PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 3.0 Conversion: MegaSquirt Idle Air Control Settings for MS1, 3.57 board

06-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I've recently completed an Eagle Premier 3.0 PRV conversion on my car. I'm running the MegaSquirt 1 3.57 board ECU for fuel and spark control.

Now that the heat has set in, I'm at the point of not being able to drive the car any longer because the A/C load on the engine is pulling my idle down to a stall. I'm using the stock IAC valve that came with the Eagle engine. It is a Bosch unit, very similar to the stock DeLorean unit.

The 3.57 board has the ability to control idle for A/C loads using the PWM algorithm, but I'm uncertain how to set up the parameters in "closed loop only" mode. I'm currently in "warm-up only" mode and I have a very stable idle in this setting, but with the A/C engaged, it puts too much of a load on the engine. I'm told that "closed loop only" will control the idle with the IAC I'm running.

The following parameters need to be set in the More Settings tab, under the Idle Control header when setting to the "closed loop only" mode:

Idle Valve Frequency: 200 (this setting I do know)
Cranking (dc):
Minimum (dc):
Closed (dc):

Idle Speed Target
Fast idle (lower) temp: -40 F
Slow idle (upper) temp: 165 F
Fast Idle Speed RPM: 1000
Slow (warm) Idle Speed (RPM):750

Dashpot Settings
TPS threshold (ADC):
Idle Activation adder (dc):
Dashpot settle time (x 0.01sec):
Dashpot Adder (dc):

The following settings are also required in the More Settings tab, under the Idle Control (closed loop settings) header:

Deadband range (+/- RPM):

Adaptive Idle Deviation Control
Upper Limit (high RPM):
Lower Limit (lo RPM):
Fast Recovery (x 0.01sec)
Slow Recovery (x 0.01sec)

Other Time Constants
Closure Speed (x 0.01sec):
Startup Delay (x 0.01sec):

Has anyone figured this out? Jim Reeve, DCUK Martin, AdmiralSenn, Opethmike

Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks!