PDA

View Full Version : SEDOC Tech Day: March 24th

Freaky Beetle
02-23-2012, 09:22 PM
March 24th!

I will send out my address in PM to everyone considering coming. It is on Google Maps, but it probably isn’t on most GPS units yet.

Here is the attendee list I have derived from the thread so far. Let me know if your status needs to be updated.

Yes
Freaky Beetle
Sean
DL4567
Accipter
Aludden

Maybe
Iznodmad
Sphiend
Bikercmbc
Steve6864
Nullset
Dangermouse

sean
02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Anyone want to share ride to this?

ccurzio
02-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Anyone want to share ride to this?

I'm happy to give you a ride if you'd like.

sean
02-24-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm happy to give you a ride if you'd like.

Sweet! We can work out a meeting place later.

Freaky Beetle
03-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Looks like my location didn't make it into this split thread. I am located in Calhoun, Ga. Just a few miles off I-75. If you are interested in coming I will PM you the actual address. Calhoun is 1 hour south of Chattanooga and 1 hour north of Atlanta.

ccurzio
03-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Sweet! We can work out a meeting place later.

Sounds good. Let me know. It helps that we're very close as it is.

All I ask in return is to help me get my AC working. :) Oh, and mayhaps also help me replace my passenger door lock solenoid.

Hooray Tech Day!

sean
03-08-2012, 12:29 PM

All I ask in return is to help me get my AC working. :) Oh, and mayhaps also help me replace my passenger door lock solenoid.

Hooray Tech Day!

Lock solenoid, easypeasy, AC might take more trouble shooting if I remember your situation correctly.

nullset
03-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Hooray Tech Day!

If you need help with your A/C, you should bring it to freeside.

Is it running R-12 or has it been converted (if it's been converted, there will be adapters screwed on to the hoses near the AC compressor. If it hasn't, they'll look like tire stemps)?

--buddy

ccurzio
03-09-2012, 08:46 AM
If you need help with your A/C, you should bring it to freeside.

Is it running R-12 or has it been converted (if it's been converted, there will be adapters screwed on to the hoses near the AC compressor. If it hasn't, they'll look like tire stemps)?

--buddy

I'll bring it anywhere it needs to go to get it working. The problem I'm having is that the system always blows HOT air regardless of setting. Changing settings actually does stuff - you can hear the vent mechanisms shifting around when you change the settings, and the air always comes out of the correct places depending on setting, the problem is that the air is always hot.

It should be stock R-12 as far as I know.

sean
03-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I'll bring it anywhere it needs to go to get it working. The problem I'm having is that the system always blows HOT air regardless of setting. Changing settings actually does stuff - you can hear the vent mechanisms shifting around when you change the settings, and the air always comes out of the correct places depending on setting, the problem is that the air is always hot.

It should be stock R-12 as far as I know.

IIRC your compressor never engages even when we bypassed the low pressure switch. If Ron comes he can bring his gauges and tell us if you have freon in the system but I'm still wondering if you have an electrical issues.

ccurzio
03-09-2012, 08:57 AM
IIRC your compressor never engages even when we bypassed the low pressure switch. If Ron comes he can bring his gauges and tell us if you have freon in the system but I'm still wondering if you have an electrical issues.

Yes, the compressor never kicks on. While that's part of the problem for sure, it has to be more than that. Putting it on "vent" should not be blowing hot air in the dead of winter, and that shouldn't have anything to do with the compressor as far as I know.

Side note: DMCH has one door solenoid listed for purchase: SOLENOID DR LOCK LH. Am I correct in thinking that LH and RH should be identical and that's why only one is listed?

sean
03-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Call before placing your order to be sure.

nullset
03-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Yes, the compressor never kicks on. While that's part of the problem for sure, it has to be more than that. Putting it on "vent" should not be blowing hot air in the dead of winter, and that shouldn't have anything to do with the compressor as far as I know.

Side note: DMCH has one door solenoid listed for purchase: SOLENOID DR LOCK LH. Am I correct in thinking that LH and RH should be identical and that's why only one is listed?

I've got a set of gauges as well.

Does it still blow hot if it's set to 'MAX A/C'? That turns off the heater valve. In other settings, the heater valve is still open.

I'm not sure why that is, though.

--buddy

ccurzio
03-09-2012, 10:30 AM
I've got a set of gauges as well.

Does it still blow hot if it's set to 'MAX A/C'? That turns off the heater valve. In other settings, the heater valve is still open.

I'm not sure why that is, though.

--buddy

It blows hot on all settings. :(

nullset
03-09-2012, 10:49 AM
It blows hot on all settings. :(

I'll bring my gauges on the 24th if I don't see you before then.

I can probably look at it one night next week at Freeside if you'd like.

--buddy

Bikercmbc
03-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Im still planning on coming. the only reason I wont be able to make it is if...im buying another delorean. we will see if it works out or not. i really dont need another one but i really want another one.

sean
03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Well good luck either Way, hope to see you there.

ccurzio
03-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I'll bring my gauges on the 24th if I don't see you before then.

I can probably look at it one night next week at Freeside if you'd like.

--buddy

I don't know what Freeside is or where it is, but I might take you up on that.

Bikercmbc
03-11-2012, 04:42 AM
Well I wont be able to make it that weekend. Will be picking up 10801. Once I get it running I'll be bringing down to get some help on it...torsion re-adjust? I really hope it's not the roof box.

sean
03-11-2012, 06:44 AM
Well I wont be able to make it that weekend. Will be picking up 10801. Once I get it running I'll be bringing down to get some help on it...torsion re-adjust? I really hope it's not the roof box.

Congrats on the purchase!

Bikercmbc
03-11-2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks, I'll put a few pictures up when I get them downloaded

Freaky Beetle
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
For anyone thinking of coming to the tech day, shoot me an PM and I will send back my address.

ccurzio
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
For those of you attending our little shindig here, do any of you happen to have a coolant system pressure tester? I've got a long-running and very persistent leak that I would also really like to fix.

sean
03-12-2012, 02:17 PM
you can rent them for free from you favorite local Advanced Auto/Autozone.

ccurzio
03-12-2012, 02:20 PM
you can rent them for free from you favorite local Advanced Auto/Autozone.

Sweet. Maybe I'll do just that the day of the meet and bring it up with us.

sean
03-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweet. Maybe I'll do just that the day of the meet and bring it up with us.

or do it ahead of time so you dont burn something up....

sean
03-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Well it pains me to say this but I've just been thrown a family curveball. I gotta back out of this one :disapprove:.

Freaky Beetle
03-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Sad to hear. Will miss you for sure!

Freaky Beetle
03-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Quick update on the attendee list:

Yes
Freaky Beetle
DL4567
Accipter
Aludden
davidrucker11387

Maybe
Iznodmad
Sphiend
Bikercmbc
Steve6864
Nullset
Dangermouse

We typically get together around 10:00, but anytime works for me. We can all chip in for Pizza if that is good with everyone.

ccurzio
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Pizza sounds good, as long as we can manage some slices without meat. :)

I can also bring along some beer/beverages. I don't have any of my homebrews left so it'll be store bought. Any suggestions?

Also, I have a bit of an update on my AC problem. It certainly isn't fixed yet, but I spoke with James and Stephen over at DMCH this morning (super nice guys), and Stephen gave me some tips. First thing was to check and see if the temperature knob was actually working the box in the passenger footwell via the blue cable. I checked that this afternoon and it is indeed working as expected, so that can be ruled out.

davidrucker11387
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Thats a good start, my first guess would be a combination of 2 things. comp not running and/or out of refridgeant and the coolant valve sticking open keeping the heater core hot no matter the setting. I wish I had my D running to bring her down! Be gald to meet everyone!

Freaky Beetle
03-17-2012, 03:13 PM
We are just a week away! Again, shoot me a PM for the address. I will be sending our detailed directions later this week as well.

Dangermouse
03-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Move me up to the Yes's and add Mike S also.

Freaky Beetle
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Updated List!

Yes
Freaky Beetle
DL4567
Accipter
Aludden
Dangermouse
Mike S

Maybe
Iznodmad
Sphiend
Bikercmbc
Steve6864
Nullset
Sean

sean
03-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Updated List!
Maybe
Sean

50% chance of rain so there is a 50% chance I can make it:biggrin:

ccurzio
03-19-2012, 10:56 AM
50% chance of rain so there is a 50% chance I can make it:biggrin:

I'm still happy to give you a ride if you can come out. :)

sean
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm still happy to give you a ride if you can come out. :)

I appreciate that but since its most likely going to be a "game time" decision, around 10:00ish, I wont hold you to anything. Plan on going without me and Ill just run myself up there if we get rained out.

ccurzio
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Roger that.

davidrucker11387
03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
You missed me on that last updated list. :bash: lol.

davidrucker11387
DeLoDave, 6410

aludden
03-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Hmmm... rain would not be good for me. I still don't have the outer door weatherstripping. I do have the new inner door weatherstripping installed, but I'm not sure if that by itself will keep the water out or not.

Freaky Beetle
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
You missed me on that last updated list. :bash: lol.
davidrucker11387
DeLoDave, 6410

That's what I get for copy any paste!

Update to the updated list:

Yes
Freaky Beetle
DL4567
Accipter
Aludden (pending rain)
davidrucker11387
Dangermouse
Mike S
Sean (Pending Rain)

Maybe
Iznodmad
Sphiend
Bikercmbc
Steve6864
Nullset

Dangermouse
03-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Hmmm... rain would not be good for me. I still don't have the outer door weatherstripping. I do have the new inner door weatherstripping installed, but I'm not sure if that by itself will keep the water out or not.

Just drive faster :)

EDIT : Jai, in post 15, nullset said (or implied) that he would be there, unless you have heard something different since.

nullset
03-19-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm planning to be there, pending no further disasters to either of my cars…..

--buddy

sean
03-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm planning to be there, pending no further disasters to either of my cars…..

--buddy

probably best you dont work on either one of them between now and then ;-) :lol:

DL4567
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I've got an empty DeLorean passenger seat if anyone wants to ride with me from Buford. Maybe someone going without a D? Dermot perhaps?

I'd be leaving here at about 8 am.

Dangermouse
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I'll probably have my son with me, and he's too big to fit on the parcel shelf now.

Oh, and I'll hopefully be bringing the D, depending on my confidence level.

ccurzio
03-19-2012, 04:50 PM
I'm still open to requests for beverages.

thirdmanj
03-19-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm still open to requests for beverages.

http://img.tapatalk.com/46a04793-a1ab-531f.jpg

nullset
03-19-2012, 05:30 PM
I'll probably have my son with me, and he's too big to fit on the parcel shelf now.

You got it fixed?

ccurzio
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Mind. Blown. That rules.

How about this: everyone tell me what kind of (reasonably-priced) beer-like beverages you'd like to enjoy with the pizza, and whoever can help me fix my AC will get a good bottle of scotch as a thank you. :)

aludden
03-19-2012, 05:34 PM
(picture...)

Hmmm... "designed to last 20 years rust-free" - no wonder my roof rusted! :-)

thirdmanj
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Real irony in that ad eh? :lol: Its a blend, and like all blends, it's shite. But this is kind of a special photo to me. It was this ad that introduced me to the DMC-12. I saw it in an old magazine and flipped out, the next day my brother came home with a VHS of BTTF and.... well you know the rest.

DL4567
03-19-2012, 07:48 PM

That's great! I didn't know you had it driveable already. Thought it was still apart....

The ride offer is of course still open to anyone. Google maps shows it a 1 hr and 45 minute drive from here (probably less in reality) but it'd be nice to have some company.

sphiend
03-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I've got an empty DeLorean passenger seat if anyone wants to ride with me from Buford. Maybe someone going without a D? Dermot perhaps?

I'd be leaving here at about 8 am.

Considering going but not sure if I want to take car this time. Last I looked at weather it showed storms. Might take you up on passenger seat.

Freaky Beetle
03-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I do have a good variety of tools, but it may not hurt to bring specialty tools you may need. I also have a few chairs, but it probably wouldn’t hurt to bring your own as well.

Calhoun is a fairly small town, but it does have an outlet mall (http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=97)if you are in a shopping mood. Mostly clothing, but they do have a Direct Tools.

