it's a small town to have 3 owners here I think)
I took a picture, but won't post it here b/c it's more of us than the car. But still a sighting worth documenting to me.

pezzonovante88
08-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Sunday, I had an encounter with one near my house. It was a non-club owner, but I didn't get a good look at the car. It was really quite exciting, though. The whole story is on the Ontario Delorean Club section.

maragni1985
08-10-2012, 06:19 PM
A friend spotted a D last week and sent me this picture (I forgot to post it here until now). She saw it at a Chick-fil-a in Tuscon, AZ on Monday, July 30 2012 at about 1pm. Of course I asked for details as soon as she texted me, but she had already left.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_2251.jpg What a beauty. a speck of dirt like me could never have something so great.

thirdmanj
09-01-2012, 09:05 AM
The first time this has ever happened. While driving the DeLorean we just happened upon this guy. He was not very sociable. In fact, when I pulled up right behind him, he almost just shut his door and left with out saying anything. Well, I was able to stop him for just a brief moment.

Me: Hey there! How ya doing have we met?
Guy: No I don't think so.
Me: We'll my names James its nice to meet you!
Guy: Hi my names Mike
Me: Well this is just crazy, this just never happens around here! What year is she?
Mike: '82
Me: Well she's very pretty man!
Mike: How long have you had yours?
Me: About five years now.
Mike: Whats your mileage?
Me: 23,000
Mike: Oh, I'm about 4,000
Me: We'll that's fantastic man! Look, I can you're trying to get outta here, so don't let me keep you. I'm on DMCTalk, ever get on there?
Mike: No I don't do that.
Me: Well, would you ever like to meet up sometime? Do a show?
Mike: No I don't really take it out too much.
Me: Oh, ok then. It was nice meeting you man. See ya later!
Mike: Ok, bye!

This guy was just not having any kind of dialogue. I was really excited, you know seeing one in the wild, whilst in mine. But this guy was giving off the "why the hell is this guy talking to me" vibe. Well, anyway. I THINK it's VIN 10089, but I can't be sure.
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a04793-0823-4909.jpg

DeLorean03
09-01-2012, 12:07 PM
This guy was just not having any kind of dialogue. I was really excited, you know seeing one in the wild, whilst in mine. But this guy was giving off the "why the hell is this guy talking to me" vibe.http://img.tapatalk.com/46a04793-0823-4909.jpg

That's a bummer when that happens. Some people have just owned their DeLorean for so long (prolly before internet/DMCTalk days), and they've owned it "alone" without having much contact with other owners that they can't get outside their comfort zone to socialize with fellow owners. Prolly didn't help that it looks like there's at least 20 years age difference. Some people struggle with relating to others who are younger than them. It's not so bad in group settings or big get-togethers, but 1-on-1 and especially meeting for the first time, some people just struggle with being social while having a big age gap.

Good try though to get him involved here at the forums or to go to local shows together. He looks like he'd be someone who has owned the car for a long, long time - like before DMCH days. I'm guessing he remembers the days before the recent "DeLoreans are cool!!!" wave when the DeLorean was the car for all sorts of butt-end of jokes. Heck, I remember in late 2003 when I got my car, there were a decent number of people who had some pretty rude things to say about the car. If that is the case and he only takes it out rarely because of the fear of dealing with rude people, that's a real shame.

Chris Burns
09-01-2012, 12:34 PM
That's a shame that the owner wasn't to chatty with you, but as Delorean 03 pointed out he was probably a owner from way back when.

The owner of the first Delorean I saw back in 93 didn't drive his much either. He took it to a few shows and drove it to the store every now and then. He was always concerned about people denting his car with shopping carts or their car door. The car still exists today and thankfully has been garage kept for most of it's life. I have been in contact with the daughter of the owner (who passed away a few years ago) and the car looks great, but needs some mechanical work. They are saving it for someone in the family I think. It's an 81, 5 speed, grey interior, black stripe package.

Domi
09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Thats weird, I think every owner, new or old should share their knowldege or at least to be kind with other owner or enthusiast.

Mike Z
09-02-2012, 03:17 PM
This guy was just not having any kind of dialogue. I was really excited, you know seeing one in the wild, whilst in mine. But this guy was giving off the "why the hell is this guy talking to me" vibe. Well, anyway. I THINK it's VIN 10089, but I can't be sure.
http://img.tapatalk.com/46a04793-0823-4909.jpg

That sucks that he was like that, oh well. Was this Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake?

Mike Z
09-02-2012, 03:20 PM
My friend on Long Island spotted this one in the wild about three weeks ago. I believe the license plate is 1GR8STRY which I know I've seen before in pics online or possibly even at the 2011 DMA Spring Social; either way the plate looks familiar.

Dangermouse
09-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I think that is DMC3165 on this forum. His plate is in his sig, but I can't see it via Tapatalk

Re the previous sighting, Mike maybe hates BTTF and was just trying to get out of there before the comment started.

thirdmanj
09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Found another and boy oh boy is she in sad shape. I pulled a note out of my mail box yesterday and it was from a guy who had seen my DeLorean parked in the driveway. His brother has one that he's been working on, off and on for years now. He's an eccentric mad electrician that's just loaded with aspirations and "plans" for the DeLorean. I've offered my services on helping him to get it going. But I told him that he's gonna have to let me work my way, and his custom electronics stuffs gonna have to wait. I told first we have to get her road worthy again. He's still on the fence about selling it. So I told him that can wait. But here's the word she's 1693 and really torn apart. It's gonna be a real job to get her back up. Good news is he's got front and rear fascias that need a little work, I told them I'd clean them up a bit and sell them for him.

Anyways, I'll do the best job researching on here before I post repeat questions, but its bound to happen. Thanks again guys.

Oh yeah, he wouldn't let me take any picks of it because he had "super secret" stuff back there around it. LoL

Chris Burns
09-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Found another and boy oh boy is she in sad shape. I pulled a note out of my mail box yesterday and it was from a guy who had seen my DeLorean parked in the driveway. His brother has one that he's been working on, off and on for years now. He's an eccentric mad electrician that's just loaded with aspirations and "plans" for the DeLorean. I've offered my services on helping him to get it going. But I told him that he's gonna have to let me work my way, and his custom electronics stuffs gonna have to wait. I told first we have to get her road worthy again. He's still on the fence about selling it. So I told him that can wait. But here's the word she's 1693 and really torn apart. It's gonna be a real job to get her back up. Good news is he's got front and rear fascias that need a little work, I told them I'd clean them up a bit and sell them for him.

Anyways, I'll do the best job researching on here before I post repeat questions, but its bound to happen. Thanks again guys.

Oh yeah, he wouldn't let me take any picks of it because he had "super secret" stuff back there around it. LoL

1693 black interior automatic?

thirdmanj
09-26-2012, 02:29 PM
1693 black interior automatic?

Black interior, manual iirc.

Notifier
10-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Friend of mine on vacation down in Orlando spotted this on I-4 today and texted me this picture. I told him if he caught up with them that we love it when people ask about the flux capacitor!

Jonathan
10-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Friend of mine on vacation down in Orlando spotted this on I-4 today and texted me this picture. I told him if he caught up with them that we love it when people ask about the flux capacitor!

Funny to finally get a look at what one of these pictures looks like. The ones I mean where the driver behind you is fumbling over his steering wheel with his cell phone camera and you're looking in your rear view mirror wondering if he his going to plough into you if you have to stop quickly. This happens daily for me for whatever reason. Or even better, at night when the guy is speed matching beside you on the highway, going head on into opposing traffic in the wrong lane, and you look over to see WTH is going on only to be met with the flash from his camera.

Karin
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Looks like I have finally found a DeLorean in the wild after maybe close to two years. I didn't get a picture of it. For some odd reason, when I saw it, my heart didn't freak out like it normally does when I spot one. I guess that is because I've been getting my hefty dose for DeLoreans at the Coffee and Cars event (this month there was seven). However, this DeLorean I saw today was none of those.

I was driving down on the Westheimer Parkway with my dad to the Mann Eye Institute to have my eyes examined (and later today I am going to have my Lasiks surgery. I'm excited!). Then before the light out in the middle of nowhere on the Parkway, I saw a DeLorean. I had to stop for the light and the DeLorean turned left on my side, but fortunately, the light didn't last long and I was able to catch up to it. Since my dad was with me, he was curious about what kind of engine it has, since to him it didn't sound very loud and powerful. While he was talking about the small history of the technology of V6's during the 70's and the 80's after I told him, I was able to stick behind the DeLorean until we had to to turn right on Fry road. I was able to see its license plate when I got closer though.

So, maybe any of the Houstonians might enlighten me if they've seen this car or someone that comes here owns it. It had a thick racing stripe on it, the license plate was from Washington, not Texas, and I believe it said "BAKNTYM".

I was happy to see this car. That brightened up my morning. :)

thirdmanj
10-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Looks like I have finally found a DeLorean in the wild after maybe close to two years. I didn't get a picture of it. For some odd reason, when I saw it, my heart didn't freak out like it normally does when I spot one. I guess that is because I've been getting my hefty dose for DeLoreans at the Coffee and Cars event (this month there was seven). However, this DeLorean I saw today was none of those.

I was driving down on the Westheimer Parkway with my dad to the Mann Eye Institute to have my eyes examined (and later today I am going to have my Lasiks surgery. I'm excited!). Then before the light out in the middle of nowhere on the Parkway, I saw a DeLorean. I had to stop for the light and the DeLorean turned left on my side, but fortunately, the light didn't last long and I was able to catch up to it. Since my dad was with me, he was curious about what kind of engine it has, since to him it didn't sound very loud and powerful. While he was talking about the small history of the technology of V6's during the 70's and the 80's after I told him, I was able to stick behind the DeLorean until we had to to turn right on Fry road. I was able to see its license plate when I got closer though.

So, maybe any of the Houstonians might enlighten me if they've seen this car or someone that comes here owns it. It had a thick racing stripe on it, the license plate was from Washington, not Texas, and I believe it said "BAKNTYM".

I was happy to see this car. That brightened up my morning. :)
You really need to get acquainted with Chris B.

Karin
10-19-2012, 10:20 PM
You really need to get acquainted with Chris B.

Was that whose car I spotted? Ha!

Knoxville
10-23-2012, 11:12 AM

Rhsxo
10-23-2012, 12:46 PM

WOW....lol

krs09
10-23-2012, 04:21 PM

Not sure that counts... uhh wow.

ccurzio
10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Was that whose car I spotted? Ha!

Nope.

louielouie2000
10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
This DeLorean was at Barton Springs here in Austin every day this past summer. I guess the owner was either working or volunteering there. Never got the car's VIN due to the sun shade.

Karin
10-23-2012, 10:29 PM

That just reminded me of the Inspector Gadget cartoons. His car transformed into either a van or a fast car, and until someone here mentioned it, I didn't realize the fast car resembled a DeLorean so closely.

Rich W
10-24-2012, 07:20 PM
Got these photos from my sister who works at O'Hare Airport for United Airlines.

Photos taken at a parking lot near O'Hare this past weekend.

Checked the number with our local D club list - not a member.

DMC3165
10-24-2012, 07:23 PM
My friend on Long Island spotted this one in the wild about three weeks ago. I believe the license plate is 1GR8STRY which I know I've seen before in pics online or possibly even at the 2011 DMA Spring Social; either way the plate looks familiar.

Hey it's me!!! I was wondering if I'd get spotted at some point. Very cool Thanks for posting!

Rich W
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Got these photos from my sister who works at O'Hare Airport for United Airlines.

Photos taken at a parking lot near O'Hare this past weekend.

Checked the number with our local D club list - not a member.

Hey Dave,

Has this one made an appearance at DMC Midwest in the recent past?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Rich W.

DMCMW Dave
10-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Hey Dave,

Has this one made an appearance at DMC Midwest in the recent past?

Thanks,
Rich W.

I've sold him parts, never seen the car. I don't know the VIN, just the phone number.

Shep
10-24-2012, 10:47 PM
You really need to get acquainted with Chris B.Was that whose car I spotted? Ha!He means Chris Burns. Chris doesn't have a DeLorean himself (can't afford one, nor will he any time soon from what he says), but maintains the "DeLoreans For Sale" Facebook page. He's very, very familiar with DeLoreans that come up for sale. Posted on page 5 (#47). His username on here is, naturally, "Chris Burns"

Not sure what that has to do with the DeLorean you saw though... :hmm:

thirdmanj
10-25-2012, 07:04 AM
He means Chris Burns. Chris doesn't have a DeLorean himself (can't afford one, nor will he any time soon from what he says), but maintains the "DeLoreans For Sale" Facebook page. He's very, very familiar with DeLoreans that come up for sale. Posted on page 5 (#47). His username on here is, naturally, "Chris Burns"

Not sure what that has to do with the DeLorean you saw though... :hmm:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/25/e6y6e7yn.jpg

Shep
10-25-2012, 06:13 PM
["A Match Made In Space" book]:hysterical:

Oh man, did not see that one coming.

jackb
10-30-2012, 09:51 PM
My brother spotted this one in a parking garage in on Sunday (10/28/12). The garage was at 805 S Caroline St, Baltimore. He was putting his car in the garage because of the hurricane, I'm guessing this Delorean owner was doing the same?
SBL (http://www.dmctalk.org/member.php?349-SBL), is this you? You only live about a mile away from my brother.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_3312.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_3313.jpg

Then, on Monday, 10/29/12, my girlfriend texted me to say she had seen one driving on Archer St in San Luis Obispo, CA. She was walking a dog though, so wasn't able to get a picture on time. It was not the local owner I know (I texted him to ask), so it's getting crowded here.
If that was anyone here, PM me please, we need to form a club with the other local owners.

brew
10-31-2012, 07:24 PM
My roommate texted me this picture at 3:54pm today of a Delorean at the University Mall in Tuscaloosa

Jonathan
10-31-2012, 07:55 PM
My roommate texted me this picture at 3:54pm today of a Delorean at the University Mall in Tuscaloosa

Looks like his rear latch didn't get to the second click. Need to close the door with a little more umph.

refugeefromcalif
10-31-2012, 08:25 PM

Hey, That's my car! :)

As I got out and headed towards Sears, some guy in a car pulled up and seemed to nod at me. Your roommate?

I had to hit the Radio Shack after work to pick up some speaker wire, (and a few other odds and ends), to install it's new radio.

@ Jonathan, At certain angles the drivers door looks like that... Why? I don't know.

George

brew
10-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey, That's my car! :)

As I got out and headed towards Sears, some guy in a car pulled up and seemed to nod at me. Your roommate?

I had to hit the Radio Shack after work to pick up some speaker wire, (and a few other odds and ends), to install it's new radio.

@ Jonathan, At certain angles the drivers door looks like that... Why? I don't know.

George

Nice!, I thought it might have been yours.
If the guy was in a white Pontiac G6, then yes it was my roommate.

Jonathan
11-01-2012, 07:34 PM

George

Hey George,

Just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking it could be something similar to what I had with my car. I got some good advice from Dave S. and managed to get it aligned the way it should be.

It was described as the rear latches not being all the way latched. Kind of think of it as there being a secondary click and it isn't getting all the way into the second clicking spot.

You can try a number of things.

First off, you can give your door a little more force when closing it. Not like wildly slamming it, but say with your hand towards the rear on the flat edge of the window trim, push down firmly. That might help you get the door to find it's way into that secondary spot.

Second option in order of easiest first, would be if perhaps some of the weather striping is interferring a bit. You can lube the rubber surfaces with a bit of silicone grease (like what you find in a small tube). You might be surprised at how much of a difference that can make if indeed your doors were catching a bit on the trim pieces.

Third option, which requires you to be able to make a striker pin adjustment, is the more difficult of the three, but the most likely to make a difference. You'll need a 17 mm socket, and one of the longer/deeper ones of that variety (it has to fit over the striker pin). That and your ratchet wrench and you're all set. When you watch the door close, it's of course doing it on an arching path. If you can imagine that rear striker pin getting in to the secondary spot in the latch, you will actually need to move the striker pin outwards (and perhaps a bit up too). Meaning, the door has still gone all the way closed, but now the striker pin is in the correct position when shut.

Make note, or mark lightly with a pencil, the spot where the striker pin was when you started for reference. You do not need to loosen it all the way and take it out of the body, all you have to do is loosen it enough to move it a small distance (like 1 mm perhaps at a time). Don't worry, it has a square nut captured in behind the door frame so it is not supposed to be able to fall off. Say if it was pretty centred, move it just slightly out and a bit up, and then snug it back up. Try the door, carefully and slowly. You might need to repeat this sequence a couple times to get it just right. Definitely more of an art than a science.

Once you have it where you like, make sure the striker pin is tight again. You ideally should see the rub strips on the outside of your doors and panels all align in one direction.

That worked for me, and might for you. Good luck :)

jackb
11-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Spotted this guy on the way home from work last week.
Not an owner, but he sure looks like an enthusiast...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_3417.jpg

DeLorean03
11-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Does that say "ZLorean" ?

Shep
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Spotted this guy on the way home from work last week.
Not an owner, but he sure looks like an enthusiast...Did a quick Google search on that one because I was curious, and I came across this page (http://www.coolpl8z.com/view-plate.php?id=3512), where the owner says this:

Was about to buy a DeLorean, but wanted a fast modern car instead. So it's a Z LOREANMaybe not an enthusiast, but certainly DeLorean-related!

(The picture on that site doesn't show up for me either by the way.)

EDIT: It's a Nissan 350z (or later variant) by the way, hence the "Z" in "ZLOREAN"

Jimmyvonviggle
11-13-2012, 10:38 PM
I never understand when people desire a certain old car for whatever reason, and instead of going with their gut, they listen to their head and get something more practical and "reliable". It's a nice car but in 20 years will this car be in his garage or in the junkyard?

Jonathan
11-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I never understand when people desire a certain old car for whatever reason, and instead of going with their gut, they listen to their head and get something more practical and "reliable". It's a nice car but in 20 years will this car be in his garage or in the junkyard?

I was chatting last night with a friend about this sort of thing. He mentioned taking his 63 Ford pick-up to the dump, or out to get a load of whatever, and buddy stops him to tell him all about his truck being rare or whatever. My friend just uses it as an A to B car though. And believes that's what all of your vehicles basically boil down to be....... UNLESS..... they are unique. And his simple way of describing how you might determine who has something unique? If you're standing on an overpass watching cars whiz by, and car after car after truck go by... and they are all the same... until along comes something unique. The DeLorean fits that description. But some guy that pampers a $60k brand new truck... guess what? Zoom, zoom, zoom... you just bought something that no one is going to give another glance from the overpass. You'd be better off buying an '86 Testarossa (spelling?) with that same money. It'd be much more likely to be something different. And a lot less likely that in 3-4 years, your car has lost 85% of it's value.

DavidProehl
03-16-2013, 12:26 PM
My sister-in-law and her family are visiting St. Louis this weekend and texted me this:

cybercusp
03-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Just saw this in another thread. That's my car. I was meeting friends for dinner at The Spaghetti Factory. I had just detailed it and gone over it with the blending pad. Thanks for posting!

ALEXAKOS
03-18-2013, 05:15 AM
great feeling finding your car on the web taken by "strangers"..
Unfortunately that will never happen for mine... unless somebody visits Greece... I am the ONLY DeLorean owner here.

beernpizzalover
03-18-2013, 01:25 PM
A Packer Backer!

Mike Z
03-18-2013, 03:36 PM
I was chatting last night with a friend about this sort of thing. He mentioned taking his 63 Ford pick-up to the dump, or out to get a load of whatever, and buddy stops him to tell him all about his truck being rare or whatever. My friend just uses it as an A to B car though. And believes that's what all of your vehicles basically boil down to be....... UNLESS..... they are unique. And his simple way of describing how you might determine who has something unique? If you're standing on an overpass watching cars whiz by, and car after car after truck go by... and they are all the same... until along comes something unique. The DeLorean fits that description. But some guy that pampers a $60k brand new truck... guess what? Zoom, zoom, zoom... you just bought something that no one is going to give another glance from the overpass. You'd be better off buying an '86 Testarossa (spelling?) with that same money. It'd be much more likely to be something different. And a lot less likely that in 3-4 years, your car has lost 85% of it's value.

Exactly how I feel. The DeLorean is so unique and such a sexy car that I really am not interested in anything else car-wise.

Horology
03-18-2013, 05:34 PM

In 2004 I was driving my Delorean in Indiana, east on route 30, east of I65.

A DeLorean pulled up next to me, he did not signal but pulled in to a gas station at the next road.

I did not get to stop and talk to him because it was out in the cornfields and the next road was a ways ahead.

Two months later I was driving my DeLorean in Oak Forest, IL heading south on Route 50 and spotted a DeLorean at a spot light turning north onto route 50.

Shep
03-18-2013, 08:26 PM
A Packer Backer!That was photoshopped from the Sunstar model as discussed in this thread (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5783-Taxi-DeLorean-real-or-photoshop), not a DeLorean spotted in the wild... :confused2:

thirdmanj
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
That was photoshopped from the Sunstar model as discussed in this thread (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5783-Taxi-DeLorean-real-or-photoshop), not a DeLorean spotted in the wild... :confused2:

No way dude, it's completely legit!

beernpizzalover
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM
That was photoshopped from the Sunstar model as discussed in this thread (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5783-Taxi-DeLorean-real-or-photoshop), not a DeLorean spotted in the wild... :confused2:

Could be. But a friend of mine sent it to me - and he used to live in Wisconsin...

thirdmanj
03-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Could be. But a friend of mine sent it to me - and he used to live in Wisconsin...

:hihi2: no, not "could be". It totally is photoshopped. I promise. If you google enough you can find the website of the company that did it for a PR stunt. That there is a PS on top of the original PS.

jwrayth
04-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Not quite in the wild, but caught by my works official twitter feed;

Parked at work (https://twitter.com/gridgame/status/322040050810511361)

Had the afternoon off to fix the car then was called back into work, so the lazy parking is a product of arriving after (most) people have already gone home! Bit annoyed they called me out on the parking when I'm here on my afternoon off...

LordFly
04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
:hihi2: no, not "could be". It totally is photoshopped. I promise. If you google enough you can find the website of the company that did it for a PR stunt. That there is a PS on top of the original PS.

You don't have to Google that much. Here is a link. (http://gawker.com/5966274/this-delorean-taxi-isnt-real-at-the-present-time-but-in-the-future-it-might-be)

thirdmanj
04-10-2013, 03:18 PM
You don't have to Google that much. Here is a link. (http://gawker.com/5966274/this-delorean-taxi-isnt-real-at-the-present-time-but-in-the-future-it-might-be)

How thoughtful of you!

Shep
06-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Another owner took this one in his SUV on Thursday, May 30th, six days after my 23rd birthday:

http://vin559.com/images/events/drives/2013-05-30/img950830.jpg

It's the first picture taken of my DeLorean driving out and about. Right at the beginning of my drive too! (Turning south from Snowville Road onto Route 21 a.k.a. Brecksville Road) I drove Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (today) as well, so my predictability in timing may mean there's more pictures where that came from. An amazing belated birthday gift! :biggrin:

Jimmyvonviggle
06-06-2013, 12:18 AM
I am curious to why your license plate holder looks sparkly? Is it different than stock?

Dangermouse
06-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I am curious to why your license plate holder looks sparkly? Is it different than stock?

Someone hasn't been reading Shep's blog?? Or his Captains Log :) :wrenchin:

It is the symbol/pattern for Autism Awareness (the multicolored interlocking jigsaw pieces), same pattern that is in the delorean letters on the bumper.

Jonathan
06-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Don't know who this is or if it's already been posted. Just stumbled on it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFn1X5enWhM

Delorean02378
06-11-2013, 09:26 AM
Saw this yesterday June 10th, 2013 in Cool Springs, TN. Not sure who the owner is, wasn't me, wasn't Travis, wasn't Kyle.

refugeefromcalif
06-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Ran into this pic on my Epic Fail iPhone app.

Any idea who's car this is?