Yes
Freaky Beetle
DL4567
Accipter
Aludden (pending rain)
davidrucker11387
Dangermouse
Mike S
Sean (Pending Rain)
Nullset

Maybe
Iznodmad
Sphiend
Bikercmbc
Steve6864

ccurzio
03-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Would you happen to have ramps, and a vice?

I'm bringing a LH door solenoid, and it needs to be flipped to work in the RH door. Apparently it's easier to do with a vice. The ramps are so I can hopefully track down my coolant leak. I'm bringing my pressure tester, so if anyone else wans to use it (or any of the tools I'll be bringing) you're more than welcome. I'd also be glad to help anyone else with stuff on their cars too. That's kind of the point of a tech day. :)

DL4567
03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Considering going but not sure if I want to take car this time. Last I looked at weather it showed storms. Might take you up on passenger seat.

The forecast will probably change a bunch more leading up to Saturday (right now it shows storms Fri and sunny Sat) but if it is pouring rain I'll take a different car too. You're welcome to ride with me either way.

davidrucker11387
03-20-2012, 02:32 PM
http://youtu.be/NGYfL9kHie8

Not a big beer fan but thought that if fit our drink conversation previously, lol.

Davidrucker11387
DeLoDave, 6410

sphiend
03-20-2012, 10:53 PM
The forecast will probably change a bunch more leading up to Saturday (right now it shows storms Fri and sunny Sat) but if it is pouring rain I'll take a different car too. You're welcome to ride with me either way.

Send me PM with contact info.

Dangermouse
03-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Real irony in that ad eh? :lol: Its a blend, and like all blends, it's shite. But this is kind of a special photo to me. It was this ad that introduced me to the DMC-12. I saw it in an old magazine and flipped out, the next day my brother came home with a VHS of BTTF and.... well you know the rest.

Always wondered why Bushmills didn't do this, with it being only a few miles from the factory. Would have made a nice tie-in.

Freaky Beetle
03-21-2012, 10:51 PM
Everyone should have my phone number and detailed directions now. From a tool standpoint, I am having trouble locating a set of ramps. I do have a jack and jack stands though. One downfall of my garage is the lack of a work bench, so no vice.

DL4567
03-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have a pH tester for the engine coolant? (or whatever it is that's needed to check the "health" of the coolant)

If you have such a thing, could you please bring it on Saturday?

Dangermouse
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Too late to start a job list?

Accipter - AC investigation
Accipter - Door Lock Solenoid
Accipter - Coolant Pressure Testing (maybe)
Derek - Coolant ph testing
Me - door-lock alignment

anyone else?

Pity Bill won't be there. He can detect liquids by taste, and can probably identify pH also.

ccurzio
03-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Freaky Beetle needs a brake rebuild if I remember correctly.

Freaky Beetle
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Freaky Beetle needs a brake rebuild if I remember correctly.

Oh yes. It will be more of a tear down to see what I need to order and get the parts prepped for blasting and coating. We will all get to see what original 31 year old DMC brake fluid looks like...:eek1:

davidrucker11387
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I might have a set of ramps. If I can find them that is! Ill look for them tomorrow and keep everyone updated.

davidrucker11387
DeLoDave, 6410

Dangermouse
03-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Anyone got a grease gun they could bring? I would like to lube whatever points need lubed underneath and I might need some direction on where they are. (I have plenty of grease, just no gun.)

Freaky Beetle
03-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Anyone got a grease gun they could bring? I would like to lube whatever points need lubed underneath and I might need some direction on where they are. (I have plenty of grease, just no gun.)

I have a grease gun you can use.

Dangermouse
03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Jai,

do you have a start/end time in mind? maybe it is on another post, but I didn't see it.

Freaky Beetle
03-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah. It was in the original thread. I know we typically get together around 10:00, but I will be there all morning, so anytime is good with me. Stay as long as you like. I have no where to be.

I did pick up Cokes, Mountain Dews, and water for everyone today. I will also pick up ice tomorrow morning as well. If we have any gamers, I do have Forza 4 setup with the DMC you are more than welcome to play.

aludden
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
The weather is not looking too good for me, and I haven't received the weatherstripping, so most likely I will not make the 200 mile trek each way tomorrow... :-(

ccurzio
03-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I never actually did get any specific requests for beer so I'll just bring a sampling of a couple of different kinds.