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19797&d=1370997581

I Hate too admit that I don't know what TARDIS means.. :dunno:
And, I'm NOT going to do an internet search.

(I've been thinking that I *Might* have some vinyl made for my D that says, "My other car is a Mini Van.") :evil3:

George

Josh
06-11-2013, 09:12 PM
It's a reference to the mode of time travel used in the Dr Who series.

Dangermouse
06-11-2013, 09:32 PM
George you need to google it. It's the ultimate the machine.

I saw that pic too. My guess would be forum member "who cruiser" who is a big Dr Who fan.

jackb
06-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Time And Relative Dimension In Space

Farrar
06-12-2013, 03:32 PM
TARDIS is a reference to the long-running BBC children's science-fiction series "Doctor Who." It's the mode of transport through time and space of the protagonist, a man called The Doctor who appears human but is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey. Originally, he travelled with his teenaged granddaughter Susan, and admitted to being "exiles." Over the years the story was developed that he actually stole his TARDIS and was more of a renegade than an exile, because unlike the rest of the Time Lords he thought it was proper to intervene in the affairs of other planets and species as long as he was working for good.

The reason the TARDIS looks like a Police Box is because the Chameleon Circuit, which is used to camouflage the machine, failed when he was in 1963 London.

The original series started in 1963 and went on a brief hiatus in 1986 before finally being cancelled in 1989. "Doctor Who" was revived by renowned television writer and fan of the original series Russell T. Davies in 2005. The new series has a large international following amongst teenagers and women in their twenties, even though it has become in the last two series largely a parody of its former self. David Tennant as the Doctor attracted a large female following to the show, which somehow hasn't left since the casting of Matt Smith as The Doctor two years ago.

Now you don't have to look it up or watch any of it. :)

Jimmyvonviggle
06-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Have no picture but spotted a DeLorean in NDG in montreal tonight around 6 on st Jacques near the McDonald's. since there aren't many in this area I am curious as to who,it is. I couldn't see the license plate, but the guy looked a little like Matt Farrah. I would have given chase but was headed the other direction.

Kenny_Z
06-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Who is this? (sent to me via Facebook)

http://i.imgur.com/MiMXiHjl.jpg

Dangermouse
06-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Search for the "luggage rack" thread and you shall find the story.

pezzonovante88
06-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Who is this? (sent to me via Facebook)

http://i.imgur.com/MiMXiHjl.jpg

Dear lord.

ALEXAKOS
06-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Okay, I may live in Greece that may be considered a country with low levels of security issues on the roads... and have seen some wacky stuff... but this is nuts!:blackeye:
How come the Police did not pull him off the road and issue a fine? :read:

Just love the Gas station special "RED BULL ON SALE" hahahaha

BTW Mouse, I have fulfilled Dave's request on that Luggage rack tread. :approve:

Shep
06-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Okay, I may live in Greece that may be considered a country with low levels of security issues on the roads... and have seen some wacky stuff... but this is nuts!:blackeye:
How come the Police did not pull him off the road and issue a fine? :read:The cops that checked him out deemed it was safe. Start reading from Post #37 (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6420-Luggage-Rack-Usage-Photos&p=105109&viewfull=1#post105109) (where the picture originates from), and keep reading up to about Post #57 (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6420-Luggage-Rack-Usage-Photos&p=105256&viewfull=1#post105256) (where he mentions the cop). Believe me, this kind of thing is extremely benign in this country. I've seen sedans with a full-size refrigerator half-hanging out of the trunk, held in by bungee cords, and the rear end hanging so far low that the muffler sparks on every bump. Google "sedan trunk refrigerator" and you'll see even worse versions with almost the entire thing hanging out and ridiculously unsafe. Also google "mattress car" and you'll see drivers hauling mattresses, sometimes having four passengers holding it down with their hands alone.

Recently here in Ohio there's been some pets and kids caged up on the roof of a car with nothing more than a couple bungee cords. Two or three in the past month alone... :confused2:

ALEXAKOS
06-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Thank you shep on the "guided tour"

I will open a thread later on with ridiculous vehicles and loadings to have a photo thread of what's out there. Don't want to pollute this thread any further:)

ALEXAKOS
06-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Anybody know him?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qoJr7kKgahs/TInxbZwAysI/AAAAAAAAQzE/YoQkIbaUsfA/s400/crazy-car-tuning-05.jpg

Chris Burns
06-15-2013, 09:17 AM
Both of those belong to Daniel (the host of the Celebration Car Show in Orlando). The Deloreans are invited every year along with a TON of expensive exotic cars.

ALEXAKOS
06-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Great hob on the Star wars vehicle.:hihi:

dmc6960
06-16-2013, 02:22 AM
Ran into this pic on my Epic Fail iPhone app.

Any idea who's car this is?

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=19797&d=1370997581

This car belongs to a relatively new owner in Minneapolis. He showed up today at the DMCMW open house. Bought the car in January kinda on a whim. It's now being left at Dave's shop to get some things worked on. His name is Ed.

refugeefromcalif
06-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys for letting me know what TARDIS reference means.
I've always been more a Red Dwarf, Are you being Served and Douglas Adams fan vs. trying to start getting involved in the Dr. Who world.
(What can I say, I used to watch Lots of APT when I still had cable TV).

George

wrkey
06-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Playing around today... searching for Deloreans on Google Street View.. found this link. It may have been posted here before.. dunno...

http://www.computerweekly.com/photostory/2240109713/Photos-The-weirdest-photos-on-Google-Street-View/7/DeLorean-The-weirdest-photos-on-Google-Street-View

Shep
06-20-2013, 03:23 PM
My parents work in Euclid, Ohio, and two coworkers spotted a DeLorean driving on Tungsten Avenue at about 2:15 PM. Too quick to get a picture or any details about wheel color, dealer options, partial plate, etc. Anybody know the owner? Kind of out of the way for a DeLorean to be driving unless he worked there or had some scrap metal he was selling or something considering it's a hotspot for metal refineries (hence "Tungsten" Avenue).

DavidProehl
06-21-2013, 04:45 PM
A friend of mine was driving through the New Mexico desert today and spotted this car:

Not sure what the bumper sticker says, doesn't look like the Team Fox sticker does it? Should be an easy car to identify.

DavidProehl
06-21-2013, 07:52 PM
One more detail on this: It was between Gallup and Albuquerque on I-40 headed east.

A friend of mine was driving through the New Mexico desert today and spotted this car:

Not sure what the bumper sticker says, doesn't look like the Team Fox sticker does it? Should be an easy car to identify.

Iznodmad
06-21-2013, 08:00 PM
I'd guess this is the first VB BtTF time machine. I don't know who owns it now, but it is the only conversion I know of with chrome wheels.

DavidProehl
06-21-2013, 08:38 PM
I think you are right, found pictures of the build on Video Bob's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.175080639262396.24252.125714114199049&type=3

Chris Burns
06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Looks more like Paul Nigh's DMC.

jmpdmc
06-24-2013, 01:46 PM
This car has been sitting for a couple weeks at a foreign auto repair shop that I pass on my way to work. I took a couple pictures yesterday and got the vital stats: 2011720118201192012020121

VIN 5797, grooved hood, grey interior, manual. Stainless was in nice shape but black parts a bit faded. The mileage looked to be 6663 and that might be about right. The dash was good and the interior had little wear. Phone picture of interior is poor. Original tires or close to it. It was last inspected 05/2001 per the PA state inspection sticker. On a side note, I believe this to be the first DeLorean I saw up close back in 2001 in my neighborhood. The guy who owned this car lived in Butler, PA and his son lived in my neighborhood. I saw it in the son's driveway and I stopped and they gave me a tour of it. I didn't note the VIN at the time but everything about it fits. The owner died recently and the shop is now performing some work on it. Thought I would add it to the "In The Wild" list.

Jeff

Kenny_Z
07-02-2013, 01:31 AM
I just ran across three photos in an really old folder. Sorry about the quality. They are from 2008 and 2009 taken by my really lousy camera phone. I know I took them around Pensacola but I do not remember where.

DeLorean03
07-02-2013, 02:48 AM
I just ran across three photos in an really old folder. Sorry about the quality. They are from 2008 and 2009 taken by my really lousy camera phone. I know I took them around Pensacola but I do not remember where.

1. Scott Cagle's is the first one - that's in the Best Buy parking lot.

2. Unknown - does look to be mine when my tag read "He Heard" but it is strictly a guess based on the image quality and lack of surroundings/location.

3. Mine, parked under the trees in the (now Big Lots) Circuit City parking lot when I worked at O'Charleys.

Kenny_Z
07-02-2013, 12:16 PM
I think the second one might be in the Best Buy parking lot so that would be Scott's. He was very brave to park that thing in the regular parking lot instead of way out where I normally park.

LordFly
07-02-2013, 09:35 PM
I made it onto Instagram (http://statigr.am/p/490786720405352104_229348930) ;)

Thanks to Chris Burns for showing me that one.

mluder
07-03-2013, 03:32 AM
I made it onto Instagram (http://statigr.am/p/490786720405352104_229348930) ;)

I admit I check instagram every time I drive my car... Shamefull I know... It's like Googling yourself.
That being said I got a kick out of finding a picture of my car in the parking lot of the restaurant I was sitting in. Someone who worked there had just taken it.

Cheers
Steven

Shep
07-03-2013, 10:01 PM
I was digging through some old pictures, and I came across three pictures of VIN 10518 at a gas station on August 25th, 2009. The sun is in the foreground, so the pictures didn't come out too good, but that very same DeLorean was at a car show almost exactly a year prior ( August 26th, 2008 ) located just a couple blocks away, which I have pictures of. "Street Machines 49 and Newer" both times, so I'm assuming we just missed him in 2009. Same Ohio Historical license plate, "R 82 DMC", and I was smart enough to take a picture of the VIN plate when I saw it at the car show in 2008. The owner was Hispanic and not very talkative (language barrier perhaps?), and he does not seem to have been active in the community at any point, but it was the first DeLorean I had ever seen at a car show, and the first DeLorean I had ever seen driving in the wild, so I am forever grateful to the owner for giving me both those experiences :)

I got a kick out of finding a picture of my car in the parking lot of the restaurant I was sitting in. Someone who worked there had just taken it.Do you have the link handy? I'm interested in seeing this one :)

jackb
07-03-2013, 11:00 PM
There was a D driving on Davis-Monthan AFB today, around 1:30. My gf brought me lunch and texted me when she was going out the gate saying she saw one driving on, then a co-worker told me he just saw one (the same) at the shoppette. He thought it was me until he saw the driver get out. He said it was an older guy (old being a very relative term in the military).
Anybody know who that was?

Farrar
07-04-2013, 11:47 PM
A friend of a friend spotted this DeLorean earlier this week in a parking garage here in New Orleans. He's a military contractor and the garage is restricted, so we're guessing it's someone in the service.

Kenny_Z
07-05-2013, 07:48 AM
That plate is familiar. I can't place it though.

Jimmyvonviggle
07-05-2013, 08:06 AM
A friend of a friend spotted this DeLorean earlier this week in a parking garage here in New Orleans. He's a military contractor and the garage is restricted, so we're guessing it's someone in the service.

Interesting how both turn signals are faded, I usually see only one defective one on cars. This way it looks like its suppose to be like that.

Shep
07-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Interesting how both turn signals are faded, I usually see only one defective one on cars. This way it looks like its suppose to be like that.If he's got colored or LED turn signals, it wouldn't be an issue. I've actually thought about doing this to mine for daytime visibility. When the sun's on the taillights the right way, you may not see it get brighter if it's amber, but you usually see it change color if it's white. I've owned a few cars that had white housings and yellow bulbs, and even following behind them would always see it change color so long as the bulb coloring had not faded. I can't say the same for cars with amber housings.

RammJaeger
07-07-2013, 07:58 AM
I've only ever seen one Delorean on the streets, and that was when I was a little kid probably 10. I drive my car pretty regularly, so I'm just waiting for a picture to show up on here with "I saw this Delorean driving in Roswell, GA...". :)

Farrar
07-08-2013, 02:08 PM
So no one has any clue who is "GO 88MPH" from Florida?

Kenny_Z
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
It's not the two in the Pensacola area that I know about. It's really close to Scott's with those slash cut tips but I doubt the lenses have faded within the passed year. Ben has the side stripes.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/temp/who.jpg

OverlandMan
08-07-2013, 09:35 AM
At the office this morning a co-worker told me he thought he saw a D sitting in a side parking lot next to some other cars directly behind our building. I checked it out and sure enough he was right.

No clue on any of the details of this car. Looks to have been sitting there a while. There was also a 57? Thunderbird and a Porsche Speedster that caught my eye.

thirdmanj
08-14-2013, 11:53 AM
No pics, but a buddy of mine was in France the other day and saw three DeLoreans drive down the road in
Theoule-sur-Mer. Anybody on here know about something going on in that neck of the woods?

DeLorean03
08-15-2013, 09:58 PM
It's not the two in the Pensacola area that I know about. It's really close to Scott's with those slash cut tips but I doubt the lenses have faded within the passed year. Ben has the side stripes.

http://uploads.m-cgi.com/kennyz/temp/who.jpg

That's Scott's. He works at Cox Cable over there off of La Vista Ave. Least he did couple years ago.

Josh
09-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Anyone's car? My brother saw this in vegas this week. He is down for Interbike.

thomasuncles
09-21-2013, 04:10 AM
Anyone's car? My brother saw this in vegas this week. He is down for Interbike.

That One belongs to the guy who is organizing this years delorean vegas get together beginning of October. Nice pic!

DMCVegas
09-21-2013, 04:55 AM
That One belongs to the guy who is organizing this years delorean vegas get together beginning of October. Nice pic!

That would be Andy Strano's car.

Josh
09-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Nice! I knew someone would be able to identify it!

DMCflux
09-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Mine, & Its found in the wild friend

Mark D
09-29-2013, 12:45 AM
Mine, & Its found in the wild friend

Pretty cool that the DeLorean is just as low as the GT.

DMCflux
09-29-2013, 12:55 AM
Pretty cool that the DeLorean is just as low as the GT.

Exactly what I was thinking:cool:

ALEXAKOS
09-29-2013, 09:32 AM
ehem!
Not that low.
The Gt is ridiculously low...
D is quite a bit taller folks. But it is exactly as low as the Corvette C3 series

dmcjohn
09-29-2013, 07:54 PM
From wiki, the Ford GT = 44.3 inches, and the DMC is 44.9 - not much in it. If the DMC was lowered I'd say they'd be identical

Jacko
09-29-2013, 08:09 PM
... 4915 is 43 inches at the T panel

Dangermouse
09-29-2013, 08:32 PM
You know that GTs had their suspensions raised, just before launch, to meet US bumper regulations. :p

dvonk
09-30-2013, 07:33 PM
now dermot, if i didnt know better, id say you were trolling... :lol:

Jason
09-30-2013, 09:18 PM
Looks like someone thought me getting lunch was news.

http://malvern.patch.com/groups/editors-picks/p/great-scott-delorean-cruises-wegmans-parking-lot

Michael
09-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Not exactly making the papers, but I'll take it:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/comments/1ghl8f/spotted_a_delorean_dmc12_at_the_local_grocery/

http://i.imgur.com/XMOzJwX.jpg

Dangermouse
09-30-2013, 11:29 PM
now dermot, if i didnt know better, id say you were trolling... :lol:

Nope, just a little satire.

You can tell by the :p as we don't have a satire font to go with the sarcasm font we don't have either.

ALEXAKOS
10-01-2013, 02:31 AM
ahaha! NO WAX! great plate! And a very clean looking D

Domi
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Nice picture :)

Shuttleman
11-19-2013, 08:24 PM
This one was taken at the new family entertainment center called Woo-Hoo in Vaudreuil, Quebec. 23100
It kinda makes the Delorean look like a joke. With all the effort I'm putting in this restoration (and money) now everybody I know will go there will their kids and tell me that they saw a Delorean as a christmas decoration.

David_NYS
02-28-2014, 10:41 PM
and i stumbled across this beauty...