Iznodmad
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
I have been lurking and trying to make up my mind. Due to sudden family obligations, I am out. Hopefully I can make the next one. Have fun and post pics!

03-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I sure would like to come and help, but Im really not in the mood for a 450 mile round trip:mad1:. We really need an interstate across north Georgia!

ccurzio
03-23-2012, 06:33 PM
I've also decided to pack my torque wrench on the off chance anyone may need it.

Does anyone else have any tools they may need? If I have it, even if it's a spare set to what Jai's got, I can bring it so we can multitask. I'm bringing my socket set and a pair of screwdrivers and such, as well as my meter too.

Freaky Beetle
03-23-2012, 06:45 PM
I've also decided to pack my torque wrench on the off chance anyone may need it.

Does anyone else have any tools they may need? If I have it, even if it's a spare set to what Jai's got, I can bring it so we can multitask. I'm bringing my socket set and a pair of screwdrivers and such, as well as my meter too.

I would say it is better to have to many tools than missing something handy.

Freaky Beetle
03-23-2012, 06:46 PM
I sure would like to come and help, but Im really not in the mood for a 450 mile round trip:mad1:. We really need an interstate across north Georgia!

No kidding!

sean
03-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Well the weather here is perfect which means I can't come over and play :-/. I hope you guys have a blast, take lots of pics please.

DL4567
03-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Yep, I was nervous peeking out the window this morning (what if the ground was wet!?) but quite the contrary.... totally clear sky. NICE! We will miss you Sean.

ccurzio
03-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Derek, remind me to give you a picture I saved for you.

You can thank me later.

Edit: also, slight change of plans today. I will be bringing a +1. She'll be out of the way though.

Freaky Beetle
03-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Thank you to everyone that came out to the tech session today. The weather was about perfect and I had a lot of fun! It was great meeting new faces and catching up with old friends.

I got a good start on my brake rebuild and I hope to have it blasted, coated, and reassembled soon.

Here are a few pictures I took. Not many, to busy enjoying the DMCness.

Dangermouse
03-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Just got back after a beautiful 2 hr drive through the mountains in great sunny cool weather! That's the longest and furthest I've driven Marmite since I got her. Very memorable.

Thanks Jai for hosting - great time. As for what I got done today, I'll just say @$&%# at this point! :)

Pics later.

Good to meet everyone again/for the first time (delete as applicable )

Freaky Beetle
03-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I'll just say @$&%# at this point! :)

I think every picture I have ever taken of you involves you working on your doors. Can't say you don't give it the old college try!

aludden
03-24-2012, 10:23 PM
I just made it back! It was great meeting you all!
Last time I came back from the October meet, I had trouble with my lights. Sure enough, my lights failed me again. I did manage to get them going, but I guess I need to get a new headlight switch. (It works fine at home!) I ran into quite a bit of rain on the way back, but the new inside door seals kept the water out, even without the outside ones.

If there's any interest in making the trek to Gatlinburg, we can hold one at my house sometime.

Thanks!
Alex

Dangermouse
03-24-2012, 11:40 PM
I think every picture I have ever taken of you involves you working on your doors. Can't say you don't give it the old college try!

I learned two things today:

1. Don't trust Derek's gps
2. Don't take your door handle off - after four people helped trying to get those two frickin nuts on (thanks Alex, Mike, Buddy and Chris btw), while everyone was down looking at Herbie, with the final tighten of the wrench I broke the %#^}¥ stud off !!!! Destroyed a perfectly good metal door handle. And worse - I have to do it all again :(

So on the plus side, the locks are better aligned, on the negative, I can't open the door.

More than once I looked skyward while aligning them and implored WWSD !

ccurzio
03-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Great time, everyone. Thanks to everyone who came out and all who helped me with various things on my car. Of course it's now idling too high, so I'm going to need to readjust it all over again.

That pizza looked far too tempting than was probably healthy, but I managed to keep myself in check. Gotta soldier on. Bah.

I'm also not terribly thrilled with the prospect of needing a new radiator either. First world problems I guess.

sean
03-25-2012, 08:43 AM
I learned two things today:

1. Don't trust Derek's gps
2. Don't take your door handle off - after four people helped trying to get those two frickin nuts on (thanks Alex, Mike, Buddy and Chris btw), while everyone was down looking at Herbie, with the final tighten of the wrench I broke the %#^}¥ stud off !!!! Destroyed a perfectly good metal door handle. And worse - I have to do it all again :(

So on the plus side, the locks are better aligned, on the negative, I can't open the door.

More than once I looked skyward while aligning them and implored WWSD !

Sorry to here of your pains. I was looking skyward while thinking "dang what a perfect day for a tech session", then my daughter successfully stole home, twice, and I realized all was right. We need to see about hooking up in April or May. Eric had told me is interested so he might even host as he's pretty central.

Still hoping for a few more pics...

aludden
03-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I would be up for May, I'll be gone the month of April.
Here's some pictures...
Alex

sean
03-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Here's some pictures...
Alex

Great rainbow pic Alex!

Ron
03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Sorry I missed this one Jai (all). I kept hesitating to weigh in on the meet due to my painter waffling at first (imagine that), but we actually got it in the shop Monday ;-] Then, when he said he had to go to a funeral, I was going to try and hook up with Sean/Alex depending on rain/not, only to miss Alex's call chasing stainless screws ;-(
Anyway, glad to hear the meet was a success and everyone had a good time!

I was looking skyward while thinking "dang what a perfect day for a tech session", then my daughter successfully stole home, twice, and I realized all was right. We need to see about hooking up in April or May. Eric had told me is interested so he might even host as he's pretty central.

Still hoping for a few more pics...
+1 on the pics!!! (Ryan showed up !?!)

(One sliding across home would be cool too, Dad ;-)

ccurzio
03-25-2012, 10:32 AM
I would really love to host one of these, but I have a long (and steep) one-car width driveway that leads to a garage which is exactly perpendicular to the driveway, and my house is on a pretty narrow street. I unfortunately have a house that is in no way convenient for such an endeavor.

Jai's drive worked really well yesterday, though.

sean
03-25-2012, 12:18 PM
(Ryan showed up !?!)

BWHAHAHAHA, hilarious Ron....Ha, Ryan showing up, too funny.

davidrucker11387
03-25-2012, 03:26 PM
The Pics That I Took. Wasnt too many but was busy absorbing knowledge from the more experienced and assisting the less experienced. I had a blast and it was nice to meet everyone! I hope to be starting a thread in the next day or 2 about my D, its restore, and its 3.0 EFI conversion and progress!

DL4567
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Big thanks to Jai for hosting! I really had a great time. It was a pleasure of a drive (despite my GPS's best attempts to get us on the highway -- it showed a route of nice country roads when I programmed it at home) and the weather really worked out. Made it back in the garage without a single drop of rain. Thanks to Doug too for riding along. The conversation made the time fly.

Chris, sorry to run off without saying bye or something, Mike and Dermot were in such a "hurry" that they drove off following the wrong car!! :D But if you could please email that GB pic, I'd really appreciate it. My address is: derek007 (at) gmail (dot) com

Alright, here are my pics:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4154/img0028custom.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1550/img0030custom.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/535/img0032custom.jpg

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/508/img0034custom.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3372/img0035custom.jpg

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/134/img0037custom.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/476/img0040custom.jpg

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4560/img0041custom.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5443/img0042custom.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5733/img0043custom.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/425/img0044custom.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4665/img0045custom.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9302/img0047customh.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9026/img0049custom.jpg

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5155/img0050custom.jpg

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/197/img0052custom.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2458/img0053custom.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1209/img0054custom.jpg

ccurzio
03-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Chris, sorry to run off without saying bye or something, Mike and Dermot were in such a "hurry" that they drove off following the wrong car!! :D

No worries. After I'd washed up I came out to say goodbye but you'd already left. Either way, good to see you guys again. We'll do something else soon enough.

Nice pics, too.

sean
03-25-2012, 04:26 PM
You guys sort out Chris's AC issues?

ccurzio
03-25-2012, 04:49 PM
You guys sort out Chris's AC issues?