HAve to say, she made me smile! 8)

ALEXAKOS
07-03-2014, 02:54 AM
German friend of mine is over in the US. He is the head leather interior man for the BMW series: 6, 7 X and Z's, so he comes and goes to inspect the BMW plant in Spartanburg SC and mexico.

He sent me these two images:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/4B7DFE0F-24B6-4E94-9892-C753489DFB09_zpskucau2qz.jpg
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/B02740DE-149C-4641-AD92-B37C552AD369_zpsd7vh4nwf.jpg

I don't recognize those plates but I am sure you guys can tell what state they are of?
EDIT
okay, they are obviously South Carolina plates:P

peterpaul
07-03-2014, 07:47 AM

vin 10003 Paris near tour eiffel :wave2:

Domi
07-03-2014, 03:07 PM
German friend of mine is over in the US. He is the head leather interior man for the BMW series: 6, 7 X and Z's, so he comes and goes to inspect the BMW plant in Spartanburg SC and mexico.

He sent me these two images:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz135/alex-akos/4B7DFE0F-24B6-4E94-9892-C753489DFB09_zpskucau2qz.jpg

Big front fog light :wrenchin:
Any idea of the VIN on the dash?

vps3922
07-03-2014, 03:28 PM
ahaha! NO WAX! great plate! And a very clean looking D

+1

DavidProehl
07-03-2014, 04:03 PM

vin 10003 Paris near tour eiffel :wave2:

Very nice! Would be fun to see one closer to the Eiffel tower if that is even possible. I'm guessing it is hard to drive to a good location for an Eiffel tower photo for security reasons, but an Eiffel tower photo would be a great addition to landmarks thread: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6462-DeLoreans-around-the-WORLD-PHOTO-ALBUM&p=126107&viewfull=1#post126107

pezzonovante88
07-03-2014, 09:20 PM
This one was taken at the new family entertainment center called Woo-Hoo in Vaudreuil, Quebec. 23100
It kinda makes the Delorean look like a joke. With all the effort I'm putting in this restoration (and money) now everybody I know will go there will their kids and tell me that they saw a Delorean as a christmas decoration.

Yeesh. That's pretty bad.

Hokie
07-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Spotted next to the road crew doing work on the Pigeon Forge, TN exit. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/11/evuzuzur.jpg

louielouie2000
08-04-2014, 08:14 PM
I spotted this one tonight around 6pm at Barton Skyway & Mopac here in Austin (just a few hundred feet from where I live!):

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/louielouie2000/dmc1.jpeg (http://s15.photobucket.com/user/louielouie2000/media/dmc1.jpeg.html)

Rich W
08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
It was a "two for" weekend, the last weekend of July here in Illinois. Neither DeLorean was a current member of the Midwest club.

The first one was seen on Saturday evening, July 26, headed Northbound on I-57 N in Central IL.

The second one was seen on Sunday afternoon, July 27, headed Southbound on Route 45, South of I-55. (Near West Suburbs of Chicago)

Always nice surprise to see a DeLorean (or two) on the road when you do not expect it.

DMCMW Dave
08-05-2014, 07:20 PM
Not exactly in the wild, but we were taking photos for other uses today so we parked a bunch of cars in the front lot. Normally everything is indoors so most of the drive by traffic has no idea what we do here. (On purpose, we're on a pretty busy street now and I'd rather not spend all day with lookers).

Will be interesting to see if any of this shows up on instagram. We saw a lot of brake lights and camera phones . . .

Kukem
08-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Not exactly in the wild, but we were taking photos for other uses today so we parked a bunch of cars in the front lot. Normally everything is indoors so most of the drive by traffic has no idea what we do here. (On purpose, we're on a pretty busy street now and I'd rather not spend all day with lookers).

Will be interesting to see if any of this shows up on instagram. We saw a lot of brake lights and camera phones . . .

If 1 DeLorean in a parking lot causes people to stop and take pictures, I can only imagine what a full lot of them would cause. I know I would slow down and take pics too.

DavidProehl
08-05-2014, 09:49 PM

Looks like a mini-DCS! Nice picture!

SIMid
08-06-2014, 11:51 PM

You need a big sign at the front stating what you do Dave. They might just see this as a time travelers meeting. :bigclap:

Ras12
08-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Spotted this DMC today while sitting at a traffic light. Didn't get a chance to stop by to get any details but definitely a DMC! I drive by here all the time and never looked that far up the hill. Sorry for the blurry photo but it was taken with my blackberry (no comments please) using my limited digital zoom.

thirdmanj
09-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Spotted on the WA-3, eastbound coming back from Belfair. When he passed he looked to sporting a Tom Selleck 'stache!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/09/usudy5uh.jpg

dmc4087
09-10-2014, 11:29 AM
A friend came across this one in Pismo Beach CA, yesterday - he didnt get the vin - anybody know it?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/88mph/dmc200_zpsc07f7f68.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/88mph/dmc100_zps45e254ff.jpg

OverlandMan
09-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Spotted on the WA-3, eastbound coming back from Belfair. When he passed he looked to sporting a Tom Selleck 'stache!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/09/09/usudy5uh.jpg

Are those curtains on your rear window?

Dangermouse
09-10-2014, 12:23 PM
And is that a louvered side window?

Thirdman has himself a Type 2 :meditation:

thirdmanj
09-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Are those curtains on your rear window?

They are indeed.

ALEXAKOS
09-10-2014, 12:51 PM
They are indeed.

Cool! Looks like the interior of a VW BUS CAMPER;)

thirdmanj
09-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Cool! Looks like the interior of a VW BUS CAMPER;)

It's a '78 Type 2 Westfalia like Dermot said. I'd give you the VIN but that doesn't really mean shit in the VW community. Wanna look crazy in front of VW people? Show up introduce yourself with the last four of your VIN too. Yeeeeah, blank stare. But hey, it's rear engined that's gotta count for something.

Edit: This was the one time I really wished that bus was blue.

And is that a louvered side window?

Thirdman has himself a Type 2 :meditation:

Dermot, how the hell could you see that?

ALEXAKOS
09-10-2014, 01:27 PM
The rear windows curves is a dead giveaway of the T2

jackb
09-10-2014, 11:07 PM
A friend came across this one in Pismo Beach CA, yesterday - he didnt get the vin - anybody know it?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/88mph/dmc200_zpsc07f7f68.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/88mph/dmc100_zps45e254ff.jpg

I can't make out the license plate, but I only met 2 other owners when I lived on the Central Coast, both in San Luis Obispo (just a few miles north of Pismo Beach). That is neither of them. The guy I know actually FB messaged me last month with a picture of his and 2 other D's in Lompoc (~40 miles south of Pismo Beach).

vps3922
09-11-2014, 11:41 AM
It's a '78 Type 2 Westfalia like Dermot said. I'd give you the VIN but that doesn't really mean shit in the VW community. Wanna look crazy in front of VW people? Show up introduce yourself with the last four of your VIN too. Yeeeeah, blank stare. But hey, it's rear engined that's gotta count for something.

Very nice! 1990 Westfalia greetings to you. Best decision ever to by a Westfalia. Have already made some great memories with it. I take my "watercooled hat" off to you. I did not have the guts to get an aircooled one. :paranoid:

And hey: rear engine, front radiator. It is like a camperized D! :tongue:

Dangermouse
09-11-2014, 11:51 AM

clear as day:

Jimmyvonviggle
09-11-2014, 05:42 PM
clear as day:

You would make a good crime scene investigator.

Stainless
10-13-2014, 11:36 AM
My brother-in-law snapped a pic of this car in West Haven, UT. It is not the other local owner that I know of, so if this is you, identify yourself! He took the picture with his crappy camera phone, so I can't make out the license plate:

Sladelorean
10-20-2014, 11:09 PM
Found this photo on Twitter/Instagram and it's my delorean at Southgate Shopping Center before the paint removal ^ ^ Thanks Susan ^ ^

http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/f0d09b3623a011e3bb5622000aeb0bda_7.jpg

nullset
10-27-2014, 09:59 AM
A friend of mine snapped this picture at a body shop near Decatur. I wasn't aware of any red ones near Atlanta. Anyone know anything about it?

DL4567
10-27-2014, 12:36 PM
A friend of mine snapped this picture at a body shop near Decatur. I wasn't aware of any red ones near Atlanta. Anyone know anything about it?

OMG Buddy.... do you even look at this forum???? :boxface: :slap:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10770-Red-Delorean-in-Decatur-Georgia&highlight=decatur

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10787-Red-DeLorean-in-Decatur

nullset
10-27-2014, 01:22 PM
OMG Buddy.... do you even look at this forum???? :boxface: :slap:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10770-Red-Delorean-in-Decatur-Georgia&highlight=decatur

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10787-Red-DeLorean-in-Decatur

Not often enough, apparently :)

novadmc
10-27-2014, 02:04 PM
found mine from my recent Cars and Coffee trip on someone's flickr channel:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5605/15626086472_fd0dc41242_b.jpg

rdarlington
10-30-2014, 01:16 AM
Caught this in Philly this past weekend:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0403787,-75.2416404,3a,26.5y,245.83h,88.93t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sfSREv8BvSmSN7NDSfQq-vg!2e0!6m1!1e1

Was not expecting to see one up there. Didn't get a chance to stop in and ask what the VIN was.

-Bob

Dangermouse
10-30-2014, 07:57 AM
That's not a good sign, being at a junk cars place.

Although it is also a good sign, if you know what I mean

Jonathan
10-30-2014, 08:40 AM
That's not a good sign, being at a junk cars place.

Although it is also a good sign, if you know what I mean

At least it's up on a pedestal. Like the owner of the junk yard recognizes it is the "King of the Junk" and has it up all high and mighty looking down at the "peasant junk."

krs09
12-19-2014, 09:52 AM
[QUOTE=rdarlington;160143]Caught this in Philly this past weekend:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0403787,-75.2416404,3a,26.5y,245.83h,88.93t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sfSREv8BvSmSN7NDSfQq-vg!2e0!6m1!1e1

Was not expecting to see one up there. Didn't get a chance to stop in and ask what the VIN was.

-Bob[/QUOT

I talked to this guy last week to see what was going on (and if he would sell me the hood). He said it was and impounded car and he was holding it for the family (waiting for the husband to get out of jail), They (the family) dont want to do anything with it because its worth at least "$50,000".. He had to put it on the roof because he had sooo many people coming in and asking about it, he said it was a full time job answering questions and got tired of it. People would just come up and try to open the doors to the point were they broke both door handles and the wife lost the keys. Wow.. A shame. ... Also forgot to ask vin .. I'm sure he would'nt know anyway.

Parzval
03-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Does at a car show count as "in the wild"? My buddy Walt caught this Time Machine at the car show in Atlantic City, NJ today and sent me a picture. I was unable to make it. Now I REALLY hate that I had been unable to go even more! :(

Michael Babb
03-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Google Street View of my car at our previous house. Just lucked out that the doors were open when they came by:
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.673417,-78.586313,3a,75y,4.99h,78.53t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBt8-TqTRBja7zht8b_EGLA!2e0

Jonathan
03-16-2015, 07:07 PM
It was a "wild" parade, does that count?

Toronto St. Patrick's Day parade 2015.

DeLoreans... and transformer at about 1:32.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6P8tJJYOg

Rich_NYS
03-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Google Street View of my car at our previous house. Just lucked out that the doors were open when they came by:
https://www.google.com/maps/@35.673417,-78.586313,3a,75y,4.99h,78.53t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sBt8-TqTRBja7zht8b_EGLA!2e0

That's awesome!

clenet
03-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Now that was a parade! The poor guy must be tired at the end of the day.
It was a "wild" parade, does that count?

Toronto St. Patrick's Day parade 2015.

DeLoreans... and transformer at about 1:32.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6P8tJJYOg

Jonathan
03-20-2015, 09:48 PM
Now that was a parade! The poor guy must be tired at the end of the day.

The transformer guy is a she, but ya, I'd imagine she was tired after that day. It's a super fun costume and was quite a bit of work to design and put together from what I know. Pretty sweet having a club mascot of sorts come out to our big events with the cars.

jackb
04-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Driving from Tucson to Seattle, yesterday (4/3/15) I saw a time machine on I-5 just north of Santa Clarita in CA. License plate 4TVS.COM

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_3439.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/kaaooga3/dmc/IMG_3441.png

Kenny_Z
04-26-2015, 08:26 PM
I found VIN 1870 today. It's in bad shape.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/909fb53baca4fbb29fe02ca18aa9386e/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo5_1280.jpg

Gas flap hood. Lots of dents.
http://36.media.tumblr.com/c85a3026430a2f41169b1c7b334b30e4/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo2_1280.jpg

Automatic, grey interior.
http://40.media.tumblr.com/443e21c3691a752b61b9e63e2256ccd0/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo1_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/0dd41add08aa4a874127852b97747e6b/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo4_1280.jpg

Parzval
04-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Wow, that's LITERALLY in the wild! Poor thing.

OverlandMan
04-26-2015, 09:28 PM

http://41.media.tumblr.com/909fb53baca4fbb29fe02ca18aa9386e/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo5_1280.jpg

Gas flap hood. Lots of dents.
http://36.media.tumblr.com/c85a3026430a2f41169b1c7b334b30e4/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo2_1280.jpg

Automatic, grey interior.
http://40.media.tumblr.com/443e21c3691a752b61b9e63e2256ccd0/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo1_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/0dd41add08aa4a874127852b97747e6b/tumblr_nnforrF03d1rdjq2mo4_1280.jpg

"ran when parked"

rdarlington
04-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Racing Southwest 2015 Jemez cruise. The guy behind me snapped a shot of my car. High altitude (9,000ish feet) meet up. Last year was totally snowed out but I did get to go this year.

Jimmyvonviggle
04-27-2015, 10:15 PM
"ran when parked"

Bring a weed whacker.

Rich
04-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Talk about a Time Machine.

First time I've seen one where the black painted metal frame around the drop glass faded to white.

Nice to see how good the stainless looks in comparison to the rest of the car.

Just as JZD intended...

mr_maxime
06-13-2015, 01:12 PM
I dont have a picture of it, but while driving south on I-65 I saw another delorean heading the opposite way north of Nashville. It look like he was waving to me but I didnt realize I was seeing a delorean on the road for the first time soon enough to wave back. Made my day though, never thought the first time Id see one out was while driving my ow.

sdg3205
06-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Westbound US 60, AZ.

Anyone?

jiveslaw
06-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Hello all. I'm new to the forum, and I'm currently just a prospective Delorean owner. I've been researching and learning as much as I can about buying one and hope to within the next 10-12 months. My first Delorean spotting occurred last week. I was too star struck to think to get the VIN. Is this anyone's on the forum?

http://s21.postimg.org/b3sos9a4n/IMG_0573_1.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/c4sxhdr47/IMG_0575_1.jpg

DL4567
06-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Westbound US 60, AZ.

Anyone?

Damn, those back wheels look like they're hanging on by a thread.

vps3922
06-24-2015, 09:09 AM

Wow, very pretty. I like the touch with the SS DeLorean letters on the side.

AugustneverEnds
06-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Damn, those back wheels look like they're hanging on by a thread.

That's what I am seeing too :nervous:

OZ DMC
06-29-2015, 07:41 AM
My Delorean has now arrived and lives nicely along side my 2011 Morgan 4/4 just to add some diversity to the toy shop on the country retreat.

Farrar
07-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Morgan

The only car with a frame more susceptible to water damage than the DeLorean! ;D

(P.S. Full disclosure: I love Morgans.)

Jeffu
07-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Hello all. I'm new to the forum, and I'm currently just a prospective Delorean owner. I've been researching and learning as much as I can about buying one and hope to within the next 10-12 months. My first Delorean spotting occurred last week. I was too star struck to think to get the VIN. Is this anyone's on the forum?

http://s21.postimg.org/b3sos9a4n/IMG_0573_1.jpg

Not my car, but I know the guy. Used to be his dads car. Funny, I just live down the way from the Villages. I drive through there all of the time.

Jeffu
07-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Not my car, but I know the guy. Used to be his dads car. Funny, I just live down the way from the Villages. I drive through there all of the time.