It's not sorted and my AC still doesn't function, but Mike pointed out something interesting while we were looking into it. The hot water valve doesn't function at all, so when you crank the temp knob all the way to "cool" the valve doesn't budge. We forced it in with a zip-tie and the system seemed to start blowing ambient air on the "vent" setting so we may be making SOME progress, though I gave it another shot on my way home and it was blowing hot air again. I checked and the zip tie is still intact, so I'm still confused.

Either way I went ahead and bought a replacement hot water valve. Can't hurt, but we aren't much closer to a solution. :(

Dangermouse
03-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Don't feel too bad. Three out of the seven cars there didn't have functioning AC - and I'm not sure if Alex's was either. Maybe 4/7.

Freaky Beetle
03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Since Derek went and posted pictures of my Beetle covered in mud, thought I would post a picture sans-mud.

This is what it normally looks like:

DL4567
03-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Since Derek went and posted pictures of my Beetle covered in mud, thought I would post a picture sans-mud.

This is what it normally looks like:

Uh oh..... I hope you're not mad at me. :disapprove:

I thought your Beetle looked good.

Freaky Beetle
03-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Uh oh..... I hope you're not mad at me. :disapprove:

I thought your Beetle looked good.

Ha! Not at all. Just kicking myself for sinking it into the mud in the first place!

DL4567
03-25-2012, 11:07 PM
Hehe, well other than the mud on the tires, it looked clean to me! :)

BTW, the large print of your DeLorean in the bathroom kicked ass! Forgot to tell you yesterday...

Oh, also while I'm at it, something crazy that I noticed when processing the pics.... remember my mentioning I just got this new camera? Well the file name of the first picture I took of the Beetle was IMG_0053.JPG.

Freaky Beetle
03-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks! I took that picture of my car many years ago and had it printed at a friend's print shop.

Oh yeah, I got the rest of the calipers off today. They looked much better than the crispy one, but all need a rebuild. Off to get blasted this week!

Dangermouse
03-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Chance to get mine uploaded. Not surprisingly very similar to the others

On the drive over, we ran into occasional old British cars that would honk in acknowledgement. As well as the usual TR6's, and MG, we saw a Triumph Dolomite and a Rover 3500S, neither one I have seen before in this country. Great drive.

rundmc
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Who's car has the BTTF gear on the back wall?

nullset
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM

That was Derek's.

I have a full set of caliper rebuild kits. I'll sell them to you at cost, since I probably won't use them. Let me know if you're interested.

--buddy

Dangermouse
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Now, I know everyone was jealous about the OEM equipment that I had, that noooo-one else had.

it makes you car go faster, gets better fuel economy and attracts the opposite sex.

And I'd get more points at concours than any other car (in this one small category anyway), even Jai who is only 67 cars from me on the VIn-list

So here it is, still available at DMCH:

http://store.delorean.com/images/Product/medium/110728.JPG

Jealous ???

DL4567
03-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Hi Michael,

You didn't know that was in my car? Yep, I made the flux capacitor and surrounding panel during my search for the right DeLorean to buy, to keep the excitement alive as the months and months went by. Had it done the week before getting the car, so it was perfect timing to install it right away.

We may have talked about it in person, can't remember, but whenever someone asks about doing the rest of the time machine stuff, my answer is always, "nope, that's it for this car. To do the full time machine I'd have to have a second DeLorean."

Here's a better pic for you:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5921/derekbttffluxpanel.jpg

rundmc
03-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks man! That's the classy way to go with it! Makes me almost regret going in on a full-sized flux (for my home, not for the car)

rundmc
03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Now, I know everyone was jealous about the OEM equipment that I had, that noooo-one else had.

it makes you car go faster, gets better fuel economy and attracts the opposite sex.

And I'd get more points at concours than any other car (in this one small category anyway), even Jai who is only 67 cars from me on the VIn-list

So here it is, still available at DMCH:

http://store.delorean.com/images/Product/medium/110728.JPG

Jealous ???

That thing ALWAYS rips off my driver door on the rear striker. My DMCH replacement lasted exactly ONE DAY and it was destroyed as well. I have yet another in a bag, but until I know how to install it without it just getting scraped off again, it stays in the bag. My other strikers still have them.

Mike S
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Jai, thank you for hosting the tech session last weekend, it was great to get together with fellow DMC enthusiasts.

Mike S.