Cesar was his Dad's name. I met him once. He was a very nice guy.

papanoel
07-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Just saw a Delorean from my train in jersey. Door was open by a warehouse. Couldn't see the plates. This was near north Elizabeth nj near the train tracks. First time I randomly saw one since being an owner.

MML
07-20-2015, 08:24 PM
I was spotted recently, I'm not sure where. This pic came from Chris Burns' facebook page via Stephen Armstrong.

Also note the typical Irish weather!

http://i.imgur.com/CM2CBF6.jpg

DeloreanResto
01-21-2016, 04:25 PM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii520/DeloreanResto/IMG_1139_zpshnt1xuoa.jpg (http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/DeloreanResto/media/IMG_1139_zpshnt1xuoa.jpg.html)

Seen this Time Machine Monday January 18th 2016 with a whole professional film crew in Northridge , CA on the campus of Cal State University of Northridge

Anybody on here ?

iflights
01-21-2016, 04:38 PM
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii520/DeloreanResto/IMG_1139_zpshnt1xuoa.jpg (http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/DeloreanResto/media/IMG_1139_zpshnt1xuoa.jpg.html)

Seen this Time Machine Monday January 18th 2016 with a whole professional film crew in Northridge , CA on the campus of Cal State University of Northridge

Anybody on here ?

Great photo, there's a guy bent over with his head in the engine compartment.

DavidProehl
01-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Great photo, there's a guy bent over with his head in the engine compartment.

I like that it is a DeLorean sighting photo taken from inside a DeLorean.

Stainless
01-21-2016, 05:11 PM
I like that it is a DeLorean sighting photo taken from inside a DeLorean.

:thumbup:

DeloreanResto
01-23-2016, 05:58 PM
I actually see a lot of Deloreans driving mine around town . Within 1 block from my house I know of 3 . Within a 5 mile radius of my house I know of 10. I just had no idea who time machine this was

Gregadeth
02-27-2016, 02:11 AM
Spotted earlier today on my way to work:

Domi
02-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Front grille painted in gray and fog light?
Did you talk to the owner?

Gregadeth
02-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Front grille painted in gray and fog light?
Did you talk to the owner?No, I was already running late to work so I didn't stop. :(

peterpaul
02-29-2016, 01:22 PM
the delorean yvelines club in Versailles
402114021240213velines club in Versailles (France)

kapi123
09-24-2016, 04:21 AM
Hey jackb, great pic! I really liked it and hope everybody would also.

Sladelorean
11-06-2016, 01:08 PM

jawn101
05-15-2017, 11:49 AM
Unbelievable!

I travel to Sofia, Bulgaria quite frequently for work. I happened to glance out my window a few moments ago and was treated to this view. What's that just past the monument?

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=51527&d=1494863278

Why, the DeLorean World Tour guys! Crazy coincidence.

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=51528&d=1494863289

mr_maxime
05-18-2017, 07:25 PM
That is a pretty crazy coincidence.

DL4567
05-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Unbelievable!

I travel to Sofia, Bulgaria quite frequently for work. I happened to glance out my window a few moments ago and was treated to this view. What's that just past the monument?

Why, the DeLorean World Tour guys! Crazy coincidence.

Wow, that is nuts that you happened to see them totally unintentionally! And so far from home, too.

DavidProehl
08-21-2017, 07:52 PM
My sister spotted this today. Great plate!

jawn101
08-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Nice looking early car!

jackb
08-31-2017, 05:49 PM
A friend just texted me this one.
Spotted around lunchtime on 8/30/17 at LVAC on 215 and Decatur in Las Vegas.
License plate FLUXIN

Rich
09-01-2017, 12:38 AM

Thanks for sharing that one, David.

I recognize the plate - this is Ronnie D.'s car.

Showing the stainless very well there, Ronnie!

DMCVegas
09-01-2017, 02:01 AM
A friend just texted me this one.
Spotted around lunchtime on 8/30/17 at LVAC on 215 and Decatur in Las Vegas.
License plate FLUXIN

Yeah, that's John-Thomas' car. He's posted on here before.

DavidProehl
09-01-2017, 08:32 AM
Thanks for sharing that one, David.

I recognize the plate - this is Ronnie D.'s car.

Showing the stainless very well there, Ronnie!

Very cool! Glad it was identified! Thanks Rich!

DeLorean04254
07-18-2018, 10:43 PM
Here are some DeLorean's I've spotted over the last couple years.

This was in Alexandria, VA

This was spotted near Baltimore, MD

These were in Alexandria, VA

louielouie2000
10-30-2018, 03:33 PM
So this past Sunday I was heading to lunch in my current weekend toy (which I'm prepping to sell), and came across a DeLorean unexpectedly. Second time that's happened this year while in joyriding that car, actually. This time I spotted a DeLorean at a shop near my house that specializes in restoring classic & exotic cars. Funnily enough I'd stopped in there a few months ago asking if they do work on DeLoreans, since I plan to own one again. The owner said yes, and showed me pictures of a D they'd recently gotten roadworthy. This doesn't appear to be the same car, so it looks like another Austin area DeLorean has surfaced. Anyway, it totally made my week coming across the car unexpectedly. The pics aren't great since they were shot through a window, but I thought I'd share them anyway.

I figured I'd also toss in the pic of the other D I came across earlier this year. I do know the owner of that car, though... and he's a DMC Talk member as well. :)

58466 58467 58468 58465

DeLorean04254
11-11-2018, 07:35 PM
58565585665856758568 Alexandria, VA.

DeLorean04254
11-11-2018, 07:41 PM
This was out front of a little local service garage on a Sunday.

DeLorean04254
11-11-2018, 07:47 PM

DeLorean04254
11-13-2018, 08:50 PM

jackb
12-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Spotted at Downtown Summerlin in Las Vegas on 11/17.
VIN 10143
Licence plate [Classic Rod] ?328

I was at Downtown Summerlin with my Delorean at the same time, and right after I left a friend texted me asking if it was me. I said yes, then they sent me a pictue and I said no! This one was on the other side of the parking lot, the timing/location was just a coincidence.
I'm fairly confident I've seen this car somewhere else once before, but I don't know who the owner is.

jackb
12-09-2018, 04:04 PM
On Nellis AFB, Las Vegas, NV.
I know the owner of this one, but not the VIN. He just bought it very recently from DMC Midwest, and I spotted it the day after he had it delivered.

jackb
12-09-2018, 04:09 PM
I met another owner at a car gathering this morning. I didn't see his until he approached me and asked a question that indicated he had knowledge of Deloreans so I asked is he had one and he pointed yeah, that one right over there is mine.

He's owned it since 1983! It had a Lotus engine swap.
Vin 2013 (Jun 81)

The first 4 pictures are his car, the last one is mine in the foreground with his in the background.

DMC-81
12-09-2018, 05:35 PM
I met another owner at a car gathering this morning. I didn't see his until he approached me and asked a question that indicated he had knowledge of Deloreans so I asked is he had one and he pointed yeah, that one right over there is mine.

Vin 2013 (Jun 81)

The first 4 pictures are his car, the last one is mine in the foreground with his in the background.

Nice! I see it is a Turbo as well. :)

Riley88
12-10-2018, 05:51 PM

Vin 2013 (Jun 81)

haha that owners crazy although I admit it will be easier to do maintenance on that engine with the orientation it is in in the delorean as opposed to an esprit. Awesome engine swap and even more awesome the owner is still rocking it. From those photos you can see alot of very small details of other work that was done, esp some in the interior and some of the weird badging removal and the V* badging on the rear fascia. Cool!

Jonathan
12-14-2018, 10:46 AM
This car isn't necessarily "in the wild" to me, because it's mine, but it was apparently a big treat for some other car guys when I dropped by their show right at the end of the season.

I just happened to see this video one of them made and thought I'd share. Fun to see people's reactions to something many of us take a little for granted after the novelty has worn off.

Minty fresh... I like the sound of that! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq6dAuH4rMQ&feature=youtu.be

Ras12
12-15-2018, 11:01 PM
Great video. Always looking for a good cup holder idea...would like to see what your entails. Ha.